1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's a proto but I hope they sort the weathering out and get it closer to the promo pics. Compared to the promo this is kind of underwhelming...and the Infinity Gauntlet looks like a cheap kids toy.

thanos.jpg

38756905520_a731135bff_c.jpg

so does anyone know if hot toys rubber arms still have the deterioration problem these days? like for owners of the hulks from couple years ago or whatever did they crack?

I have Hulk from the original Avengers movie. Purchased nearly six years ago. No signs of deterioration. I also have had the bare arm Thor from The Dark World since his initial release, and he shows no signs of deterioration.
I have seen pictures of Wonder Woman with torn rubber arms from using an extreme dynamic pose for too long. I wouldn’t call that deterioration though. I’d say the rubber was overstressed and stretched until it tore because the owner didn’t follow the degrees of limited posing described in the instruction booklet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have A1 Hulk and Gamora with no issues but i don't even think about bending Gamoras arms. I do bend Hulks a little but nothing to extreme.

All the dreads on all my Predators are doing okay as well. Oldest one I have is Berserker, and he’s doing fine.

I have Hulk from the original Avengers movie. Purchased nearly six years ago. No signs of deterioration. I also have had the bare arm Thor from The Dark World since his initial release, and he shows no signs of deterioration.
I have seen pictures of Wonder Woman with torn rubber arms from using an extreme dynamic pose for too long. I wouldn’t call that deterioration though. I’d say the rubber was overstressed and stretched until it tore because the owner didn’t follow the degrees of limited posing described in the instruction booklet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have A1 Hulk and Gamora with no issues but i don't even think about bending Gamoras arms. I do bend Hulks a little but nothing to extreme.

I have TRR thor and hulk, both doing good so far. I also have my old 1989 batman. Checked him a while back and i think it's holding up okay.

All the dreads on all my Predators are doing okay as well. Oldest one I have is Berserker, and he’s doing fine.

Thank you all for the feedback. It sounds like the figures hold up well as long as the owner displays them within reason (e.g. not bending rubber arms for too long).

I'll have to watch the movie before I decide about this. I'm worried Thanos will seem depowered or be defeated easily, if that's the case it'll make me lose interest in this version. Armored is more visually striking but Thanos was such a powerhouse in IW I keep going back to that version.

I'll have to watch the movie before I decide about this. I'm worried Thanos will seem depowered or be defeated easily, if that's the case it'll make me lose interest in this version. Armored is more visually striking but Thanos was such a powerhouse in IW I keep going back to that version.

Interesting how others collect. I buy the figures based on if I like them and the look. If their movie is good then that adds to it. Captain marvel I thought was ok but I really like her look so I'll pick her up. Thanos was awesome in IW but visually he isn't how I remember him to be so I passed in Hope's of the armored version. I don't think 1 is better than the other just how I want that character represented in my collection.

Interesting how others collect. I buy the figures based on if I like them and the look. If their movie is good then that adds to it. Captain marvel I thought was ok but I really like her look so I'll pick her up. Thanos was awesome in IW but visually he isn't how I remember him to be so I passed in Hope's of the armored version. I don't think 1 is better than the other just how I want that character represented in my collection.

I tend to collect based on the connection I feel to a particular version or appearance of a character. I agree Thanos without his armor is less interesting visually, but he was such a badass in IW. When I think of Thanos I think of him on Titan going up against Stark and Strange, just kicking ass.

Back