Hot Toys 1:6 Justice League Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't give a flippin s*** about RT- anyone who does I have no comment on:lol

I think RT has gotten too influential as of late. Most of the reviews I read leading up to the release were pretty positive, but then the tide suddenly turned on Wednesday. After the RT score hit, there seemed to be a lot of piling on. That typically happens because once reviewers see a trend they tend to want to follow the crowd. I also think some of these guys write reviews without even seeing the film in question, but just crib info from everyone else. That's why once a score breaks one way or another it's almost impossible to turn the tide. I don't believe there's any kind of a conspiracy, but rather it's the nature of how the system works. One thing I do find interesting is that the movie has a pretty high audience score of 85%. Which is pretty much in line with most recent superhero movies -- Thor Ragnarok (89%), Spider-Man Homecoming (88%), GotG (88%), Dr. Strange (86%).

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:rotfl better just watch Batman Begins again- ahhh for the days when the Nolan Bats ruled the world.................

Funny.. I rewatched the whole trilogy a couple weeks ago, and my feelings on Bale completely changed. Batfleck is a much better Bruce/Batman. Nolan movies are still amazing, but Bale pales in comparison to the new Bats.. imho. (I mean, he even admitted it himself he could've been better..)

We can continue our civil conversation here- not bothering to go over to the movie thread and lower myself to a bunch of sniveling whiners:lol

As I've mentioned before, I ventured into that section once to actually have a discussion about AoU, I think it was. Quickly found out that the vibe there is if you're not here to be in a 24/7 perpetual rage about how utterly ****** the film was and how it's ruined your life, then gtfo.

So I gladly gtfo and never went back.

I'm genuinely mind blown going to the movies thread.
I agree with you guys, it's like a place For a bunch of same ol dudes to ***** and whine and throw in a lot of memes about the movie.
Kinda sad sometimes.

This is me everytime I want to see what everyone thinks of the movie at the movie thread. :lurking

But they still rated it rotten while other movies with similar issues they rate fresh. It's pleasing the crowds that go but the box office is looking terrible right now, less than 300m world wide. It might make less than SS at this rate.

I think a lot of people who didn't like BvS decided they'd only see the movie if it got decent reviews. Once they saw that rotten rating it was over.

Normally, there's a huge drop on the 2nd week of showing, but with thanksgiving next weekend, and with good word of mouth, I still have a good feeling though that JL will do well next weekend and will have stronger legs than BvS.

This movie does not have to make avenge rs money. That not something I think we will see again the frequency and the number of comic book movies is what is driving the numbers down.

The best part of JL is That it introduced new characters that are not available in the marvel line . So long as DC carves a niche for themselves they will be fine. WW was new and hence it made money I doubt comic book movies will be has profitable as the past the saturation of the product is canablinzing the genre and unless each product offering is unique then all the brand's will fade in to blandness

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

As a crowd pleaser, I think JL works. As a quality film, I think it leaves much to be desired,and that's where the low RT score comes in

And at the end of the day, shouldn't that heavily factor in its RT rating, especially since the vast majority of CBM are crowd pleasers.
Even if the quality of the film is somewhat lacking, I don't believe that JL should be teetering in the 30s and 40s while other films
with similar issues are in the 80s. I believe such disparity is meant to send a message.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now that you mention it, I seem to vaguely recall Cyborg mentioning that as well. I'll have to keep an ear open when I see it again.

I'm genuinely mind blown going to the movies thread.
I agree with you guys, it's like a place For a bunch of same ol dudes to ***** and whine and throw in a lot of memes about the movie.
Kinda sad sometimes.
This is me everytime I want to see what everyone thinks of the movie at the movie thread. :lurking

Normally, there's a huge drop on the 2nd week of showing, but with thanksgiving next weekend, and with good word of mouth, I still have a good feeling though that JL will do well next weekend and will have stronger legs than BvS.

It's pretty much this when you visit the film section:

giphy.gif

And yeah, I suspect this film might benefit from the upcoming holiday week. Outside of this forum, everyone I've spoken to has said they liked it.

Looks like it was Whedon's idea to inject the old school scores into the film.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...an-hates-reboots-scrap-classic-themes-1059632

Whedon turned Elfman loose on the Justice League score, asking only that he add humanity, warmth and some fan payoffs, including restoring his original theme from 1989's Batman into the Dark Knight's mythos, as well as bringing in John Williams' classic Superman theme.

"I twisted it and my Batman theme … the DNA is there, but the themes aren’t necessarily obvious in the film. Except for one specific moment in the final battle," says Elfman. "Joss said, ‘Let’s do it [Batman’s theme] on the nose. Fans love this kind of stuff.’"

But he also loves continuity of sound in a franchise:

"I told the guys at DC, 'You have a great musical heritage that you should be proud of, and you should keep it alive.' And they agreed with me, which is refreshing."

I liked it , it was like a real life justice league cartoon

That's a good point. If you remember the first episode of Justice League cartoon, it was also more about getting the team together, and kicking some lame aliens off the planet. Not like an epic two-parter with Darkseid or even Granny.

I really liked the opening scene with batman, ppure awesome. Just like the cartoon movie about darkseid. Hope this don't ruin the chance to see him later on

I went this morning again to see the film and this time the theater was packed. First time I saw it was on Saturday morning and there were people, but not like today. I think people having the entire week off from work might help this gain some steam at the box office. Applause again at the end of the film and when Supes returned for the end fight, as well as lots of laughs.

I went this morning again to see the film and this time the theater was packed. First time I saw it was on Saturday morning and there were people, but not like today. I think people having the entire week off from work might help this gain some steam at the box office. Applause again at the end of the film and when Supes returned for the end fight, as well as lots of laughs.

Packed on a Monday morning...I assume it's a public holiday over there?

Thanksgiving this Thursday. A lot of people take the entire week off though. Same with the week before Christmas and then between New Year's.

Of course, forgot about that. We don't have that here...just black Friday. :lol

Hopefully word of mouth is taking over.

For anyone who's seen the movie:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back