Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I got half a dozen cans of compressed air waiting for this moment :lol
Thank god for this mod!!!!
:borg:

I see you want to switch on me? :D who can blame you. This is such a beauty!!

Hahaha Yeah. I had to. Do you not see this?!?! I only have 3 concerns though.

1.) Where did he get the floor piece for the case. That's not the one that came with the coffee table.

2.) Will it be hard to attach the new piece to the legs? Are there holes where you can attach it to?

-and-

3.) How can I raise the display so it's somewhat eye level? With a display that gorgeous I don't want you to have to look down on it.

I got the Tumbler from a fellow board member a few weeks ago... sadly it arrived in a few more pieces than one :lol

Luckily it all seems repairable and I should be getting a bit of money back from UPS as it was damaged in transit.

Glad to help Geil or anyone who will try this. Not easy to explain this in English, but I will try my best. :)

In Norway Acryl is far more expensive than glass :cuckoo: …I found out, but it will work nice either way.
But don’t make the side panels too thin. :lecture
The original bottom is easy to move, the corner is just a “hook” or a peg that goes into holes/slides in the legs of the table.
A handy neighbour made some new holes in the table legs for me so I could lover it very easy.
The legs are made of square tubes, so if you want to make the table higher, you can always put smaller tubes inside it to make it higher,
but I like it as it is. I also drilled two holes in one of the legs for the light cables.
I got the alu face panel for the floor piece at a local Decoration company (not sure it’s the right word for it).
I cut out the corners to fit the square table legs and laid it just on the old table floor.
Make sure you cut the floor panel as wide so you have space to but the side panels on it.

Good luck guys :wink1: can’t wait to see pictures of your set-up. :yess:

Thanks for the details. Actually normal glass sheets are cheaper than acrylic here
But in this application one really has to get tempered glass and that I found out is a lot more $$ than any acrylic. I will be using 8mm acrylic for the aide panels based on your feedback and likely painted MDF or base as I will use my shingle to make an asphalt like surface. If I don't like it I can always get a thin sheet of black acrylic to lay onto of the MDF oraybe even mirror though that may be a but tacky ;)

8mm acryl for the side panels will definitely do the job. :wink1:

Yea, I was thinking about different type of surface, but ended up with a colour similar to the table. :)

Actually I was thinking of using shingle too, and I really think that will be cool. :yess:

I still have half a roll left so this is what it looks like in my old setup with the roll of shingle ;)
shingle2.jpg

also with the MDF base I could go as far as creating a 8mm grove so the sidepanels will slide in and lock down. hmm if I use this technic maybe I can get away with thinner and hence cheaper acrylic again :)

I still have half a roll left so this is what it looks like in my old setup with the roll of shingle ;)

also with the MDF base I could go as far as creating a 8mm grove so the sidepanels will slide in and lock down. hmm if I use this technic maybe I can get away with thinner and hence cheaper acrylic again :)

I like the way it look with the shingle Jeff. :clap

…and if you make a grove as you pointed out, you definitely can use 5mm side panels :) …good idea. :lecture

anyone know where i can get a tumbler from besides ebay? i've advertised in the want to buy section but no luck so far

Hi freaks.. !!! its been a long time.. without any one .. uploading new pictures.. or set up´s of the tumbler.. or Bat-pod!!!! come... it doesnt make any sence.. without some pictures..??

I have a Bat-Pod I'm wanting to sell, its been displayed for a couple of months and is locked away in its packaging and the orginal shipping box... What is a fair price to ask... +$100USD for shipping from Australia?

Is $630 including shipping a fair price?

How much does the Hot Toys Tumbler command now? I may sell it depending what it goes for.. not because I want to. It's just too damn big and I don't know if it's practical to have in my collection. Right now I have zero room.

$450-500 shipped looks fair for the Tumbler. One sitting on teh bay with a $500 BIN. I don't think I could sell my. Hope HT makes a '89 version to go with it.

As for the Bat Pod, $630 is way to much. Maybe $300.

How much does the Hot Toys Tumbler command now? I may sell it depending what it goes for.. not because I want to. It's just too damn big and I don't know if it's practical to have in my collection. Right now I have zero room.

I will give you $300 and an autographed picture of myself. :wave

I just finished my batpod.
Made in Zbrush 4 and rendered in Modo
Modo render:
22131680.jpg

Zbrush renders:
kelw.jpg

That looks cool.
Is that using Zbrush 4.0 with the new hard surface modeling? How is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back