Hot Toys: 1/6 scale Iron man mark III constructible version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nuh! Not without modding or taking one out. Else you and I have different detolfs :/

U just need wire rope clips. They act like the cross bar. Let u move the shelf to any height. Cost like 25cents each. Look like this

image.jpg
image.jpg

Just noticed that the right forearm is bigger than the eventual completed left forearm, looks bad. Don't know if I should keep this or cancel.

Hehe, but I can't compete with his photos - he does amazing stuff. :) Maybe he's still suffering from aftermath of chinese new years eve. :lol

Here 2 photos which give you an impression of the height - its about 2 inches higher than the usual detolf shelf space:

detolf.jpg

detolf2.jpg

Great pics Xeno as always. :clap

Would it be too difficult to modify the chain (to shorten it) holding the armor to help squeeze it into a Detolf?

To fit in a detolf just cut the plastic support pole shorter... and trim the chains to compensate for the dropped 'ceiling'.

Xeno could you advise the base plate dimensions please?

@myfeetarehappy: The base plate is the usual size of a DX base, and the top ceiling plate exactly the same.

@Dingobuzz269: That's actually a good idea and would work. The rod is really just there to get enough spacing and have the ceiling stand in free space. You could glue or attach the ceiling piece to a detolf top and have the torso hang from there. I might try this out when i get home.

@myfeetarehappy: here the exact dimensions. You were right its not the same for ceiling and dx base.

DX base (front looking): 15.40 cm x 15.80 cm , or in inches: 6.06 " x 6.2"

Ceiling (front looking): 12.10 cm x 11.50 cm , or in inches: 4.52 " x 6.2"

The fact that it can't fit into a detolf is a disappointing deal breaker for me :(

Xeno, in your review, you indicated you had to put the set together. I would assume then, that one would be able to attach the top part to the bottom of the shelf above (somehow) and disregard the black support rod entirely? Since the body is hanging from the metal chains, no support would be lost to the figure itself... You'd just be knocking out a couple unnecessary inches.

Here we go - this works like a charm. That was a good input Dingobuzz269. I mounted it with some bluetack. Just a bit of risk that the piece could fall...I'll double check this in the next hours. The blue tack is visible on the photos, of course I'll cover it then up completely.

detolf5.jpg

detolf4.jpg

detolf3.jpg

Has anyone received shipping notice from sideshow yet? I see this was bumped up to be released this month. :panic: lol thought that I'd have a hot toy break this month

Back