1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've had this on pre-order from Sideshow forever. Think I'm going to try to cancel it Monday and swap to something else if they'll let me move all of my funds. What Iron Man should I look to pivot to? I don't have an IM yet, and I only plan on buying one. I'd prefer something with a full unhelmeted Stark HS, as I have at body and outfit already sitting here for it.

I'm just confused trying to sort through all of them.

Of course there are people on this forum with a lot more experience with these Iron Man armors than me, but I think the 46 Armor (Civil War) is a great choice for really good version that melds some of the heft of the older versions with some of the more streamlined/modern aspects of more recent versions. The 46 armor also has a color scheme very reminiscent of his comic book appearance.

There are some really cool versions of Iron Man by Hot Toys but in my opinion, the 46 is the best choice if you are going to have only one.

Ya know, I took a look and that sculpt I decided to pick up. One of the best 'aged' Tony Stark sculpts I have seen.

Rfh2MtM.png

How do I go about ordering one of the Maxnut headsculpts? I have MK 85 on the way from HK and def want to get a better Stark head for it

HT has had a number of recent screw ups all in a row lately. Now this and 1/7th scale Cody. They really are dropping the ball a lot lately.

I can see where people will one day look back and see this period as the long downward slide of HT post-peak.

HT has had a number of recent screw ups all in a row lately. Now this and 1/7th scale Cody. They really are dropping the ball a lot lately.

I can see where people will one day look back and see this period as the long downward slide of HT post-peak.

Yep, if you spend long enough at the top you always become complacent at some point. That's when things start to slip.

1/7th Cody LOL. What is the issue with Cody? Temuera Morrison is like 5'7", so if the figure is like 11.5 inches, it is accurate isn't it?

Only TM's head appears in ROTS so Cody's height can be whatever it wants.

Eh, I don't know - I think people are forgetting how good Hot Toys actually are. They have offered and continue to offer the most diverse portfolio of licenses and characters within those licenses, and at the same time produce considerable editions sizes for each figure with the same high standard in every application involved.

They release some figures which aren't as A* as others, this really doesn't mean they're on the decline or slipping. Let's not exaggerate or take away from a continued and sustained high output of high quality.

As far as I'm concerned in 1/6, in terms of being mass produced they're still untouchable, and definitely aren't slipping in quality at all. They dropped the ball on this release and rightly were called out for it, but 1 character in hundreds of lines in thousands of editions isn't really falling from grace now is it...

Eh, I don't know - I think people are forgetting how good Hot Toys actually are. They have offered and continue to offer the most diverse portfolio of licenses and characters within those licenses, and at the same time produce considerable editions sizes for each figure with the same high standard in every application involved.

They release some figures which aren't as A* as others, this really doesn't mean they're on the decline or slipping. Let's not exaggerate or take away from a continued and sustained high output of high quality.

As far as I'm concerned in 1/6, in terms of being mass produced they're still untouchable, and definitely aren't slipping in quality at all. They dropped the ball on this release and rightly were called out for it, but 1 character in hundreds of lines in thousands of editions isn't really falling from grace now is it...

HT is def. slacking on some recent figures. The thing is they are still #1 because they have a lot of employees, and also have international advantage of cheaper labor costs and likely cheaper access to manufacturing costs.

So what HTs can pump out for $250 might cost SS closer to $350 or $450. For SS to compete at $250, and still pay their workers, they have to cut corners in design, bodies, features, paint...ect.

HT is still the leader, and can coast on that for now. But as global labor costs adjust and increase, HT might find themselves the next SS not too long from now. If Marvel gives their license to a say Chinese or other 1/6 competitor with low labor costs in the near future, we could see similar HT quality and a ton of accessories at a lower price, at least where HT prices might end up. It is possible.

Last edited:
1/7th Cody LOL. What is the issue with Cody? Temuera Morrison is like 5'7", so if the figure is like 11.5 inches, it is accurate isn't it?

It is accurate to Morrison... but in hand looks smallish. Despite Morrison's actual height, aren't clones supposed to be about 6 feet?

Also the fact that it looks great with 1/7th Koto statues is kind of scary. :lol

You lost me at 'the most diverse portfolio of licences and characters within those licences.'

They were more fun before the MCU. Way more fun.

Back when you got a newsletter email with new licences.

As soon as Iron Man and The Dark Knight came out, they found their cash cow and gave zero ****s about most other licences. NECA are doing the same now with Turtles.

You lost me at 'the most diverse portfolio of licences and characters within those licences.'

IT, Hellboy, John Wick, Alien, Predator, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Avengers films, DCEU films, Keaton Batman, Dark Knight Trilogy, ASM trilogy, Star Wars everything, Terminator, Crow, 300, Resident Evil, Cyberpunk, Back to the Future, Pirates of the Carribean, Fantastic Beasts, Alita, from the top of my head. Then within those film licenses you have a plethora of different characters from main to secondary to tertiary and arguably some I'd argue as not worth making, some milked more than others.

What would be the second biggest 1/6 company closest in quality, threezero or Blitzway? How many licenses have they produced and quality characters in the same quantity and same time frame. No company has come close. The theory that Hot Toys buying licenses and therefore meaning no other company can make those licenses are in my opinion unfounded until actual proof suggests this is the case to combat any reason as to why other companies haven't produced the same amount.

Like I said, misfires here and there aren't a sign of anything, and they really are far and few between. When a mishap like Caps head and this Iron Man have occurred they've rightfully been called out for it and reacted. In my opinion they need a kick up their ass in terms of customer interaction. But I've been collecting since 2012 and their quality has improved no doubt at all - their worst is either on par with the trailing markets best at worst and even slightly better at best.

If you can show me any company in 1/6 at the same quality with a more diverse portfolio than Hot Toys then that can be used as a slight against them :duff

IT, Hellboy, John Wick, Alien, Predator, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Avengers films, DCEU films, Keaton Batman, Dark Knight Trilogy, ASM trilogy, Star Wars everything, Terminator, Crow, 300, Resident Evil, Cyberpunk, Back to the Future, Pirates of the Carribean, Fantastic Beasts, Alita, from the top of my head. Then within those film licenses you have a plethora of different characters from main to secondary to tertiary and arguably some I'd argue as not worth making, some milked more than others.

What would be the second biggest 1/6 company closest in quality, threezero or Blitzway? How many licenses have they produced and quality characters in the same quantity and same time frame. No company has come close. The theory that Hot Toys buying licenses and therefore meaning no other company can make those licenses are in my opinion unfounded until actual proof suggests this is the case to combat any reason as to why other companies haven't produced the same amount.

Like I said, misfires here and there aren't a sign of anything, and they really are far and few between. When a mishap like Caps head and this Iron Man have occurred they've rightfully been called out for it and reacted. In my opinion they need a kick up their ass in terms of customer interaction. But I've been collecting since 2012 and their quality has improved no doubt at all - their worst is either on par with the trailing markets best at worst and even slightly better at best.

If you can show me any company in 1/6 at the same quality with a more diverse portfolio than Hot Toys then that can be used as a slight against them :duff

I'm not about to defend HT as their recent quality hasn't been as consistent as it was a few short years ago. That said, when the controversy over this sculpt arose I couldn't help thinking if this thing had come out 10 years ago we would have hailed it as a masterpiece. Anyone else remember this guy? :lol

Hot Toys MMS 75 Iron Man ? Mark III.jpeg

IT, Hellboy, John Wick, Alien, Predator, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Avengers films, DCEU films, Keaton Batman, Dark Knight Trilogy, ASM trilogy, Star Wars everything, Terminator, Crow, 300, Resident Evil, Cyberpunk, Back to the Future, Pirates of the Carribean, Fantastic Beasts, Alita, from the top of my head.

Ffs there's like one character with each of those, then 45 Iron Men, 30 Spider-Men, and 20 Mandelorians and 50 different Stormtroopers. Notice how many of those have headsculpts at all. And yeah there's 10 Captain America's but only one of them has the right body. 90% of the female characters are way too short cause they can't be assed to make different bodies. Every suit now is made of textured plastic instead of tailored fabric so figures can hardly move and will absolutely crack and rot in the future. And everything is ringing in at $250 plus even when the accessories are just 3 pairs of hands. I collect Marvel and I am bored of it all.

Back