1/6 Hot Toys - 1/6 - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXII - Hot Rod ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although you're not technically wrong since they are essentially the same figure, it's got the star on the chest so it would be a repaint of Iron Patriot.

That being said... I must own this!

Thanks for pointing that out, I must own it too. :)

I hope it's the lighting that making the blue color look gray, otherwise that's not right

I think it looks fantastic.I particularly like the Silver accents around the knees.

Although you're not technically wrong since they are essentially the same figure, it's got the star on the chest so it would be a repaint of Iron Patriot.

That being said... I must own this!

So did Hot Rod in the movie have the star on its chest?

EDIT: Nevermind. Simple google search shows that it did. I never realized that before today.

How is that a continuity flaw? In the movie it's a prototype of Iron Patriot.

dont get him started :lol

its kind of a flaw because Tony didnt design IP, the Gov't did (and tony's WM he made for rhodey never had it) so technically it doesnt match up, but no one really cares

dont get him started :lol

its kind of a flaw because Tony didnt design IP, the Gov't did (and tony's WM he made for rhodey never had it) so technically it doesnt match up, but no one really cares

I never thought of that. I just assumed Tony made all of them. Since it was never officially explained I'll just stick with that.

How is that a continuity flaw? In the movie it's a prototype of Iron Patriot.

Hot Rod is the prototype of War Machine Mark 2.

The Star Chest Plate was added by AIM when they refit War Machine M2 and created Iron Patriot, which Tony didn't seem to know about.

So how could a prototype have the star chest plate????

I'm not the only one this bugs, Username and others feel the same way so I'm in good company.

I never thought of that. I just assumed Tony made all of them. Since it was never officially explained I'll just stick with that.

Tony would have created (milling CNC) a new chest plate for IP and Hot Rod.... AIM only altered the software...

That's incorrect, because Tony didn't know anything about the re-fit AIM did.

But even if it was correct, why would Tony have a Star Chest Plate on the prototype (Hot Rod) and a plain chest plate on War Machine Mark 2?

I know it's silly to be bothered by such a simple mistake but it just bugs me.

I'm one of the guys bugged by it, I like having things in continuity. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but it does irk me

e47d843a2dcbd781ab20aaf652d6e5e0.jpg

Perfect pose for this figure, I love it

sold

That's incorrect, because Tony didn't know anything about the re-fit AIM did.

But even if it was correct, why would Tony have a Star Chest Plate on the prototype (Hot Rod) and a plain chest plate on War Machine Mark 2?

I know it's silly to be bothered by such a simple mistake but it just bugs me.

Bacause IP is a repainted WM Mk.2 with a new chest plate (& AIM software).... Rhodey could have requested a customized upgrade to the chest plated which included extra-bits to the chest RT/ArcReactor.

Just means the new chest plate is an upgrade rather than a decor.

Bacause IP is a repainted WM Mk.2 with a new chest plate (& AIM software).... Rhodey could have requested a customized upgrade to the chest plated which included extra-bits to the chest RT/ArcReactor.

Just means the new chest plate is an upgrade rather than a decor.

You do know Hot Rod came before Iron Patriot right?

Boba's point is why in the world would Tony put a star on the prototype Hot Rod in the first place, and then take it off for the real WM MK. II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back