1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9dc6b433ab9c719681534abf07773d12.jpg
79f45507616c5e09c9c848182045b358.jpg
1e71e59aae339a41135c4ebb9bbb229f.jpg

Found on Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oof, this does look very good. Is there any Photoshop god here who can make the shoulders red?

If I had to chose 1 suit, don't think it's the mark 7. It has some of the best moments of all his suit, but it looks bit too bulky for my taste.
Of his more mechanical looking suits, the mark 46 has to be one of the best, not only of the looks, but because the movie was so. damn. good. But, I think that Mark 6 looks better, because it looks more streamlined than the mark 46 if that makes sense. Especially in figure form.

BUT, my favorite suits are the more organic ones, so either the 45, 50 and 85. Figure wise, the 45 takes the cake. I
can't stand the 50 for the leg gaps in museum pose, bit of a shame, because the mark 50 looks great, it shows what Iron Man is capable off, and even made Thanos bleed. I thought Tony was going to die right there and then when Thanos stabbed him. Suits has many, many great moments.
His coolest accessories from the movie (sword+shield+booster) were put in the accessories pack. Understandable but insane that people pay 800 dollars on a single figure. But it's a niche market after all.
And the mark 85. Classic, mechanical mixed with organic, snap moment, bla bla bla. INSANE reseale value. You've heard it all before. I just don't like the gold parts on the suit. I know it's a classic etc. but I've enjoyed MCU Iron Man and I never truly enjoyed comic book Iron man, so just because it looks like a hommage to a classic comic suit, doesn't do it for me. Iron Man to me looks better with predominantly red.
So my favorite Iron man suit is...

I can't chose......

I'm going for mark 50 with those beautiful wings.

giphy.gif

Can somebody send a picture of the stubby look that people kept talking about? Was it just hyper analyzing one photo or did Hot Toys actually make a change?

Can somebody send a picture of the stubby look that people kept talking about? Was it just hyper analyzing one photo or did Hot Toys actually make a change?

Probably just lens distortion on the initial photo. Can't imagine they would change the legs at this point. That's a pretty major change.

Seems to me like the stubbiness is just a result of all the high angle photos taken of this figure, even ones hot toys officially released.
7D60703D-D17D-41F9-9A3A-0570BAA8E96C.jpeg
On the right is the new photo, and on the left was an old photo, clearly from the same event, posted here when people still thought the legs looked too small. It’s clear no change has actually been made (at least since this older photo), and this new image is just a better representation of the figure’s real proportions.

Seems to me like the stubbiness is just a result of all the high angle photos taken of this figure, even ones hot toys officially released.
View attachment 460872
On the right is the new photo, and on the left was an old photo, clearly from the same event, posted here when people still thought the legs looked too small. It’s clear no change has actually been made (at least since this older photo), and this new image is just a better representation of the figure’s real proportions.

Yep that’s what it is. Makes me happy it’s not really like that.

made the torso look abnormally buff too... i got scared of the proportions at first. i blame eye-level, quick snaps while passing by.

i'd be there at least an hour taking pictures from all angles trying to get "professional" looking results, what with all our IG photos of our collections making fancy shoots etc :rotfl

i kinda agree with you. it may be the neck too being a tad too tall also...

It looks like they copied this from the suit-up scene in Avengers HQ just before Hulk put on the gauntlet. That scene had the suit with a smaller than usual head and longer neck to line-up with RDJ's face.

Really hope they reduce the height of the neck as well. Other than that, the figure looks perfect in my opinion. Very excited for this and the rumored battle damaged version. Wish SDCC started today. Haven't been this excited in a while... really eager to seeing all the reveals!

The "stubbiness" complaint started because someone unknowingly posted a fan-made Photoshop of the figure where the legs were short. How do I know? Because I follow the guy who made the Photoshop on Instagram, and he had his watermark at the bottom.

The legs were always fine and haven't changed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Hottoys with the battledamaged 85 and more accessories and best tony headsculpt.. jebaited

The battle-damaged Mark 85 looks amazing but pretty disappointed by how greedy Hot Toys is becoming. Should have been part of one package. Hot Toys has always made the battle-damaged parts part of one Iron Man toy package. It's crazy that you have to pay $1000 or so just to enjoy what should have been one package with parts.

Last time hot toys will do that. Now they just keep baiting us and giving us less than favourable figures

The battle-damaged Mark 85 looks amazing but pretty disappointed by how greedy Hot Toys is becoming. Should have been part of one package. Hot Toys has always made the battle-damaged parts part of one Iron Man toy package. It's crazy that you have to pay $1000 or so just to enjoy what should have been one package with parts.

But not like this. Most of the BD parts are a faceplate and chest piece. This is more like the BD Mark 7 that has battle damage ALL over and a completely different (darker, burnt, etc) paint job. There would be no way to do it right in one package. I have over 40 IM figures and that old BD MK7 still stands out because of the paint.

Am I the only one who vastly prefers exclusively battle damaged releases than swap out parts? The Iron Man suits that come with a swap-out battle damaged chest plate don't work. The suits need to be completely worn and damaged, and they can't realistically do that as accessories because the entire suit would need to be changed. Releasing this later and screwing people with NRDs, that is a cheap move, including way more accessories in the BD than the pristine, that is a cheap move, but a separate, fully battle damaged figure is perfectly fine in my eyes.

Back