1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m starting to rethink my stance on this figure. I initially stated yesterday I was going to wait out IW Thanos on the secondary market and see what happens, but I have about $175 in RP at SSC that I was thinking about using on John Wick and it occurs to me that it seems like he would actually be a better choice to wait out on the secondary market. Using RP on this guy would put him back to the price of a standard figure.

Well, I liked the Guardians armored version of Thanos a lot more than this one. It was a lot truer to the source material. I wish I had purchased it now back when it came out.

Well, I liked the Guardians armored version of Thanos a lot more than this one. It was a lot truer to the source material. I wish I had purchased it now back when it came out.

While I agree about its likeness, I think its size is what ruins it for me. IW/EG figure is significantly larger and imo more appropriate for the character.

I’m sure many people will be letting go of the Guardians version when this armored EG Version releases. You’ll probably get a great deal on him then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m starting to rethink my stance on this figure. I initially stated yesterday I was going to wait out IW Thanos on the secondary market and see what happens, but I have about $175 in RP at SSC that I was thinking about using on John Wick and it occurs to me that it seems like he would actually be a better choice to wait out on the secondary market. Using RP on this guy would put him back to the price of a standard figure.
I used $141.60 in RP to preorder this. I always use my rewards on these higher dollar figures to bring the price down to a typical Hot Toys price. It seems like a wise move to me.

I used $141.60 in RP to preorder this. I always use my rewards on these higher dollar figures to bring the price down to a typical Hot Toys price. It seems like a wise move to me.

What's the difference though ? Its $141 you don't have to spend whatever figure you get. Cheap or expensive ?

What's the difference though ? Its $141 you don't have to spend whatever figure you get. Cheap or expensive ?

True, but it lowers the monthly Sideshow payments on more expensive figures. That really helps me budget the more expensive figures.

I wish they could fix the bend on the elbows for these bigger figures.

Yeah I agree with you. For me that’s the only complaint. Looks like when it starts to bend, the sides flare out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

True. But at $350+, I’m out priced. Mostly just because I choose not to spend that much on a figure. At $225 ish, I’m not out priced.

That's just a psychological thing though - and I do it myself. Regardless of what you end up using the rewards on, in the end it all works out to be the same.

Yeah I agree with you. For me that’s the only complaint. Looks like when it starts to bend, the sides flare out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Part of me wished they'd just ditch the seamless articulation and provide a straight, mid-bent, and fully bent arm as swap out pieces but then it's getting to be statue-like I guess. I know they won't do 3 different arm molds for one figure release, even though he's pricey.

Part of me wished they'd just ditch the seamless articulation and provide a straight, mid-bent, and fully bent arm as swap out pieces but then it's getting to be statue-like I guess. I know they won't do 3 different arm molds for one figure release, even though he's pricey.

Yes it's a pity they couldn't do the same as they did with IW but I guess they need to differentiate it somehow. Seems you can still get a good pose by bending the wrist of the gauntlet up and maybe one ratchet notch on the arm.

By the way wonder if we'll be able to get a pose like this out of him. Probably not with the armour. But that double edged sword / cleaver is pretty epic.

5d90b1485ea8d64a9336fcb9a7a76fe0.jpg

b0107e6ca473e50b2e5f826f9c8f7523.jpg

Instant pre-order! This looks amazing, I originally pre-ordered the Infinity War Thanos but I decided it was just a little too bare bones for me. I'll be very happy with this Thanos though!

Yes it's a pity they couldn't do the same as they did with IW but I guess they need to differentiate it somehow. Seems you can still get a good pose by bending the wrist of the gauntlet up and maybe one ratchet notch on the arm.

By the way wonder if we'll be able to get a pose like this out of him. Probably not with the armour. But that double edged sword / cleaver is pretty epic.

5d90b1485ea8d64a9336fcb9a7a76fe0.jpg

b0107e6ca473e50b2e5f826f9c8f7523.jpg

I don't think you'll get anywhere close to that with the figure. I'd like to see what people are going to be able to do with the IW version as far as the articulation goes.

Back