1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dread it, run from it...destiny still arrives all the same.

Glad I held off through this rewards event. Took Grimace down an extra $57 bucks. Plus the pins are a nice touch for what they are.
f6d3fd4e6d5533378e704b126f945093.jpg

Except I don't understand why it costs them $5 to ship it when they can throw it the same box and a couple pins are not going to change the weight lol, so they should just say what it is. $5 pin with purchase. Looks like a lot of people are not making a run at Thanos. There are more people saying they got him or the usual that I love, which one should I get. Just bugs me as none of us can compare it to something that has not come out. BTW, don't know if you have recieved him yet but be sure to always hold onto him around his waist, lay him on something soft, or have him snapped into this harness when changing things out besides his helmet. I had him around the leg and he is very top-heavy. So the thing went back and would have been fine but the back-top of his head hit a glass candle holder that is about as tall as him. It is my Son's so I saw something and tried to play it of like nothing was wrong, lol. He told his Mom later that it put a scuff on the head as I had looked at the glass and saw a light streak of paint. He was acting kind of down after it happened since this was his BD present that he has been waiting for 1.5 years. His BD was in Feb and then Dad did that too the head. The one down side of hand painted. I mean, it was really just friction on the glass as he was going down. The last one he has way less weight obviously on top so I was use to helping him with the hands etc. I just started laying him on a towel when changing something for him. But I just got another one for myself and he will have a perfect new head. Enjoy it. It is for sure a big upgrade. Just wish they could have done a unique base with this one like they are doing with the BD version.

Thanks for the pointers, @mkeith8. I just put him in the detolf.

Color me genuinely unimpressed. This is NOT a $400+ figure in any way. In no universe does this command the same cost structure as an intricate Iron Man. This isn't a Yondu in terms of likeness or paint apps, it just....is. A lot of this feels very....deluxe-toy like. The gold armor has great detailing but the black areas are just very plasticy looking in comparison. The IG finger articulation is lame as can be, I'd rather them have just sculpted a dynamic hand at this point. And I know it's been said, but the absence of the bent elbow is an utter joke. For what I paid after my discounts, it's alright. There's a part of me that considered returning him for a second and putting that money towards his dimensional cousin Cable, but I know I'd regret that. All in all, this feels like a maybe $299 figure at best, and in a world of relative comparisons, this one is just a bad deal at retail. I can't imagine the casual Thanos is any better than this all things considered either.

Thanks for the pointers, @mkeith8. I just put him in the detolf.

Color me genuinely unimpressed. This is NOT a $400+ figure in any way. In no universe does this command the same cost structure as an intricate Iron Man. This isn't a Yondu in terms of likeness or paint apps, it just....is. A lot of this feels very....deluxe-toy like. The gold armor has great detailing but the black areas are just very plasticy looking in comparison. The IG finger articulation is lame as can be, I'd rather them have just sculpted a dynamic hand at this point. And I know it's been said, but the absence of the bent elbow is an utter joke. For what I paid after my discounts, it's alright. There's a part of me that considered returning him for a second and putting that money towards his dimensional cousin Cable, but I know I'd regret that. All in all, this feels like a maybe $299 figure at best, and in a world of relative comparisons, this one is just a bad deal at retail. I can't imagine the casual Thanos is any better than this all things considered either.

Well look at it this way. The Hulk back in 2012 retailed for $300. He only came with 2 extra hands. Now take into account Hot Toys inflation, 2 heads, light up gauntlet, more accessories like helmet, sword and stand etc. The price of this Thanos is just about right. I also recall the Terminator DX was about $315 a while back, and that was a smaller figure.

Hi, I'd like to know are there any issues with thanos arms? Sadly I have a few (whitening of rubber), they were located at both elbows, biceps with armor. 😞
Any recommendations to fix and maintain this issue (It is my first time to have rubber)

Thank you in advanced and stay safe guys.

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like to know are there any issues with thanos arms? Sadly I have a few (whitening of rubber), they were located at both elbows, biceps with armor. ��
Any recommendations to fix and maintain this issue (It is my first time to have rubber)

Thank you in advanced and stay safe guys.

Mind posting a picture to show us what you mean?

...This is NOT a $400+ figure in any way. In no universe does this command the same cost structure as an intricate Iron Man....

It probably is, but I feel that the intricate Iron Man figures are also overpriced. I dont think its limited to this Thanos figure. I think some of the pricing takes into account how completionistic collectors are.

Well look at it this way. The Hulk back in 2012 retailed for $300. He only came with 2 extra hands. Now take into account Hot Toys inflation, 2 heads, light up gauntlet, more accessories like helmet, sword and stand etc. The price of this Thanos is just about right. I also recall the Terminator DX was about $315 a while back, and that was a smaller figure.

But the thing with the Hulk is there is a massive presence to him. I even with fewer accessories, he still has heft to him. I realize that the paints, especially the metalwork raises the cost of business on Thanos, but again, die cast Iron Men. I conversely would say the DX13 is a good value for $315 considering the T-1000 piece, complex paint work, numerous tiny accessories, extensive delicate molds for the robotic parts etc.

At $415, the smaller GotG Thanos met the same criticism back in 2016 (and he came with a throne). I can’t imagine there are many more oversized MCU characters left to capitalize on the Thanos tax.

I'll say this was an improvement on that, which was incredibly toy like. I only wish they'd have adopted the jointed arms from that here.

It probably is, but I feel that the intricate Iron Man figures are also overpriced. I dont think its limited to this Thanos figure. I think some of the pricing takes into account how completionistic collectors are.

Sure, the IM figs are definitely pushing an unreasonable price. All of this stuff is at a point where it's hitting a ceiling. BUT, if we're speaking in the realm of what we have, the sheer amount of tooling for however many hundreds of little parts and panels, assembly, construction, paint detail, lighted wiring etc...putting that up against Thanos makes me reevaluate the figure quite a bit.

@baconharvester
This were the issues I've got for this figure ��

How can I maintain/fix this issues

https://imgur.com/gallery/NTza47A

Yeah that's the arm band. I'd just make sure to not twist the arm band in place on the arm. I slid mine up where they were in the box after removing the protective sheet and stopped when there was little resistance. The plastic has shaped itself to the bicep from being in the box for sure, so there's likely an "ideal" spot for it to rest on the bicep. That's how I fit mine. If I were you, i'd get it where I want it and just never touch it again.

Also a caution on the inifinity gauntlet: paint scrapes easily. Watch it as you rotate the hand and make sure it's clear of the vambrace.

All that to be said, he's growing on me day 2. I have my Lifx lights breathing through hues of blue, purple, pink, and green and it makes him look like when he attacks Thor and the Asgardians. The armor pops pretty good that way.

The dx13 was released 7+ years ago, before even the first diecast iron man which was $309. Prices have gone up significantly since then. All of these things are overpriced. That would be a $420+ figure today. You can't tell me Whiplash is worth $285 and all the new regular size figures in the $260-$270 range with single headsculpt and more simplistic design, but this is only a $299 figure when it has the extra head sculpt and light up gauntlet. The larger figures have always costed significantly more than their regular sized counterparts. Look at endgame hulk at $375. Smaller, much less detail, one headsculpt and still $375. Venompool is $405. QS Spiderman is $560, slightly taller and much less heft.

re: Iron Man, should that really be double the price of something like the Threea Bumblebee movie Optimus, if we want to use the same logic?

We might also not be taking into consideration how much SSC is marking up these figures. Maybe they have increased their markup over wholesale an extra few percent even if HT has not increased their price to SSC. I just pre-ordered a couple figures from Timewalker and was surprised to see that on top of having cheaper and faster shipping, they knock off an extra $10 from SSC's price.

Yeah, there's definitely a significant sideshow markup. This figure was around $350 I believe from HK resellers.

Just got him from BBTS. So is his entire hip/legs suppose to be so loose and wiggly? Should I even bother getting a replacement or are they all like this?

They are all like that. It's part of the design.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bit of a shame since it feels like it's almost broken but it's nothing deal breaking.

Regardless, I got him all set up and he's a beast of a figure. Towers over all my other 1/6 figures. Just waiting on End Game Cap and BD Mark 85 to have them together as a End Game display.

50193196377_5c60e8df12_k_d.jpg

Yeah, there's definitely a significant sideshow markup. This figure was around $350 I believe from HK resellers.

Yes, people underestimate the Sideshow mark up. Makes very little sense ordering from them anymore given the mark up, plus rip off shipping. When it costs me the same to get it a month or two early from HK sellers, no incentive to order from Sideshow.

Back