1/6 Hot Toys - 1/6 - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXII - Hot Rod ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ogre-nerds.gif

Bacause IP is a repainted WM Mk.2 with a new chest plate (& AIM software).... Rhodey could have requested a customized upgrade to the chest plated which included extra-bits to the chest RT/ArcReactor.

Just means the new chest plate is an upgrade rather than a decor.

So if there wasn't a Star Chest Plate on the War Machine Mark 2, why would there be one on it's prototype which was Hot Rod?

So if there wasn't a Star Chest Plate on the War Machine Mark 2, why would there be one on it's prototype which was Hot Rod?

I think technically speaking there is no War Machine mark II..., it's just Iron Patriot & that's what Hot Rod is based on, not War Machine.

You do know Hot Rod came before Iron Patriot right?

Boba's point is why in the world would Tony put a star on the prototype Hot Rod in the first place, and then take it off for the real WM MK. II?

The easy answer is tony had the star in the prototype(hotrod)then he built war machine mark 2 without the star for Rhodes.he did use that armor for a while,if the chest got damaged he could have went back to tony for a replacement,maybe tony didn't have time to make another and gave him the prototype chest plate from hotrod.then later when he couldn't sleep and would tinker he made a replacemeant for hotrod which would have had the star.problem solved continuity fixed,all is right at marvel again.

The easy answer is tony had the star in the prototype(hotrod)then he built war machine mark 2 without the star for Rhodes.he did use that armor for a while,if the chest got damaged he could have went back to tony for a replacement,maybe tony didn't have time to make another and gave him the prototype chest plate from hotrod.then later when he couldn't sleep and would tinker he made a replacemeant for hotrod which would have had the star.problem solved continuity fixed,all is right at marvel again.

Works for me :goodpost:

My take on this based on the movie is that the wm mark 2 was built before patriot and hot rod. It was briefly referenced by Joan rivers (in movie interview and talk show) that patriot was clearly a paint job based on the war machine. To add to that tony and rhodes joked about it while eating watching tv about the name change. Not sure if this is fact but it was mentioned that after iron man 2 the original war machine was stripped of Aim weaponry thus the mark 2. But the govt. deemed war machine (name) as not patriotic so after a few "tinkers" and paint job we have the iron patriot. Hot rod imo is probably a proto of wm mark 2 made either while upgrading the old wm or while changing the mark 2 to patriot. If that makes any sense. Again, I have no facts besides movie ref to the patriot armor and the iron man movie manual

Works for me too, sounds good anyway. :)

My take on this based on the movie is that the wm mark 2 was built before patriot and hot rod.......

According to all reference material the succession was

Hot Rod - Prototype for War Machine Mark 2

War Machine Mark 2 - existed for a while and was in a prequel comic

Iron Patriot - War Machine Mark 2 refit performed by AIM at the behest of the US Military

Tony didn't know about the refit and he thought it was a bit overboard so he could not have been involved with it

This is why it makes no sense for Hot Rod to have the Star Chest Plate that AIM created for IP

Well for me at least, I don't really care about the star being on the armour or not..., it's a great looking suit & has a pretty decent paint job, I'm just looking forward to owning it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back