Hot Toys 1/6 figure Fifth Brother | Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't know Veers or Lobot....you aren't a Star Wars fan.
Completely minor characters that most people don't care about whatsoever. Would you have cared if Lobot got shot and died in the OT? Doubt it.
Veers didn't even return for ROTJ, thats how minor of a character he is.

"You aren't a fan if..." comments annoy me.

When everyone goes out and buys Lando that's when we can ask for more OT characters, because they gave us more OT and no one bought it :lol
Sad to say but that's true. The market is probably dominated these days by kids who grew up on the Prequels, Rebels and Clone Wars. OG may not be important enough to buy OG figures for a lot of them.

I know Kenobi wasn't as well received amongst the older fans (personally speaking, I did like the show minus any scene with Reva in it), but ultimately it was a hit and brought in big numbers for Disney, so I'm not surprised they're pushing it like this. Just frustrating to see other stuff constantly get pushed back or phased out in favor of unnecessary characters.

That AOTC wave 2 feels like an afterthought. If there's no new prototype like Windu or Padme or Kit Fisto at NYCC I think hope is gone. Especially knowing the ROTS 20th will be some 212th troopers and some battle droid that doesn't need a sculpt.

Whatever, Hot Toys is making it easier to save for a trip to Aruba.

I'm with you man, I wasn't expecting the AoTC wave to be immediately after May the 4th releases, but was hoping for something over the summer during their own event or SDDC, instead were getting more Disney shows figures, which is alright and I totally get it, but man I just want Mace lol. Were a few days away from October and not a peep. Not to mention I still want that AT-RT.

Along with the ridiculous price increase for a few of these figures, and how we are now back to figures sitting around for a little longer, why am I pre-ordering if I can get free shipping and 10-20% off a few months after release? I have 3-4 coupons and codes just sitting in my Sideshow account right now.

Honestly? I'm just happy to be getting Inquisitors. I always knew there was little to no chance we'd get the Rebels versions, and I mean... I like having more Dark Siders. That said....WHY did they not make Second Sister...she would've been great with the helmet and a headsculpt. Hell, eighth sister would be cool as well.

What's left of relevance from the OT apart from Bespin Han anyway? Not much.

What about a Chewy? They did not do one that looks good. ANH is OK at best if you spend an afternoon brushing the fur. Sequel one is an abomination.

Honestly? I'm just happy to be getting Inquisitors. I always knew there was little to no chance we'd get the Rebels versions, and I mean... I like having more Dark Siders. That said....WHY did they not make Second Sister...she would've been great with the helmet and a headsculpt. Hell, eighth sister would be cool as well.

Agreed!

Just bad timing I think unfortunately. Fallen Order came out at a time where the TFA figures sitting around was still fresh, and only a few years removed from TLJ. It also came out within a few days of The Mandalorian, so the "dawn after the darkness" Howard Chan felt was still in very early stages.

If JFO had released a little later, we may have gotten figures for it. I would definitely love to have a Second Sister figure.

Hopefully we get at least Cal with BD-1 for Survivor.

Agreed!

Just bad timing I think unfortunately. Fallen Order came out at a time where the TFA figures sitting around was still fresh, and only a few years removed from TLJ. It also came out within a few days of The Mandalorian, so the "dawn after the darkness" Howard Chan felt was still in very early stages.

If JFO had released a little later, we may have gotten figures for it. I would definitely love to have a Second Sister figure.

Yep, that's exactly what was happening. BBTS was doing the crazy discounts on figures that also included crazy store credits. Definitely a bad time for sure. It really is a shame because Trilla would've just been a freaking fantastic figure as long as they nailed the headsculpt. But I agree, I hope we get some Survivor figures. Maybe they'll even go back and do some Fallen Order figures (yeah right 😂). But I definitely hope we get a Cal/BD. And if it pans out that Cal comes into live action in some degree that would pretty much guarantee it (as much as Hot Toys certainty gets lol)

Agreed!

If they indeed release 4th and 5th Inquisitors, they can try to get the JFO license when JS is released so they can have 1-5 in the collection. I guess it will really be based on the sales of the first 4 before they tackle 2nd Sis.

If they indeed release 4th and 5th Inquisitors, they can try to get the JFO license when JS is released so they can have 1-5 in the collection. I guess it will really be based on the sales of the first 4 before they tackle 2nd Sis.
Don't HT just have the SW license? I don't think they need to secure the license for individual entries.

They probably just didn't make JFO figures because it was an unknown at the time.

Don't HT just have the SW license? I don't think they need to secure the license for individual entries.

They probably just didn't make JFO figures because it was an unknown at the time.

I have no clue to be honest. I just assumed because on their official website, Hot Toys groups their products by license and each of the movies, "Star Wars Battlefront", "Star Wars The Bad Batch", etc are all grouped separately as individual licenses.

I just think if they do all 4 Inquisitor from Kenobi, 2nd sis has a good chance.

I have no clue to be honest. I just assumed because on their official website, Hot Toys groups their products by license and each of the movies, "Star Wars Battlefront", "Star Wars The Bad Batch", etc are all grouped separately as individual licenses.

I just think if they do all 4 Inquisitor from Kenobi, 2nd sis has a good chance.
well their website is pretty awful so they need that for some kind of user interface :lol

Disney is pushing it for sure. We are about to see no OT stuff in a long time. Sadly for me.
There is the 40Th Anniversary of ROTJ next year , we should see something . I fear after the ATOC stuff next year we won't see anything for awhile. I guess more money for me to track down stuff I missed or money to get Indiana Jones stuff.

I would get Veers or Piett before any obi wan series figure, even vader, but not for over $300.

As far as OT vs any fans of other eras: for me overall the OT was great even with weak ROTJ. While there have been moments in all of the other stories they have all been weak but their fans want them to be great, they want their own OT to latch onto. Rogue One may be an exception but if you take away the Vader hallway scene that movie would have been totally forgetful.

Back