Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HL.jpg

Really nice figure. I hope they do a Bespin one.

Luckily, mine is spot free and direct from SSC. Now to get her home and on the shelf!

Received this yesterday and I must say I'm a little more on the fence than I thought I'd be.

Really gorgeous if simple figure overall, and the paint/detail on the head is superb/stunning (better than pics as some have said) but I was struck by the fact that the likeness is a noticeable notch less than the ANH Leia (which itself wasn't a perfect 10/10.) The face doesn't quite seem round enough - like CF on a serious diet. The features are there, and the hair sculpt is amazing (if too darkly painted, though that's standard for HT,) but it does have a lean, narrower look that throws it off.

The outfit is truly awesome (beautifully realistic) but the boots do have a slight "toy" feel - maybe the choice of the shiny pleather with no weathering. I know most prefer pleather for boots and it feels more "high-end figure" but I always feel like really well sculpted/painted plastic looks more realistic. There's just not much subtlety in the pleather - not many fine creases or slight variation in fabric to "sell" real boots, hence the clean plasticky toy look. They're still very well made and maybe all they need is a subtle weathering to up the realism.

Pretty disappointed with the accuracy on the accessories, even if they have clean, detailed sculpts that have amazing paint (esp. the metallic paint - looks like real metal.) All of them are quite noticeably inaccurate if put side-by-side with the onscreen props - welder, breather mask and blaster. The HT blaster is super glossy for some reason and the handle is enormous (with a large and inaccurate lump at the end of the handle) while the overall blaster is too short, making it look more square overall versus rectangular as it should be.

The gloved hands (which are 3/4's of the hands) are fine but not great sculpts - the pistol grip hand doesn't hold the blaster very well and they have that slightly skinny/odd look the HT ANH Vader hands had. Hands like the HT Snowie look like real gloved hands hit with a shrink ray - these look like slightly above average toy hands. They are also really glossy and plastic looking - would have been great to have had them a bit more matte.

Are people removing that plastic on the inner neck? I assume it's there to stop staining on the neck, or collar? The issue is it's somewhat visible and it just looks like what it is - plastic sheeting taped to the neck - not some kind of inner garment that covers her neck.

But hey - no spots!!:yess:

Yeah I'm still feeling pretty underwhelmed by most of the in hand pics so far, sad to say. Mostly because of those really vacant looking eyes. But hopefully my opinion will change once I receive it...

Are people removing that plastic on the inner neck? I assume it's there to stop staining on the neck, or collar? The issue is it's somewhat visible and it just looks like what it is - plastic sheeting taped to the neck - not some kind of inner garment that covers her neck.

Did remove that plastic protection as i did with Jyn before. To me, it's mostly to prevent stains during transport. Not meant to remain on the figure while on display.

Is this a "get it cheaper on ebay" figure?

Other than the issue with the minor paint issue on mine, I was really impressed with it. It’s beautifully done all around, in my opinion. I collect mostly female figures, and she is probably the best likeness I’ve gotten yet, and to me looks a bit more “alive” than the ANH one, which I also have. But that’s just my opinion.

No spots on my Leia’s outfit either, which I got from SSC. They’re replacing the headsculpt on mine because of the flaky black streaks beneath her eye, but to me it’s a great figure and worth the cost.

Got mine from SSC and thankfully no spots! Really great looking figure. Here’s a couple shots for now:

61e46a2e3020d254f4778a1ee055ca06.jpg

db5d5d1143ce0f4e002d32f8a5c16953.jpg

I've got this on order at BBTS, anyone know how much longer they usually start shipping after Sideshow?

I'm in the same boat, at least a few weeks if not a month I think. That's about how long it was between getting Life size Groot in after seeing people get him from SS.

Received this yesterday and I must say I'm a little more on the fence than I thought I'd be.

Really gorgeous if simple figure overall, and the paint/detail on the head is superb/stunning (better than pics as some have said) but I was struck by the fact that the likeness is a noticeable notch less than the ANH Leia (which itself wasn't a perfect 10/10.) The face doesn't quite seem round enough - like CF on a serious diet. The features are there, and the hair sculpt is amazing (if too darkly painted, though that's standard for HT,) but it does have a lean, narrower look that throws it off.

The outfit is truly awesome (beautifully realistic) but the boots do have a slight "toy" feel - maybe the choice of the shiny pleather with no weathering. I know most prefer pleather for boots and it feels more "high-end figure" but I always feel like really well sculpted/painted plastic looks more realistic. There's just not much subtlety in the pleather - not many fine creases or slight variation in fabric to "sell" real boots, hence the clean plasticky toy look. They're still very well made and maybe all they need is a subtle weathering to up the realism.

Pretty disappointed with the accuracy on the accessories, even if they have clean, detailed sculpts that have amazing paint (esp. the metallic paint - looks like real metal.) All of them are quite noticeably inaccurate if put side-by-side with the onscreen props - welder, breather mask and blaster. The HT blaster is super glossy for some reason and the handle is enormous (with a large and inaccurate lump at the end of the handle) while the overall blaster is too short, making it look more square overall versus rectangular as it should be.

The gloved hands (which are 3/4's of the hands) are fine but not great sculpts - the pistol grip hand doesn't hold the blaster very well and they have that slightly skinny/odd look the HT ANH Vader hands had. Hands like the HT Snowie look like real gloved hands hit with a shrink ray - these look like slightly above average toy hands. They are also really glossy and plastic looking - would have been great to have had them a bit more matte.

Good review Talibane and this is what kind of worries me about the figure. I have one on preorder and I thought the prototype was incredible but the final product looks just off enough where I'm beginning to think about cancelling her and maybe using that money to finish paying off my Starlord early or start paying on one of my other preorders(Anakin/jedi Luke/Spider-man./Black Panther).

Back