1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IT, Hellboy, John Wick, Alien, Predator, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Avengers films, DCEU films, Keaton Batman, Dark Knight Trilogy, ASM trilogy, Star Wars everything, Terminator, Crow, 300, Resident Evil, Cyberpunk, Back to the Future, Pirates of the Carribean, Fantastic Beasts, Alita, from the top of my head. Then within those film licenses you have a plethora of different characters from main to secondary to tertiary and arguably some I'd argue as not worth making, some milked more than others.

What would be the second biggest 1/6 company closest in quality, threezero or Blitzway? How many licenses have they produced and quality characters in the same quantity and same time frame. No company has come close. The theory that Hot Toys buying licenses and therefore meaning no other company can make those licenses are in my opinion unfounded until actual proof suggests this is the case to combat any reason as to why other companies haven't produced the same amount.

Like I said, misfires here and there aren't a sign of anything, and they really are far and few between. When a mishap like Caps head and this Iron Man have occurred they've rightfully been called out for it and reacted. In my opinion they need a kick up their ass in terms of customer interaction. But I've been collecting since 2012 and their quality has improved no doubt at all - their worst is either on par with the trailing markets best at worst and even slightly better at best.

If you can show me any company in 1/6 at the same quality with a more diverse portfolio than Hot Toys then that can be used as a slight against them :duff

I was looking something up the other day and happened to notice that in 2013 they announced about 20 figures from Dark Knight, Predator, Wolverine, Batman 66, Lone Ranger, Man of Steel, The Crow, Superman 3, GI Joe, RoboCop, Batman 89, Expendables and they announced about the same number from Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Avengers. I do miss those days when there was that variety.
If they had continued some of those lines they would have more of my $$$.

I was looking something up the other day and happened to notice that in 2013 they announced about 20 figures from Dark Knight, Predator, Wolverine, Batman 66, Lone Ranger, Man of Steel, The Crow, Superman 3, GI Joe, RoboCop, Batman 89, Expendables and they announced about the same number from Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Avengers. I do miss those days when there was that variety.
If they had continued some of those lines they would have more of my $$$.

I would LOVE more variety but it's like auto manufacturers making SUVs and pickup trucks. You have to build what sells the most. I'm guessing those did not sell in the numbers that they had wanted.

well, Disney / MARVEL / Star Wars are sure shots and with all the different characters and lines here, HT has so much work to do and money to earn, they don't need to take care of other licenses much, i guess. (and maybe can't.. 2 years until release nowadays..) Plus these licenses must cost a fortune, so they need to make the most out of it.

But they surprise us from time to time...ALITA was a great one!

Please remember also, HT does NOT dictate the pricing in the US or europe! That's SIDESHOW! Just look up the prices in HK!

I just said screw it and ordered through Toyswonderland. Yeah, I don't want to pay that but I am not waiting til Q3 for a head sculpt I will never use. I think it is fine, but I also have Black Panther. Always helmet > face for me.

well, Disney / MARVEL / Star Wars are sure shots and with all the different characters and lines here, HT has so much work to do and money to earn, they don't need to take care of other licenses much, i guess. (and maybe can't.. 2 years until release nowadays..) Plus these licenses must cost a fortune, so they need to make the most out of it.

But they surprise us from time to time...ALITA was a great one!

Please remember also, HT does NOT dictate the pricing in the US or europe! That's SIDESHOW! Just look up the prices in HK!

As dumb as it sounds, I hadn’t really thought that through until very recently. Some reviewers I follow brought this up in the wake of the Mark 85 HS debacle. SSC sets the price in the US that dictates a lot of tbt pricing everywhere (some local places sell for a little less, others for more, etc.). This made me curious to see what the going rate is in Hong Kong? The last time I bought from a HK based company, the exchange rate was $1 USD to $7.45 HKD. What does the Mark 85 cost in HK? And other diecast figures in general? I tried google but didn’t see anything definitive or recent.

This made me curious to see what the going rate is in Hong Kong? The last time I bought from a HK based company, the exchange rate was $1 USD to $7.45 HKD. What does the Mark 85 cost in HK? And other diecast figures in general? I tried google but didn’t see anything definitive or recent.

For example (https://www.toypanic.com/)
- when Mark 85 (clean) was for PO it cost 360$
- when Mark 85 (BD) was for PO it cost 385$

and another example for PO Mark 85 BD
- ToyPanic: 385$ + 60$ shipment + 23$ PayPal charges = 1850 PLN / or with VAT 1900 PLN (but I never had to pay for it when I ordered figures from Malysia from other shops) - value of the package 100$
- KGHobby: 400$ + 55$ shipment = 1790 PLN / or with VAT 1840 PLN (but I never had to pay for it when I ordered figures from HongKong, from KGHobby) - value of the package 100$

They were more fun before the MCU. Way more fun.

Back when you got a newsletter email with new licences.

As soon as Iron Man and The Dark Knight came out, they found their cash cow and gave zero ****s about most other licences. NECA are doing the same now with Turtles.

Remember when they used to release semi-regular catalogues with new license logos? That was exciting.

It is accurate to Morrison... but in hand looks smallish. Despite Morrison's actual height, aren't clones supposed to be about 6 feet?

Also the fact that it looks great with 1/7th Koto statues is kind of scary. :lol

So....
Your comment about Cody being 1/7 is wrong?
I'm asking, as Cody(Sans lid), should be 28.5cm high, if it's a 1/6 scale version of Temuera Morrison in the armour(Which he was never in).
Like i say, i am asking, as i don't have the figure.
If it's 28.5cm, or close to it, then we can say it's 1/6.
If it's 24.4cm, then we can say, definitively, that it's 1/7.

Yeah, to say Hot Toys is CURRENTLY diverse doesn't seem to ring true at all. They dipped their fingers into all sorts of properties earlier on, even only like 5 years ago. Now it is just Marvel and Star Wars; even freaking DC is getting put on the back-burner in comparison. The company and what they are producing has appeared to change a lot over time but especially in the past 3 years. Like I do love my dose of Marvel and Star Wars like many others of course, but the fact remains that there isn't a single figure that has released recently or is set to release in the next 2 years that I want to pick up from Hot Toys.

There have also been an uptick in lazy releases too. A bunch of armored/masked characters over and over with no unmasked head sculpts (or then half assed head sculpts), or 1 piece suits, etc etc. That recent Johnny Silverhand could be seen as branching out but it also comes off as very lazy for various reasons.

Just for comparison, I'll use the Hot Toys DX15 Jack Sparrow because I have it coming in the mail right now and I've been looking at it a lot lately. That figure has many layers of tailored clothing, with a bang on head sculpt(s), loads of accessories, all sorts of trinkets and little delicate details hanging off of him, a stellar dio base, PERS, etc. That thing released end of 2017/start of 2018, and retailed for I believe $265 USD. Now even just a few short years later, could anybody see Hot Toys doing a figure like that which is loaded with that amount of details, which would take a bit more attention than say a trooper? Not to mention a price that actually seems fair for what you get. It's no wonder that Jack is hailed as one of Hot Toys best in the past 5 years (or perhaps ever).

Got a full refund from SS today (allegedly. We'll see.) Looking at the XLIII right now. Diecast, cool base. No head sculpt, so I'll have to pick one up, but I like the angular look of the armor. Any issues with the 43 I should know about?

Hot Toys DX15 Jack Sparrow ...has many layers of tailored clothing, with a bang on head sculpt(s), loads of accessories, all sorts of trinkets and little delicate details hanging off of him, a stellar dio base, PERS, etc. That thing released end of 2017/start of 2018, and retailed for I believe $265 USD.

When you compare that to today's Transport Trooper for $250 -- no accessories, no head sculpt, mostly reused parts -- it does seem that prices have soared.

When you compare that to today's Transport Trooper for $250 -- no accessories, no head sculpt, mostly reused parts -- it does seem that prices have soared.

Which is why 90% of the stuff is Star Wars or Marvel.

You might make a Hellboy figure people decide not to get, but you make a Storm Trooper Garbage Man that uses mostly reused parts, and people fork over their life savings.

There's too much complaints about this figure but on the other hand it will be sold like hell and will become out-of-stock asap. And of course we will see $700-800 auctions in the bay. How ironic!

Got a full refund from SS today (allegedly. We'll see.) Looking at the XLIII right now. Diecast, cool base. No head sculpt, so I'll have to pick one up, but I like the angular look of the armor. Any issues with the 43 I should know about?

Same here (lost my $20 reward coupon) but ordered from HK (not waiting another year plus I like the headsculpt, gulp). Will order Mark 21 Midas when he is available (not PO anything anymore).

Mark 43 is nice! Originally release had some loose joints, but I hear the rerelease is solid. I do prefer the 42 rather than the 43 but both are great (they all are)

Back