Hot Toys: 1/6 scale Iron man mark III constructible version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't they just package with a Tony in a suit or something? They've made so many Iron Men, and we still don't have a Tony Stark in a tux.
I dont know how they could charge $265 for just tony in a tux, well I take that back I COULD see that, but wouldnt pay for it when there are so many ways to achieve the same look far cheaper.

If this was a tony building mark 1 in a cave diorama then I could go for that.

With all these cheap (for them) reissues, I hope this means they'll take more risks and do more obscure characters.

I dont know how they could charge $265 for just tony in a tux, well I take that back I COULD see that, but wouldnt pay for it when there are so many ways to achieve the same look far cheaper.

A great likeness with a very well tailored suit and some relevant extras would be a fine ~220$ fig. Prices have gone up so it's useless to look back to the old days. If someone collects only armoured/costumed characters than I understand how they'd see a 200$ guy in a suit as a waste, but I've spent 250 euros for my Doctors (from Doctor Who), and have a Patrick Bateman on PO for the same cash, so I'm willing to spend 200 for a Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne and such characters. It just seems weird to me that after all the Iron Men and the Variants, they haven't put out a simple Tony figure.

With all these cheap (for them) reissues, I hope this means they'll take more risks and do more obscure characters.
Haha, yeah, Future Fight Elsa Bloodstone coming right up... We'll just keep getting the Big Guns and their reuses for more easy dough. I've stopped expecting full rosters and completed teams. It's all up in the air.

I mean they made a deluxe Batman Returns figure that included a Bruce Wayne in a tux along with the Batman figure, so it's not like there's no precedent for it. Then there were the 3 different version of the TDK armory...2 of which came with guys in suits.

I guess they have done a few iron man tony figures without the armor but that was a long time ago and not in a tux, just clothes he wore under the armor.
I mean they made a deluxe Batman Returns figure that included a Bruce Wayne in a tux along with the Batman figure, so it's not like there's no precedent for it. Then there were the 3 different version of the TDK armory...2 of which came with guys in suits.
Yes but not a Bruce Wayne in a tux by itself, which is what i got from darthkostis' post

darthkostis said:
Can't they just package with a Tony in a suit or something? They've made so many Iron Men, and we still don't have a Tony Stark in a tux.

The other difference was that was the first Michael Keaton head sculpt, there have been dozens of RDJ at this point. So I dont know how a Tony Stark figure in clothes by itself would make sense when hot toys usually wants 350+ for armored IM with RDJ heads.

Looking at Hot Toy's release/announcement list for Iron Man related figures, since August of 2018 they have announced 20 figures and 13 are a complete repaint or reissue, not counting Iron Strange.

Here we go again…

E39F7E25-4854-4658-B3A1-3918B90A547D.gif

This thread has had like 3 posts since 2015. I mean was anyone talking or wanting this thing at all? There's only been 2 sold in the last 90 days on eBay.

Back