Hot Toys: 1/6 scale Iron man mark III constructible version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this has been mentioned but this is wait listed.

I might have second thought about tearing this up to make a custom.........................oh who am I kidding, I take a Dremel to it the day it arrives :)

A few days ago it was available and I went to order it along with the Tony Stark (Arc Reactor Creation) and by the time I finished ordering Stark the MkIII construction version was waitlisted. So I got on the waitlist and it converted a few days later and I was sent an email that they found one for me. But then I looked at the page again just to look at pictures and it also showed up as back in stock.

Anyway, mines on the way, and I am glad its still available now if other people want to get one.

I'm still waiting on mine to get here, but measuring the shelf I was planning to display this on I am only at 14 and 1/2 inches and I think I need like 17 inches of height to display it as is. I have seen others on this thread not use the rod that connects the top and the base together and instead attach the top of the piece the armor hangs from to the bottom of the shelf above; BUT has anyone tried to replace the rod with a shorter rod or a dowel? Any reason that wouldn't that work to make it shorter?

You can use another rod, but you have to model it to get that shape:

a2d657322d5714de4db0f49ca44a77e1.jpg

It's the reason why I don't suggest you to cut the stock one, because you will lose the narrow edge. Also consider that the rod is metal, not plastic, so you can't cut it and glue the parts together.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I am abandoning the idea of trying to find or make a shorter rod, so I was wondering if anyone else have come up with a way to hang this from the bottom of a shelf rather than use the rod? I don't have a detolf but the wooden shelf I would prefer to put this on only has 14 1'2 inches of clearance. I am thinking about putting some small screws under the shelf and using some wire to "tie" the top plate the figure hangs from up there.

One dab of hot glue will hold it

Or

You could use a single high strength command strip

I am abandoning the idea of trying to find or make a shorter rod, so I was wondering if anyone else have come up with a way to hang this from the bottom of a shelf rather than use the rod? I don't have a detolf but the wooden shelf I would prefer to put this on only has 14 1'2 inches of clearance. I am thinking about putting some small screws under the shelf and using some wire to "tie" the top plate the figure hangs from up there.

My custom version hanging from a remote controlled working overhead hoist which I made by shredding the original Mark 3 and transplanting the electronics package into my Hybrid Bones/Mark 42.

What adapter works with this? Can you get it on Amazon?

I assume you're referring to the original base?

I'm not positive but the normal jack size for the bases is 3.5mm x 1.1mm. All of them run off of 3 batteries so you need a 4.5vdc unit and you can find them on ebay for a couple dollars shipped.

Yeah, the original base, sorry about that. I see that its a 4.5v but I am afraid to get the wrong connector part.

Back