Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Er, yeah they have, every iron man and lighted DX base has included batteries

Ironman Mark IV - No batteries
Ironman Mark II AU - No batteries
DX01 - No batteries
DX08 - No batteries
DX09 - No batteries

Dunno where you get your figures but none of those came with batteries for me!!

I didn't pre-order this figure at first just because of all of the many visible joints. I'd rather buy a statue of Jake but there aren't any so I forced myself to like this figure despite the visible joints. I don't think it's stupid at all, some people like their figures to resemble the actual characters. But then again it's not so bad. Perseus is the only figure I have with visible joints and it doesn't look that bad in-hand compared to photos of it.

DX01 - No batteries
DX08 - No batteries
DX09 - No batteries

My Mark IV came with batteries...

DX01 - No batteries
DX08 - No batteries
DX09 - No batteries

Strange, for me...

DX01 - With Batteries
Ironman MK 2 - With Batteries
Ironman MK 4 - With Batteries
Ironman MK 5 - With Batteries
Ironman MK 6 - With Batteries
War Machine - With Batteries
T-600 - With Batteries
Classic Predator - With Batteries

Most of those from Sideshow

I didn't pre-order this figure at first just because of all of the many visible joints. I'd rather buy a statue of Jake but there aren't any so I forced myself to like this figure despite the visible joints. I don't think it's stupid at all, some people like their figures to resemble the actual characters. But then again it's not so bad. Perseus is the only figure I have with visible joints and it doesn't look that bad in-hand compared to photos of it.

I get it, but... figure = joints

and for now they need to be visible, as rubber is the only alternative and that restricts articulation and degrades.

Hot Toys have changed their way of handling joints a great deal for better aesthetic with these muscular type bodies, look at Wolverine and Jake, and Hawkeye, much better looking than the standard TT, but they restrict articluation enough right now, anything further and it's gonna make them un-posable, which will ruin the hobby.

People buy figures to pose them and buy statues to display them in a static pose. The two should remain seperate IMO.

Last edited:
Strange, for me...

DX01 - With Batteries
Ironman MK 2 - With Batteries
Ironman MK 4 - With Batteries
Ironman MK 5 - With Batteries
Ironman MK 6 - With Batteries
War Machine - With Batteries
T-600 - With Batteries
Classic Predator - With Batteries

Most of those from Sideshow

Just to clarify I'm talking about batteries for the base only, obviously my Ironman figures and the classic predator came with batteries inside the figure for the LEDS :)

Just to clarify I'm talking about batteries for the base only, obviously my Ironman figures and the classic predator came with batteries inside the figure for the LEDS :)

Okay then, for every figure with a lighted base i have bought, they have included batteries, thats including the iron man HOA bases from sideshow.

I get it, but... figure = joints

and for now they need to be visible, as rubber is the only alternative and that restricts articulation and degrades.

Hot Toys have changed their way of handling joints a great deal for better aesthetic with these muscular type bodies, look at Wolverine and Jake, and Hawkeye, much better looking than the standard TT, but they restrict articluation enough right now, anything further and it's gonna make them un-posable, which will ruin the hobby.

People buy figures to pose them and buy statues to display them in a static pose. The two should remain seperate IMO.

Yeah I agree with you. It's a good thing that most visible joints are hidden behind clothes and accessories on most figures. And personally I see these figures as "statues" that are meant for display that you can give different poses. The only difference is that these collectibles gets labeled toy, doll or figure because of the articulation.

Yeah I agree with you. It's a good thing that most visible joints are hidden behind clothes and accessories on most figures. And personally I see these figures as "statues" that are meant for display that you can give different poses. The only difference is that these collectibles gets labeled toy, doll or figure because of the articulation.

Yeah, i don't class them as toys either, i'd clasify them more as posable figurines. Not articulated statues as statues to me don't wear clothes :lol

None of the bases come with AAA batteries installed BNIB.

Mine have :rolleyes:

Yeah, i don't class them as toys either, i'd clasify them more as posable figurines. Not articulated statues as statues to me don't wear clothes :lol

Some statues do have actual fabric clothes on them. Some statues even have some form of articulation. I don't know what word should be used, posable figures or statues... but collectibles for display is what they are to me.

Some statues do have actual fabric clothes on them. Some statues even have some form of articulation. I don't know what word should be used, posable figures or statues... But collectibles for display is what they are to me.

In agreement on that, :hi5:

Though when i firsr got Superman i couldn't resist whooshing him around the room in a flying pose humming the famous theme :lol

In agreement on that, :hi5:

Though when i firsr got Superman i couldn't resist whooshing him around the room in a flying pose humming the famous theme :lol

I was wearing my Super Man Under-roos while leaping from the chair to the bed and around the room...:)

Back