Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m probably just being a perfectionist. I appreciate the feedback.
I see it too, a few black marks under the eye. If you aren't happy, just ask for a new HS. Then you get to destroy that one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah I see the little mark under her eye. It's not something you can just scrape off with your fingernail? It appears like something on the surface and not within the layers of sealing spray they've put on the head...

I tried scraping it off with my pinky nail and even grabbed a q-tip. In person it looks like some of her lash paint got under the eye, or they missed a spot with the flesh tone. I shot an email to Sideshow to see if I could potentially get a new headaculpt. It’ll just make me feel better, I think.

Yep. I think they’re pricing themselves right out of the market at this point. BBTS $4 shipping was a tipping point. My comment was just that I recently had a figure delivered from Australia for less than SS’s shipping rate within the US, and that at then end of the day, even the reward points barely allow you to gain ground if at all when so many other retailers will ship for half or less.

It’s really a head scratcher when you consider that any HT seller within the US has to make their deal with SS before they can go out and undercut their shipping so severely, yet they do! I guess retailers have direct control over their shipping choices and pricing outside their arrangement with SS.

Well I guess it must be working for all parties somehow or else SS would make changes. But speaking personally, SS is a rare choice for me at this point.

Yep. I had to part with inflated shipping some time ago. The old $20 coupon basically pays for shipping... that was if they still gave that out monthly.

For instance, Tarkin is $17.83 shipping... and will travel about 17 miles.

They're high, huh? :lol

Been that way for many years.

Yep. I think they’re pricing themselves right out of the market at this point. BBTS $4 shipping was a tipping point. My comment was just that I recently had a figure delivered from Australia for less than SS’s shipping rate within the US, and that at the end of the day, even the reward points barely allow you to gain ground if at all when so many other retailers will ship for half or less.

It’s really a head scratcher when you consider that any HT seller within the US has to make their deal with SS before they can go out and undercut their shipping so severely, yet they do! I guess retailers have direct control over their shipping choices and pricing outside their arrangement with SS.

Well I guess it must be working for all parties somehow or else SS would make changes. But speaking personally, SS is a rare choice for me at this point.

Wait, so you were the reason the site got knocked offline for 2 days?? ;)

LOL! Could be!!

I see it too, a few black marks under the eye. If you aren't happy, just ask for a new HS. Then you get to destroy that one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I ended up sending an email to Sideshow seeing if I could get a new HS. I think it’ll just drive me nuts. It’s a lot more noticeable in person.

Yeah even if I didn't have the extra CA tax to contend with, I probably wouldn't want to use SS much anyway. I guess the fact they're so much more well known, and can ship their figures out a week or so earlier, is what makes them a popular option for people and able to charge the prices they do.

I assumed the increased cost of shipping was to cover the RP program.

I’m sure that’s true, Pix. But cheaper shipping is a single transaction based win. SS’s model keeps you coming back, and then there’s the rush you get when you can finally get a $220 figure for $85 or so.

I guess it’s all your preference as a buyer, and there’s no right or wrong IF it all breaks even in the end. For me, I’ll take the small incremental wins most of the time because there’s no certainty that SS’s long game will actually save you money down the road.

Last edited:
They do ship fast, in my case, one day... so there's that. Plus they do have great customer service. But I pay for it in CA and living so close to them.

My figures are $20+ more than anyone's out of state. Then another $18 shipping. I can save that $40 by buying on ebay. Often times I can save another $20 easy in the first few months too.

Hey, just unboxed my Hoth Leia from Sideshow shipped direct from HK. Luckily no polka dot issues to deal with.

One question though. As I was checking out the articulation, the right forearm near the top of the elbow actually separated from the rest of the upper arm!I felt the peg under the clothing, so was able to reinsert it. There's a seam that I can feel under the suit around that area that is not on the left arm.

Is that normal? Is the underlying body one that has a swap out lower right arm?! I cant remember the first Rey figure having that, so is this something weird, or just a reused body somehow?

Did you post before the board went down? Some posts were lost as a result of that.

It was just before things went down, so not sure when the last back up was completed, but I’d MUCH rather go with that theory than Mods not liking the message and censoring the discussion. I’m certainly not the first person to bring this up. So I’m going with the former!

Thanks for that reminder...

Looks like the body has a seam there, but mine may have a crack as it is very loose. Any movement dislodges the lower arm. The suit also seems to have a tear in the sleeve too. Damn, going to have to contact Sideshow! Other than that, the figure was perfect, with no polka dot issues and the head sculpt looks great!

Looks like the body has a seam there, but mine may have a crack as it is very loose. Any movement dislodges the lower arm. The suit also seems to have a tear in the sleeve too. Damn, going to have to contact Sideshow! Other than that, the figure was perfect, with no polka dot issues and the head sculpt looks great!

OMG. Who was making this figure... a drunk monkey??? :monkey3

I ended up sending an email to Sideshow seeing if I could get a new HS. I think it’ll just drive me nuts. It’s a lot more noticeable in person.

Glad you went ahead and contacted SS. It's always worth a shot even if sometimes they don't come through. Never hurts to ask.

Yeah, I would contact SS. Like I said above, never hurts to ask.

WRT the shipping, my shipping cost has been pretty much the same for the past year or so--$20. Leia was the same.

Back