Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Artist Collection: SAMURAI PREDATOR (Sixth Scale Figure)

FYI Maglor: Both of my posts you quoted and responded to were about the color choice for the Aliens on the base. NOT about the actual Predator figure itself (which your responses seemed focused on). I personally don't have a problem with the whole Samurai motif for the Pred.

Not a fan of the stylized face design though.

But yeah.. my posts were about the fruity, skittles-inspired paint job for the Aliens which BTW seems to be an Asia-centric thing since that's the only region with artists pumping out that kind of product (Narin has made numerous states of Preds/Aliens with fruity color schemes as well).

Yeah, I realize I was somewhat misapplying your post to make a point about the figure itself. Which his why I included the last part:

Exactly right. The only difference is that a HULK with yellow polka dots is objectively retarded. The Samurai on the other hand are (almost) universally loved. I would think that's especially true in the Asian community.

I think this will be a popular figure.

I don't have much to say about the Alien color. It's just the base/accessory after all, but I do think the color looks cool.

:peace

Re: Hot Toys - Artist Collection: SAMURAI PREDATOR (Sixth Scale Figure)

“Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue. Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid.”
- Jules Feiffer

but you're right, i agree with you. skittle spattered xenos....what were they thinking?? i blame those pony bronies...

this must be a trend.
MLP_predator.jpg

:lol

I like the pink tie on the head and belt touch... :lol

Maybe because of Hot Toys Superman, but now it came to my mind a Superman Predator :p . How about a Bat Predator? :p :rotfl

I think it looks bloody amazing!! ..I would get it but I'd be only buying it because it looks cool and I can't afford to do that anymore.

I for one like the horse teeth, same design worked well for bahamut in advent children.

Bahamut-Tremor-roar.png

^^ The horse teeth is the thing that I most dislike :( . And it also looks a bit like he has a beard :| . I think the best positive stuff on it is the base and the detail.

I'm curious to see how this will turn out to be, not just the actual production figure, but in terms of sales and future value as well.

All the details right down to the base are incredible. They really pulled this off. That said, not much reason to own it other than for the level of execution on HT's part, and maybe to go with Machiko if you have her.

All the details right down to the base are incredible. They really pulled this off. That said, not much reason to own it other than for the level of execution on HT's part, and maybe to go with Machiko if you have her.

I definitely recommend Machiko, it's an absolutely awesome (and beautiful) figure! :chillpill: But some accessories are a pain to "assemble", patience is recommended :p .

Re: Hong Kong Ani-Com 2011: Hot Toys SAMURAI PREDATOR (Collectible Statue)

some ppl just have to force their "IMO" in other ppl throats. HT is selling them & ppl will buy them
~ Deal with it.

I hope the dreads are bendable. The base and the alien colors look great as well.
Interesting point, as they look the same in every picture (especially the first one on the right shoulder).

Pre-oredered it & there went my money for 3A Rex.

I don't like this at all. The style is very cartoon/comic book like (namely the bulgy stomach muscles and head), which would put it completely out of place with any other Hot Toys figure. Also, I suspect the outrageous price is nothing more than Hot Toys' testing the waters to see how much the fan base will actually pay. If it sells well we'll be paying $360 a piece for all Predator figures in another year.

We should all hope Hot Toys sells about two of these.

some ppl just have to force their "IMO" in other ppl throats. HT is selling them & ppl will buy them
~ Deal with it.

Interesting point, as they look the same in every picture (especially the first one on the right shoulder).

Pre-oredered it & there went my money for 3A Rex.

Yes, that is what I noticed myself. I won't mind if they are not as long as it does not restrict the range of motion on the head. And now the jaw can be opened and closed. Too cool to pass up for me.

I cant believe this price, while it is a sick piece, love the detail, I jsut feel that there are much better values for your money. Of course the die hard pred/alien fans this is a must, but if you had to ask me between this, Iron Monger and DX Luke, I'd go for those 2 before purchasing this. I'm glad that this holds no interest for me, itll make passing on it much easier :yess:

387491_10150438683632277_339494332276_8231183_361657923_n.jpg

Another HT self art create again,Saw this on somewhere,Dunno is it real or PS thats im not gonna open new thread before make sure......

However,the head is totally a bash from the P2 elder.:slap

I'm curious though, why IS it called a "Movie Masterpiece"?

Because that's the only "Predator" license HT has. Same reason Machiko was released as a "AVP Movie Masterpiece" figure even though that character isn't in that movie either.

387491_10150438683632277_339494332276_8231183_361657923_n.jpg

Another HT self art create again,Saw this on somewhere,Dunno is it real or PS thats im not gonna open new thread before make sure......

However,the head is totally a bash from the P2 elder.:slap

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Go here: LINK

It will all be explained. :wave

I don't like this at all. The style is very cartoon/comic book like (namely the bulgy stomach muscles and head), which would put it completely out of place with any other Hot Toys figure. Also, I suspect the outrageous price is nothing more than Hot Toys' testing the waters to see how much the fan base will actually pay. If it sells well we'll be paying $360 a piece for all Predator figures in another year.

We should all hope Hot Toys sells about two of these.

:goodpost::exactly:

I agree that the price is a market sensing exercise. If this sells well at $360 each, this will set the new benchmark for future HT Predator pieces to be upwards of at least $300.

Back