Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is looking to cancel their preorder. I will be more than happy to buy your preorder from you, including attendance only version! I am depserate for this version, but I dont have the 300+ for it on ebay

A strange thing to do to be honest to buy something if you never liked if you weren't looking for movie accuracy when it's a figure modeled on the movie.

I can't work that one out.

Voudon what is your problem. I post my comments, not being critical of anyone and you burn me. :banghead

Fact: I like this figure better than the coloured version.
Fact: I think the red on the coloured version is too maroon - I prefer bright red - as in the comics.
Fact: I like this figure because it looks freakn cool and it DOESN'T concern me how accurate it is to the movie. I have bought figures before just because they look sweet, rather than based on accuracy.

You can have your own concerns or issues with this figure but don't flame me. I like to read other peoples thoughts and comments on figures, even if they are different to my own, but to personally criticise people is not what this place is about.

Enough talk, more awesomeness:

3732320611_328f14f9be_o.jpg

3732321121_cab2939723_o.jpg

3733119974_715db7a28e_o.jpg

So apparently, there's in fact a difference, between the silly thing version, and the sideshow ones, where the silly thing ones, have a "silly thing" on the base, and the sideshow ones (and I'm assuming the rest of tokyo toy fair etc), have "iron man" on the base.

Which ones would you guys pick up? I'm leaning towards the "silly thing" ones, as its more limited, I'm guessing. And after all, it is a version made for that particular company.

Voudon what is your problem. I post my comments, not being critical of anyone and you burn me. :banghead

Fact: I like this figure better than the coloured version.
Fact: I think the red on the coloured version is too maroon - I prefer bright red - as in the comics.
Fact: I like this figure because it looks freakn cool and it DOESN'T concern me how accurate it is to the movie. I have bought figures before just because they look sweet, rather than based on accuracy.

It's not my fault you're so sensitive and taking things super super personal to something that you brought up and it's hardly burning you. I just can't work out why some people do such silly things that they would have bought something they don't like. Regarding Mark 3.

I just cannot get over how some people are so sensitive here these days. Like yourself and end up throwing hissy fits.

You can have your own concerns or issues with this figure but don't flame me.

I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. I'm happy other people are enjoying this figure. I'm not even one bit criticizing this grey figure as I have no interest to it. The only time I ever commented on this version was near the start which was regarding what this has to do with the movie. That I then found out regarding "Silly Thing". As did a few others and that was the end of it. There was no flaming, criticizing or burning people as you put it.

I like to read other peoples thoughts and comments on figures, even if they are different to my own, but to personally criticise people is not what this place is about.

Are you sure about that? from what I've read from the majority of time from most people on here, not all, it's what they do best.

Besides I wasn't even criticizing you. I was simply asking trying to work out why somebody buys something they know about and does not like.

As you knew or should have known from all the posts before in the other thread it was maroon. You could see it from peoples photos that bought it in Hong Kong. It wasn't as if it was a secrecy thing.

Anyway, moving on to the gunmetal grey figure incase more toys get thrown out of the pram. :)

So apparently, there's in fact a difference, between the silly thing version, and the sideshow ones, where the silly thing ones, have a "silly thing" on the base, and the sideshow ones (and I'm assuming the rest of tokyo toy fair etc), have "iron man" on the base.

Which ones would you guys pick up? I'm leaning towards the "silly thing" ones, as its more limited, I'm guessing. And after all, it is a version made for that particular company.

Screw it, its just a stand!

Here's hoping us Flexers get our shipping notices TODAY! I wants my Gunmetal...

AND YAY! Spidey is coming to Hot Toys!

WOW, the photos that Eddy put up look GREAT! Glad I got in on one of these. I think it's going to look really cool to have the MARK II, MARK III and Gunmetal Grey Iron Man figures all lined up since they're all the same (similar) shape.

As much as I love the displays I'm seeing with the MARK I with MARK II and III as well, I feel that the MARK I is more of a 'standalone' piece and I plan on displaying that one on some sort of desert/rock like environment base. :rock

ordered me one from ebay cause i am on waitlist and it still didn't convert

do you guys think it is still possible that my waitlist converts?

Back