1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see it now - the Endgame Thanos "Rain Fire" Edition, which will be this with one but with half of his armor removed. And it still won't come with a bent left arm. That will be the exclusive item included in the Endgame 10th anniversary Scarlet Witch figure, which will be revealed in May 2029 (with a 4th quarter 2030 release target).

So many possibilities it can have. Damaged armor, bent right arm with articulated, Snap and Fist damaged Nano Gauntlet parts, Half Destroyed Heliblade (from the Wanda fight), a BD/dirt base/ kinda like what the BD Mark 85 has, new face sculpt with the "Frightened/Oh ****" Thanos face when he realized he didn't have the Stones. Maybe also throw in a broken helmet or something too (from the Cap Battle) That would be my version of BD Thanos.

I won?t be happy unless mine has the BD broken down into this ratio:

50% damage from SW
25% damage from Cap
10% damage from Thor
10% damage from IM
5% damage from CM

I also need the damage spots to be accurately designated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? That much? :lol

81a.gif

So many possibilities it can have. Damaged armor, bent right arm with articulated, Snap and Fist damaged Nano Gauntlet parts, Half Destroyed Heliblade (from the Wanda fight), a BD/dirt base/ kinda like what the BD Mark 85 has, new face sculpt with the "Frightened/Oh ****" Thanos face when he realized he didn't have the Stones. Maybe also throw in a broken helmet or something too (from the Cap Battle) That would be my version of BD Thanos.
Man you guys put way too much faith in Hot Toys :lol:

BD Thanos is gonna be damaged armor
No Blade
No Bent Arm
Fried Nano Gauntlet (No Snap Finger)

Hell you?ll be lucky to even get a new sculpt. Slap a SDCC exclusive sticker on it with super fast turnaround and you got people buying it out of their hands.

I can see it now - the Endgame Thanos "Rain Fire" Edition, which will be this with one but with half of his armor removed. And it still won't come with a bent left arm. That will be the exclusive item included in the Endgame 10th anniversary Scarlet Witch figure, which will be revealed in May 2029 (with a 4th quarter 2030 release target).

:rotfl :rotfl

Lmao! So true! :lol :rotfl

No Blade
No Bent Arm

Hell you?ll be lucky to even get a new sculpt. Slap a SDCC exclusive sticker on it with super fast turnaround and you got people buying it out of their hands.

This. :lol

Each release contains something that the other releases don’t include.

No Blade
No Bent Arm

Well it's just what I would want XD. But the Bent arm will need to happen because of "The Pose", the Snap Finger+ Nano Gauntlet parts are already from Smart Hulk, so they can just do a bit of BD on it and throw it in. The Blade, ok maybe no blade lol. I was just comparing of how BD Mark 85 was compared to its' clean version, so that the BD Thanos could have a similar comparison.

I think Hot Toys could make a nice chunk of change selling a Thanos Accessories Kit for about $250 a pop. Obviously, the kit would come with bent arms and a nano gauntlet. Maybe a new sculpt too...

I think Hot Toys could make a nice chunk of change selling a Thanos Accessories Kit for about $250 a pop. Obviously, the kit would come with bent arms and a nano gauntlet. Maybe a new sculpt too...

That should've done that for the IW Thanos. Didn't really need a Endgame Armor version, just have an Armor accessories kit that can be attached magnetically to go over the blue shirt and boots. That's how it was in IW, he took off the armor and there was the blue shirt.

That should've done that for the IW Thanos. Didn't really need a Endgame Armor version, just have an Armor accessories kit that can be attached magnetically to go over the blue shirt and boots. That's how it was in IW, he took off the armor and there was the blue shirt.

Thats a tough one. In the movie we see him unclasp his armor on the front of his chest and in the next shot he is wifebeater thanos. Its interesting that the endgame thanos doll doesnt appear to have the shirt underneath the armor, and his pants look black instead of brown. I dont even begin to understand the armored to unarmored boots transition.

You could say he changed out of all of that in the time it took ebony maw to hand him the tesseract i guess. Its almost 2001: a space odyssey jumpcutesque :)

I could certainly see the practicality of that, but I have to disagree that would have been a good idea from an aesthetics perspective. Generally, when you have two suits in one where you basically put one suit over another suit on a figure, at least when the suit is something intricate and not just simply a vest or a cloak or something of the sort, the suit that you put over the other suit doesn’t look quite right and looks a bit awkward. It tends to look better when the figure is made specifically for that look. For instance, actual BD figures that are made specifically to look like that generally look better than figures that simply have BD interchangeable parts.

I could certainly see the practicality of that, but I have to disagree that would have been a good idea from an aesthetics perspective. Generally, when you have two suits in one where you basically put one suit over another suit on a figure, at least when the suit is something intricate and not just simply a vest or a cloak or something of the sort, the suit that you put over the other suit doesn’t look quite right and looks a bit awkward. It tends to look better when the figure is made specifically for that look. For instance, actual BD figures that are made specifically to look like that generally look better than figures that simply have BD interchangeable parts.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It's similar to trying to put a helmet over a head sculpt with hair. Candidly, I'm surprised EG Thanos looks as good as he does with the removable helmet. I guess bald really is beautiful :)

I need to rewatch the beginning of IW. When he shrugged off his armor, did that include armor over his boots? This comparison shot has me wondering if I missed the part when he sat down and changed his boots. :lol Although technically Endgame Thanos came from an earler time period, so maybe his armored boots had gotten a bit smelly by the time he showed up in IW and made Hulk his personal heavy bag.

81961683_2665523056836248_5377919381013528576_o.jpg

Thats a tough one. In the movie we see him unclasp his armor on the front of his chest and in the next shot he is wifebeater thanos. Its interesting that the endgame thanos doll doesnt appear to have the shirt underneath the armor, and his pants look black instead of brown. I dont even begin to understand the armored to unarmored boots transition.

You could say he changed out of all of that in the time it took ebony maw to hand him the tesseract i guess. Its almost 2001: a space odyssey jumpcutesque :)

After watching the IW opening scene I noticed the shirt underneath his armor is not visible or not there at all. Meanwhile in some EG scenes you can notice a black/dark blue shirt on his upper lats area. I know it's not relevant since nobody will pose their figure facing backwards but still, minus one point for accuracy nonetheless.

Screenshot (213).jpg

I need to rewatch the beginning of IW. When he shrugged off his armor, did that include armor over his boots? This comparison shot has me wondering if I missed the part when he sat down and changed his boots.

This I actually noticed in IW. They cut from him fully armored and removing two things around his neck to Ebony Maw, when it cuts back (like 2 seconds later) all of his armor is gone but he is still removing the neck/chest part. I've started noticing little armor changes between cuts, such as in EG when he fights Captain Marvel, there's no moment when his arm armor is removed, it changes between shots during the fight so he can put on the Stark gauntlet soon after.

I need to rewatch the beginning of IW. When he shrugged off his armor, did that include armor over his boots? This comparison shot has me wondering if I missed the part when he sat down and changed his boots. :lol Although technically Endgame Thanos came from an earler time period, so maybe his armored boots had gotten a bit smelly by the time he showed up in IW and made Hulk his personal heavy bag.

View attachment 475413

You didn't miss anything, it wasn't shown that he took off the armor from his boots, it wasn't really necessary for the scene, I would say it was pretty much implied as he was taking off his armor.

Back