1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First let me say none of these perfect. If you're looking for flaws you'll find them. If you love Iron Man like I do then those flaws disappear because I'm not looking for what is wrong rather what is done right.

The 85 is muscular. Shoulders, biceps, triceps, quads are creating the V along with the teardrop shape in the quads. Does his head appear smaller bc of that? Yes and no. Angles and pose will dictate that and amplify that. A long neck? Again, its perspective. Do any of these bother me or cross my mind when I'm viewing him? Not one bit. Every Iron Man Hot Toys has produced it uniquely a work of art. Is it a Mark 7? No, it's a Mark 85, from Endgame.

Simply put if you love Iron Man then this figure is a homerun (sculpt aside; again I think it's good, but sculpts are pointless for me). Overall I think Hot Toys did a great job with this guy. Every armor has something about it that some will point out. None of that noise bothers me.

View attachment 503003

:exactly::goodpost: I love my figures and i can always find something that could be better but the good (or amazing) hides the little imperfections 99% of the time. Things you don't notice on the shelf anyway.

Great photo, looks like a beast there.

Nice pose, Red Wolf. Excellent photos! I love your lighting set up. It really makes Iron Man pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly::goodpost: I love my figures and i can always find something that could be better but the good (or amazing) hides the little imperfections 99% of the time. Things you don't notice on the shelf anyway.

Great photo, looks like a beast there.

I agree. I think its human nature and especially collectors to want more.

Thank you

First let me say none of these perfect. If you're looking for flaws you'll find them. If you love Iron Man like I do then those flaws disappear because I'm not looking for what is wrong rather what is done right.

The 85 is muscular. Shoulders, biceps, triceps, quads are creating the V along with the teardrop shape in the quads. Does his head appear smaller bc of that? Yes and no. Angles and pose will dictate that and amplify that. A long neck? Again, its perspective. Do any of these bother me or cross my mind when I'm viewing him? Not one bit. Every Iron Man Hot Toys has produced it uniquely a work of art. Is it a Mark 7? No, it's a Mark 85, from Endgame.

Simply put if you love Iron Man then this figure is a homerun (sculpt aside; again I think it's good, but sculpts are pointless for me). Overall I think Hot Toys did a great job with this guy. Every armor has something about it that some will point out. None of that noise bothers me.

[...]

Thanks for the taking the time. It's generally unrealistic to expect an articulated, shrunk-down version of a CGI character with absolute fidelity to what's seen on-screen. So much so that the very rare occasions when companies like HT pull it off, it's really special. That being said, you can love Iron Man and have personal preferences. Many companies that have produced otherwise stellar pieces, tend to make the same errors regarding armoured proportions, particularly where helmets are concerned. I began buying the HT diecast armours because obvious errors had been addressed by those iterations whereas their earlier figures looked more like robots than a guy in a suit.

You can't compare the design of the 85 to the 7, but you can compare the basics of execution, which is what I was getting at. Looking forward to seeing more in-hand photos as more Freaks pick this one up.

Anyway, enjoy the figure!

I know you don't care much for the sculpt, but would it be possible to see how it looks like on your display and lighting? Thanks!

Unfortunately, I put the box in storage already. When I go back to get some things I'll grab it and snap some pictures (could be a while though). Most likely won't put it on the 85 body as once I have my "men" posed I hate to repose them. I just leave them as is. Sorry, I know that doesn't help, but I'm sure someone will post some pictures up soon.

Thanks for the taking the time. It's generally unrealistic to expect an articulated, shrunk-down version of a CGI character with absolute fidelity to what's seen on-screen. So much so that the very rare occasions when companies like HT pull it off, it's really special. That being said, you can love Iron Man and have personal preferences. Many companies that have produced otherwise stellar pieces, tend to make the same errors regarding armoured proportions, particularly where helmets are concerned. I began buying the HT diecast armours because obvious errors had been addressed by those iterations whereas their earlier figures looked more like robots than a guy in a suit.

You can't compare the design of the 85 to the 7, but you can compare the basics of execution, which is what I was getting at. Looking forward to seeing more in-hand photos as more Freaks pick this one up.

Anyway, enjoy the figure!

I agree. I think most if not all of the issues we have with figures aren't really the figure it is our expectation of that figure and what it should be. WE are let down.

I have yet to be let down by any Hot Toys Iron Man I have picked up.

Unfortunately, I put the box in storage already. When I go back to get some things I'll grab it and snap some pictures (could be a while though). Most likely won't put it on the 85 body as once I have my "men" posed I hate to repose them. I just leave them as is. Sorry, I know that doesn't help, but I'm sure someone will post some pictures up soon.

No worries. Thanks for sharing your insights about it. I'm glad the figure pans out in hand. :)

Well, in that case I hope you enjoy that head. Most guys don't want the sloppy head that came with this release, they prefer the original head that was teased from a year ago...some guys are old fashioned I guess and don't like it when they suddenly get unannounced new head without warning. It can be shocking and surprising if you're not prepared for that kind of head. I see you're not a complainer and that's great, you'll take any head you can get. So with all that being said I look forward to the photo of you getting that head. For your sake I hope that head isn't disappointing for you! :lol :duff

Lol.
I have a spare MK47 head here i'll trade to anyone that doesn't like the 85 one, hehe.

Got this last night from Toys Wonderland and love it! The head sculpt looks much better in hand than in photographs. Not perfect but I never planned on using it anyway. Glad I grabbed this now instead of waiting another year for a head sculpt that would stay in the box

22bdfb2f85bede178a62ea5f0b590c86.jpg

6c6eb473de2cbf8dca0998cd5aa8c439.jpg

02025a563937832fc461863d49134ae4.jpg

8acf568f5b7e165494ad9ceaf260ae8e.jpg

Have yet to see this sculpt naturally instead of blogger pics. What?s the deal?

There are tons posted on FB. I added a picture (not mine, but a FB user). Pretty much all of those who have this agree that it looks better in person. There could be improvements as with anything. Getting this headsculpt even though I never use any of them was the main reason in getting this figure now, plus there was no reason to wait another year. Darth took some great shots above this post.

135564535_4046153192062713_2640953796328222223_o.jpg

Got this last night from Toys Wonderland and love it! The head sculpt looks much better in hand than in photographs. Not perfect but I never planned on using it anyway. Glad I grabbed this now instead of waiting another year for a head sculpt that would stay in the box

22bdfb2f85bede178a62ea5f0b590c86.jpg

6c6eb473de2cbf8dca0998cd5aa8c439.jpg

02025a563937832fc461863d49134ae4.jpg

Nice shots! Ordered from TW too and trying to find the seam was a brainteaser for a few moments. Really love your setup. I was reading through your build and I think I might use yours and Half Fast Reviews as inspiration.

Does anyone know for definite what sculpt HT are replacing the one above with? My Mark 85 should be here tomorrow.

Pretty sure the only info we have is that HT posted a picture of the sculpt that was originally advertised--i.e. the original promo pictures--when they made the initial announcement.

Personally, I dont care for that sculpt either. The head i want is the later prototype posted by JC Hong--but I'm pretty sure that IS the head we got, and that production simply failed us.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Has anyone had trouble buying from Maxnut before? I'm trying to order a headsculpt (or 3), but I can't get past the shipping address page. It won't let me proceed without an apartment/suite number, but I live in a house; I don't have one. I tried reaching out to Maxnut but got no response, so I'm hoping someone here had better luck with a solution.

Has anyone had trouble buying from Maxnut before? I'm trying to order a headsculpt (or 3), but I can't get past the shipping address page. It won't let me proceed without an apartment/suite number, but I live in a house; I don't have one. I tried reaching out to Maxnut but got no response, so I'm hoping someone here had better luck with a solution.

Just put 0 or 1. The postman will work it out when he's standing in front of a house.

Now I'll sit here and wait for the response "no they won't" [emoji23]

I bought from him recently without an apt number and didn't have any issues.

Nah, they did the right thing cancelling that sculpt. 99% of people on FB can't be wrong, and it does look wrong.

From what I have seen all those that are keeping their order or ordering now for remaining stock don't use the headsculpt.

The figure itself does look pretty cool. Looking forward to my BD version eventually. It had a different sculpt again with slightly open mouth if I'm not wrong. And that is one that many would display with helmet off.

There are tons posted on FB. I added a picture (not mine, but a FB user). Pretty much all of those who have this agree that it looks better in person. There could be improvements as with anything. Getting this headsculpt even though I never use any of them was the main reason in getting this figure now, plus there was no reason to wait another year. Darth took some great shots above this post.

View attachment 503135

Nice shots! Ordered from TW too and trying to find the seam was a brainteaser for a few moments. Really love your setup. I was reading through your build and I think I might use yours and Half Fast Reviews as inspiration.

Cool, let me know if I can answer any questions!

Back