Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new to the forum but been collecting for years.

Just picked up a preorder tumbler for $363 shipped and contemplating the batpod for $222 shipped!

Please let me in on this deal. I'm sure I can scrape up enough for the batpod at that price. Then they all will be mine. MINE I SAY!!! :emperor

He's talking about the live.com cashback deal for BIN items on ebay. It's been mentioned multiple times even in this thread. It can be a good deal, but I didn't want to do it because you have to pay in advance for something you may not get until January. If they decide to stiff you, you will have no recourse with Paypal after that amount of time.

Oh, didn't realise that. I knew about the live.com thing already. If it were an instant rebate, I would have pulled the trigger already. Thanks

Last edited:
OK so some advice needed! Urgently.

I ordered the Tumbler from Toys2 back in June 07 when my currency converter estimated I'd be paying 430Euros...which was expensive enough as it was....fast forward to October 23rd 2008 and now my currency converter says I'll be paying 525Euros!! Toys2 don't charge my card until its ready to ship..which won't be till march 2009!! This thing is going to get more and more expensive no? What do I do? I really want it but I already thought 430euros was pushing it!

Last edited:
OK so some advice needed! Urgently.

I ordered the Tumbler from Toys2 back in June 07 when my currency converter estimated I'd be paying 430Euros...which was expensive enough as it was....fast forward to October 23rd 2008 and now my currency converter says I'll be paying 525Euros!! Toys2 don't charge my card until its ready to ship..which won't be till march 2009!! This thing is going to get more and more expensive no? What do I do? I really want it but I already thought 430euros was pushing it!

Damn man thats quite expensive. I hope for your sake the prices go back to normal for you upon release next year...Toys2 are reliable sellers so no worries there. However that price is silly.
Think you have to make the decision to stick or cancel...problem is they have a 10% cancellation charge...
I went with goodshipped on ebay back in June...paid £250.00

If possible, next time I'd pay Toys2 with PayPal. That's what I did when I pre-ordered my vehicles. Even though the price was steep, for me, it's better to pay up front and not have to constantly remember to leave a certain amount open on my card. Plus, once you're paid, it doesn't matter if the currency conversion rates change between the time you order and the time it ships. (Which, depending on which way it fluctuates, may be a good or bad thing for you.)

I've decided to stick, provided Toys2 are willing to charge my credit card now rather than 3-4 months down the line when it'll probably be close to if not over 600euros for me if things carry on like they are now. As it happens they're doing this for me with the batpod - as I put Batpod and TDK batman in one order they couldn't charge for them seperately when I asked them to send my TDK bats (should have that next week). So I'm hopeful they'll be willing to charge now. Just its gonna be a huge bill. I do have the cash on hand I just don't like parting with so much in one go. I guess I will in this case.

As to the currency conversion rate fluctuation - yep - currently its going bad. And I'm a pessimist, I expect it to continue going bad. Its been a very sobering week watching my preorders rise in price...I've also got 6 basic Hot toys figures on preorder with toys2 all of which stand to rise, plus 2 from sideshow, all with various release dates that allow for further unfavourable currency fluctuations. Maybe you're right about paypal.

I've decided to stick, provided Toys2 are willing to charge my credit card now rather than 3-4 months down the line when it'll probably be close to if not over 600euros for me if things carry on like they are now. As it happens they're doing this for me with the batpod - as I put Batpod and TDK batman in one order they couldn't charge for them seperately when I asked them to send my TDK bats (should have that next week). So I'm hopeful they'll be willing to charge now. Just its gonna be a huge bill. I do have the cash on hand I just don't like parting with so much in one go. I guess I will in this case.

As to the currency conversion rate fluctuation - yep - currently its going bad. And I'm a pessimist, I expect it to continue going bad. Its been a very sobering week watching my preorders rise in price...I've also got 6 basic Hot toys figures on preorder with toys2 all of which stand to rise, plus 2 from sideshow, all with various release dates that allow for further unfavourable currency fluctuations. Maybe you're right about paypal.

I'm curious, why did you go the importing route for these two big suckers, plus you're going to have a hefty import tax bill for those... over and above what you have already paid from toys2.

Plus the fact is, it has been delayed to March or so, it would have been no better waiting on it over here.

Here are the latest Hot Toys product release dates. And I guess I'm wrong about Two-Face coming sooner....looks like he will indeed be March - May :monkey2. Glad the tumbler is coming later though. And hopefully BR Joker will be available in Nov.

Series (系列) Products (產品) Shipment (出貨)
The Dark Knight Batman (The Dark Knight ver.) Mid OCT, 2008
The Dark Knight The Joker (Bank Robber ver.) NOV, 2008 to JAN, 2009

The Dark Knight Bat-pod DEC, 2008 to JAN, 2009
Iron Man MARK 3 DEC, 2008 to JAN, 2009
Iron Man MARK 2 JAN 2009, to MARCH, 2009

The Dark Knight Batmobile MARCH, 2009 to MAY, 2009

Add-on at least another month because the Hot Toys flagship gets it for one month to do the rounds before all the other etailors.

https://www.forbiddenplanet.com/pro...es/Vehicle/DC/Batman_Dark_Knight/Product.html

https://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_5883&products_id=46378

Last edited:
I've decided to stick, provided Toys2 are willing to charge my credit card now rather than 3-4 months down the line when it'll probably be close to if not over 600euros for me if things carry on like they are now.

The conversion rates are seriously crap. Anyways, you could try emailing Toys2 and seeing if they still charge for cancellations, if you give them plenty of notice. I can see that they would still charge when the shipping date is close, but they may allow you to cancel without a charge. It doesn't hurt to ask.

To be honest I'm guilty of kneejerk reactions whenever something new and exciting comes up - saw it at toys2 - toys2 is what I was used to, having bought figures from them before - I ordered.

Also I've lost faith in forbidden planet. A) they seem to get everything last and B) they never came through for me on my Predator 2 Elder despite my legitimate preorder with them. Can't help but think if I cancelled with toys2 and ordered with FP they'd screw up, forget my order or something and I'd never get it.

Out of curiosity I just put the Tumbler in my FP cart and the item itself would appear to cost less if I order with them but it doesn't give any shipping estimate.

I'm waiting on an official explantion from toys2 because I order too the DK Bats and The Batpod together, but called right after to seperate the orders so that when DK bats comes out first I could have him shipped then whenever the Batpod comes out later I could save some money for that and they said they will do that, but I just got an email that My order for both was shipped and I check my bank account and the whole ordered was charged!!!! I'm still don't believe they have the Batpod yet, I thought the shipping date for that was pushed to next year??? We'll see.

The delay in the release of the Tumbler and Batpod is most disappointing. The only bright side to it is that I currently do not have much items shipping between Jan and Apr 09.

To be honest I'm guilty of kneejerk reactions whenever something new and exciting comes up - saw it at toys2 - toys2 is what I was used to, having bought figures from them before - I ordered.

I quite agree, however it was the huge price that put me off getting it imported. Not only that, I looked at toys2 before but the cancellation fee really put me off pre-ordering with them.

When I got The Batman Begins imported from America, it was $174.99. Then it was another £30 for import fees. Over and above the $4x I paid for their shipping. I can only assume over here, every $100 it's another £30 for import tax. It could be a little more now with the credit crunch or so and all the things going on here now. I don't know for sure. It was the start of August when I received that.

You could be paying a total of £130 for import fees when the tumbler and/or bat-pod arrives, since its $389.99/$239.99 from Toys2.

Also I've lost faith in forbidden planet. A) they seem to get everything last and B) they never came through for me on my Predator 2 Elder despite my legitimate preorder with them. Can't help but think if I cancelled with toys2 and ordered with FP they'd screw up, forget my order or something and I'd never get it.

Which one? .com or .co.uk? forbiddenplanet.com came through really fast for my DCD Joker, that was so hard to get a hold of. It's them I currently have the vehicles pre-ordered with. At least the price wont go up or down while its pre-ordered, plus if I want I could cancel and not be charged. They may get it later, but I personally would rather not pay extortionate prices for shipping/import fees because of the price/size of it as well as to maybe get it quicker abroad. The boxes will be so big. The Tumbler box will be at least 32 - 35 inches long plus the Bat-Pod might be 30 inches long for it's box, give or take. These things all add up into the UK's import fees. The UK seriously sucks at times. Taxed to our eyeballs with everything. :/

Out of curiosity I just put the Tumbler in my FP cart and the item itself would appear to cost less if I order with them but it doesn't give any shipping estimate.

Well they wouldn't really know for sure because the Hot Toys supplied dates is just a guesstimate.

Look at toys2, they say January the tumbler will be in. Hot Toys says between March and May 09.

I'm waiting on an official explantion from toys2 because I order too the DK Bats and The Batpod together, but called right after to seperate the orders so that when DK bats comes out first I could have him shipped then whenever the Batpod comes out later I could save some money for that and they said they will do that, but I just got an email that My order for both was shipped and I check my bank account and the whole ordered was charged!!!! I'm still don't believe they have the Batpod yet, I thought the shipping date for that was pushed to next year??? We'll see.

They told me they can't seperate 1 order into 2, so if I wanted the TDK Batman now they would have to also charge for the Batpod. You still won't have the Batpod till what, December or January.

vodoun said:
I quite agree, however it was the huge price that put me off getting it imported. Not only that, I looked at toys2 before but the cancellation fee really put me off pre-ordering with them.

When I got The Batman Begins imported from America, it was $174.99. Then it was another £30 for import fees. Over and above the $4x I paid for their shipping. I can only assume over here, every $100 it's another £30 for import tax. It could be a little more now with the credit crunch or so and all the things going on here now. I don't know for sure. It was the start of August when I received that.

You could be paying a total of £130 for import fees when the tumbler and/or bat-pod arrives, since its $389.99/$239.99 from Toys2.

Which one? .com or .co.uk? forbiddenplanet.com came through really fast for my DCD Joker, that was so hard to get a hold of. It's them I currently have the vehicles pre-ordered with. At least the price wont go up or down while its pre-ordered, plus if I want I could cancel and not be charged. They may get it later, but I personally would rather not pay extortionate prices for shipping/import fees because of the price/size of it as well as to maybe get it quicker abroad. The boxes will be so big. The Tumbler box will be at least 32 - 35 inches long plus the Bat-Pod might be 30 inches long for it's box, give or take. These things all add up into the UK's import fees. The UK seriously sucks at times. Taxed to our eyeballs with everything. :/

Well they wouldn't really know for sure because the Hot Toys supplied dates is just a guesstimate.

Look at toys2, they say January the tumbler will be in. Hot Toys says between March and May 09.

Thanks for the responses. As to which forbidden planet...I actually never thought to differentiate between .co.uk and .com but I was using .co.uk. Twas they who failed to deliver on my P2 Elder predator preorder. They said I'm still on their list but theres no way they're going to be able to get that figure now.

When I mentioned that the shopping cart didn't provide a shipping estimate I actually meant the cost rather than the 'when'. So I can't really ascertain how much ordering the tumbler from forbidden planet would cost even before possible customs (which thusfar I've only been caught out for with smaller orders from BBTS and the rather terrible and thieving Toyglobe.com). The base cost for the tumbler itself still ends up over 400euro for me. So I'm not sure if it would be worth my while cancelling my order with Toys2 and paying their fee only to find that ordering through forbidden planet would amount to the same cost anyway...and getting it later.

Question though, when you talk about import tax - are you talking about ones own country's customs, that you pay to the postman on delivery? Totally seperate from Toys2's own shipping charge? Its just that, somehow I've never been caught out by customs with any of my toys2 orders. I guess its certainly conceivable I won't get away with it on something as big as the Tumbler.

edit: Sorry never mind that last question, reread your post, you are indeed talking about customs.

Last edited:
Question though, when you talk about import tax - are you talking about ones own country's customs, that you pay to the postman on delivery? Totally seperate from Toys2's own shipping charge? Its just that, somehow I've never been caught out by customs with any of my toys2 orders. I guess its certainly conceivable I won't get away with it on something as big as the Tumbler.

edit: Sorry never mind that last question, reread your post, you are indeed talking about customs.

Yeah, UK's customs. Parcelforce held it for two days before sending me a letter, that I had to pay upfront before it was to be delivered.

Damn, play.com lists the Tumbler end of May, almost for June. :eek:

Have you guys ever used play.com?
I've used them plenty and never had a problem, they have the Tumbler for £379 (free shipping)-
https://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/6109490/Batman-The-Dark-Knight-29-Batmobile/Product.html
And the Batpod for £249- https://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/6109480/-/Product.html?searchstring=batpod&searchsource=0

Play.com have a good range of merchandise at least equal to Forbidden Planet however, neary £400.00 for the tumbler is ridiculous...

forbiddenplanet.com had the Tumbler at £259 a month or two back for 3 weeks or so, wish I had ordered it that time at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back