1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20201222-122818.jpg

Saw this on a new review up on YT. This profile view of the headsculpt got RDJ right IMO. So now I'm not really sure why the head looks odd in some photos.

There's something off with the proportion on this figure as well. Like either the chest is too short or his legs are too long. Like the entire section from his crotch to his neck looks like it got squashed down.

Something weird going on with the proportions there.

I agree. It does look a bit squat but it might also be in part because straight on, the shoulders seem very wide compared to the legs which are a bit thin.

But the first picture there exacerbates it because of the gold legs in the Mk 6 in the cabinet add more gold to the left arm, throwing it even more off.

Looks like a young bait and switch to me.

REP'd. :rotfl

Seriously though, I'll be passing (despite my pre-order from 123 years ago) based on the proportions. I could have let the Stark portrait go, which I do think is either off or a step-down in production or...something. Yes, I get that these are preliminary photos and everyone (including me) is fulfilling the one-sixth cycle, but its execution is ... uneven.

The helmeted head does seem a touch small, neck a touch long, shoulders too broad, torso vs. limbs short ... some of that is undoubtedly posing, but I think that the nature of these latter-day Nanotech designs is difficult for HT to translate into figure form. Not for a second am I saying this is a poorly realized figure; as someone else said it's partly a victim of how well they've done other suits.

The 4 through 7, the 46, 46 Concept and 47, are all superior figures in my opinion. But congrats to those who're happy with it, I know the 50 has its share of fans, but I don't think the style appeals to me, personally.

Its a lot like the Boseman sculpt, all the texture and detail in the skin and facial hair are completely smoothed out and the face ends up looking almost blurry

Its a lot like the Boseman sculpt, all the texture and detail in the skin and facial hair are completely smoothed out and the face ends up looking almost blurry

Good comment. I pondered on buying this, but no chance in hell now. The hs is not good enough. I hope Hot Toys listen to us, sometimes they do (or they just admit it doesn't work themselves and change it). But then again, they gave us Ant-Man and this. Iron Man is their bread and butter, this is why everyone loves them (or a lot of people at least), how they can release something like this ... either they just don't care or in the chaos that is every day life right now, it slipped through the net.

The head does seem to look a bit on the small side. And not sure if everyone is taking really warm pictures but the suit is a lot more gold that the tone on the film which was the more champagne of the Mk42 (which admittedly hardly any figure got right either). Some less edited photos would make it clearer

2JsXIOx.jpg

jhntJf0.jpg

Nzrvnm1.jpg

The head does seem to look a bit on the small side. And not sure if everyone is taking really warm pictures but the suit is a lot more gold that the tone on the film which was the more champagne of the Mk42 (which admittedly hardly any figure got right either). Some less edited photos would make it clearer

2JsXIOx.jpg

jhntJf0.jpg

Nzrvnm1.jpg

Based on those photos the helmet should be bigger than those bulky shoulder pads.

Is there anyway to start a poll on this thread? I'm curious how many people are definitely gonna cancel preorder, considering cancelling preorder, still keeping preorder, or no long going to order at all?

:lecture

2JsXIOx.jpg
These are better photos but the main problem besides the head sculpt is the weird proportioned torso and shoulder armor pieces that stick out too much. Throw in the undersized helmet as well.

132034166_10158907432579743_5957646507809874834_o.jpg

132549656_10158907430969743_6694033381746191129_o.jpg

Very tough call. Based on photos I've seen so far, I'd keep my Mark 7 if I had to choose, but I haven't seen the 85 in-hand nor seen a high-resolution review yet.

Also depends on which era and style you're choosing between, I guess.

I've never fully shaken a slight pang of regret that I bought Mark IV instead of Mark VII as my sole representation of Iron Man. Not that IV isn't a great figure - just it's from Iron Man 2, not the greatest in the MCU catalogue. The Avengers 2012 meanwhile was one of the best cinema experiences I've ever had.

Back