1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone who owns this figure give me some rough measurements on his overall width and depth (when the arms are in a standard museum pose)? I only ask because I am still contemplating getting this guy, but need a proper-sized doll display case as he won't fit in any of my shelves.

approx 16 inches high without base, 17 with base. About 10 inches wide and base is 7 inches deep but this may vary if you are displaying his sword cause that can take up quite a bit of space.

Got mine yesterday. Was so reluctant as I've no big figures and was scared of the presence in the case.

Oh my Thor, he is immense. You don't get a true sense of scale untill you get him in hand.
In my head I was thinking, I'll be able to sit him down or power pose him bending a knee to fit in a standard detolf shelf. Lmao, he looked like he had constipation and he had a look....no he was genuinely staring evil laser beams at me.

Anyho, I had some shelf brackets from a while ago when I was aiming to get Ultron Hulk, lowered a shelf (my anti heroes now state evils at me instead) and Thanos stand proud and almost as the collections leader. That armour (yes U, I'm English thank you), the case lights just bounce off it so well, even though the armour seems NMM.
I only wish I had a member of the Black Order to go with him, any member would be a great fit.

Just thought I'd add a bad phone picture, something extra for people to see that may be on the fence.
776cc2ffabfd2389e5e4f13d4fbb00f9.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

JB_Hand is making a Cull Obsidian which if he's to scale, should be Juggernaut big or bigger lol
117528262_1559795290869238_2755946373984031734_o.jpg

117320519_1557853424396758_3260297158496426208_o.jpg

That Black Dwarf (Hate they changed the names to tick the woke box) is great.
I have a 3d printer and have thought of maybe looking for some busts of the Black Order.
Am hopeful for 3rd parties to continue to pick up the slack where Hot Toys leaves it.
I know unlicensed etc etc but I love companies that make a sub tier character.

Also, that Thanos is the wheat looks amazing.

approx 16 inches high without base, 17 with base. About 10 inches wide and base is 7 inches deep but this may vary if you are displaying his sword cause that can take up quite a bit of space.

Thank you! :)

I always intended to display him with just the gauntlet, so the sword won't be an issue.

In my opinion, there is a better chance for Thanos to be available for several reasons: 1) More expensive than Cap, 2) Bigger figure that requires more shelf space, 3) There is a Battle Damaged Thanos coming up while there is no other Cap coming (for now).

That being said, there are no guarantees about the future. My suggestion is to buy the figure that you prefer first then take a chance on the other one.

I thought about it for quite a while, and then I told myself? which figure do I really prefer? and that figure is Thanos. So I went ahead and ordered Thanos yesterday. I should have him in about three days. I am beyond excited about receiving this particular hot toys figure, even more so than probably any other hot toys figure that I have ever ordered in the past (and I have ordered and own plenty) but this figure is going to have such a huge massive presence, and from the many YouTube videos that I have seen of Thanos reviews, he looks so incredibly lifelike, almost like he jumped right out of the movie into our world.

Another bonus is that Thanos is going to look phenomenal displayed alongside my infinity war Thor...I can already imagine the amazing poses I can have between these two that is going to look pretty bad ass.

I made the right decision. 🙂

...As far as the end game captain America goes, if he does sell out in 2 to 3 months from now, I will still find a way to eventually own him. I always find a way. :cool:

Thanos is most definitely impressive and a commanding presence in a case. Mine cost more than I usually pay for a figure these days and made my cases non uniform now but damn, I think looking at him now I'd even have paid the extortion that is UK shop prices for him.
I got him for ?300 ISH and a shop will be ?450.

I'd say it's the right choice Vs the Cap. Could argue Cal has many versions out and that the Endgame one may linger a bit longer due to it, like some Iron Man figures at times, oversaturation.
But then I struggle to gauge a figures want level and the possibility of it becoming overpriced all the time. Sucks and makes it even worse of the indecision side of it all.

Often I have waited on a figure to only see it jump in price or sold a figure cheap only for it to nearly double in price soon after.

Be great if the manufacturers doubled or more the release stocks to remove some resellers.

I thought about it for quite a while, and then I told myself? which figure do I really prefer? and that figure is Thanos. So I went ahead and ordered Thanos yesterday. I should have him in about three days. I am beyond excited about receiving this particular hot toys figure, even more so than probably any other hot toys figure that I have ever ordered in the past (and I have ordered and own plenty) but this figure is going to have such a huge massive presence, and from the many YouTube videos that I have seen of Thanos reviews, he looks so incredibly lifelike, almost like he jumped right out of the movie into our world.

Another bonus is that Thanos is going to look phenomenal displayed alongside my infinity war Thor...I can already imagine the amazing poses I can have between these two that is going to look pretty bad ass.

I made the right decision. ��

...As far as the end game captain America goes, if he does sell out in 2 to 3 months from now, I will still find a way to eventually own him. I always find a way. :cool:

I am glad that you are happy with your decision. Whenever I buy a figure because I like it, there is a higher probability that it stays in my collection. But when I buy a figure because I think it is popular and will hold its value (even if I'm only a casual fan), I tend to sell the figure when I need space in my collection because I don't need it. At the end of the day, you are the one who will be looking at your collection most often. So buying what you want is a great decision. :)

My one arrived last week & nothing prepared me for what an absolute beast of a figure he is...he is massive & looks amazing

Some pics of mine...

IMG202008111826527cee049c044d7648.jpg

IMG2020081118314448120de94872a286.jpg

IMG202008111833353d0ed0ad5e758fcc.jpg

IMG20200811183338182a859a4fbae0ad.jpg

IMG202008111834113a6b25fa0ef841d9.jpg

And just to show how massive he is here's a terrible shot with my IW Thor & Captain Marvel

IMG_20200811_1904281d87a79047ef8b2f.jpg

Amazing figure

Neil

My one arrived last week & nothing prepared me for what an absolute beast of a figure he is...he is massive & looks amazing

Some pics of mine...

And just to show how massive he is here's a terrible shot with my IW Thor & Captain Marvel

IMG_20200811_1904281d87a79047ef8b2f.jpg

Amazing figure

Neil

Nice pics! I have Black Widow standing next to Thanos, which really shows how massive he is!

Amazing figure

Neil

I will be receiving mine in just 2 more days. 😎

I must say that The level of excitement that I am feeling towards receiving this particular hot toys figure is slightly higher than it has been for any other hot toys figure I have ordered and received in the past. I needed a Thanos in my hot toys collection, and INO this armored version compared to the infinity war version is far more impressive. I realize that they now have a battle damage version up for pre-order, I have no doubt that one is going to look phenomenal, for some reason I have always preferred clean Versions when it comes to figures as the weathering effects from the paint applications work perfectly not needing battle damage. I say this, but at the same time I have both versions of the mark 85, but I doubt I will pre-order the battle damaged Thanos. I am sure if it is that important to me, that I could probably find a separate nano gauntlet off of eBay (assuming it will work with the clean version) if I ever choose to display Thanos with the endgame BD mark 85 in order to create one heck of an amazing scene.

Congratulations on your recent acquired artistry.

Nice pics! I have Black Widow standing next to Thanos, which really shows how massive he is!

Thanks buddy, yeah seeing him next to Captain Marvel just highlights the size, he is an absolute beast of a figure.
Worth every penny :)

I will be receiving mine in just 2 more days. ��

I must say that The level of excitement that I am feeling towards receiving this particular hot toys figure is slightly higher than it has been for any other hot toys figure I have ordered and received in the past. I needed a Thanos in my hot toys collection, and INO this armored version compared to the infinity war version is far more impressive. I realize that they now have a battle damage version up for pre-order, I have no doubt that one is going to look phenomenal, for some reason I have always preferred clean Versions when it comes to figures as the weathering effects from the paint applications work perfectly not needing battle damage. I say this, but at the same time I have both versions of the mark 85, but I doubt I will pre-order the battle damaged Thanos. I am sure if it is that important to me, that I could probably find a separate nano gauntlet off of eBay (assuming it will work with the clean version) if I ever choose to display Thanos with the endgame BD mark 85 in order to create one heck of an amazing scene.

Congratulations on your recent acquired artistry.

Thank you :)
I was so excited when he shipped, I was checking the tracking every few hours lol

This to me is the ultimate Thanos, ever since the first glimpse of him back at the end of the first Avengers I wanted him in the his armour but the first release didn't really wow me so I was happy to wait & I'm SO glad I did

I totally agree on the IW figure...he felt more like "Casual Friday" Thanos than the Mad Titan ;) lol

I was in 2 minds whether to hold off & get the BD one as I really love that one too & the addition of the Nano Gauntlet is great.
I think if I start saving now then I might be able to justify him as well ;)
That said if not then I'll keep an eye on Ebay & like you see if I can get one parted out from the BD version

I would really love to get an Iron Man to go with my small Avengers collection but the price of the Diecast figures is just so much & not sure I can fully justify one
Then I'm not sure if I prefer the Clean Mk 85 or the Battle damaged one
Both look amazing

Thanks again for the comments & I hope you're as happy with yours as I am with mine :)

Neil

This to me is the ultimate Thanos, ever since the first glimpse of him back at the end of the first Avengers I wanted him in the his armour but the first release didn't really wow me so I was happy to wait & I'm SO glad I did
I felt the same way. I have the original Infinity Gauntlet run from my peak comic days, so Thanos has always been a favorite of mine, and this just seemed like the ultimate representation of him to me. He'll definitely be the centerpiece of my collection when I have my display built.

Its crazy that this figure is only $294 on toyswonderland, but unfortunately with their cheapest shipping it comes to roughly $374 so that ruins it. Then theirs toysbuyingagent that has him for $335 with free shipping! Both beat sideshows $450 total with shipping. I just find it weird with the pricing of this guy all over the place. I went the sideshow route when I got him a while ago, but almost tempted to buy another to make a battle damaged one for cheap considering.

Its crazy that this figure is only $294 on toyswonderland, but unfortunately with their cheapest shipping it comes to roughly $374 so that ruins it. Then theirs toysbuyingagent that has him for $335 with free shipping! Both beat sideshows $450 total with shipping. I just find it weird with the pricing of this guy all over the place. I went the sideshow route when I got him a while ago, but almost tempted to buy another to make a battle damaged one for cheap considering.

Who cares how much prices vary. Just buy the cheapest with all costs considered to have the figure at your door.

I use ToysBuyingAgent all the time. No brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Who cares how much prices vary. Just buy the cheapest with all costs considered to have the figure at your door.

I use ToysBuyingAgent all the time. No brainer as far as I'm concerned.

I just found out about TBA and I must say his prices are quite intriguing. I imagine he hasn't been around for too long. I might just try him out. Have you had many orders with him? Also, I'm thinking about waiting for the figure to be in stock before ordering but I'm worried about the price going up once that happens. Does the price of a pre-order figure change once it gets in-stock usually?

Back