Hot Toys 1/6 figure Black Adam (Deluxe) + Golden Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish hot toys made him, but this figure looks good as well.
Yeah that does look good!

I also wish that HT made him bk then I would have a better idea about the overall quality. Of course HY does not “knock it out of the park” on every release, but in my experience the it seems that there is a pretty reliable “floor” with Hot Toys that makes me feel comfortable when buying one of their figures.

Also because this figure has wings, I think HT would be able to do a really good job with this aspect based on what they have done with the new Captain America (Sam Wilson) figure.

Looking at the sculpts for the arms on that Hawkman, they've KO'd the Sideshow muscular body that's been used for Luke Cage, Thor, Magneto, and the newer versions of Batman and Superman

So what do you think of this Hawkman figure?
I think it's a good effort especially since there probably won't be one made by anyone else. Would've liked to have seen a neutral mouthpiece, though. I just really don't care for that sideshow body as the arms don't even get a full 90 degree elbow bend.

However, I have no skin in the game as it's not one I want for my collection. I am glad for those who are excited about it though.

I think it's a good effort especially since there probably won't be one made by anyone else. Would've liked to have seen a neutral mouthpiece, though. I just really don't care for that sideshow body as the arms don't even get a full 90 degree elbow bend.

However, I have no skin in the game as it's not one I want for my collection. I am glad for those who are excited about it though.
Yeah I am one of the people who were hoping for a Hawkman, but I’m on the fence about this figure. I do think the armor and helmet look pretty good, but the wings don’t seem to have any movement options and I was really hoping for seamless arms.

It's a surprisingly good looking Hawkman for third party, but the armor still looks a bit plasticky and I'm not sure how well it would really hold up next to the HT Black Adam.

Plus as much as I did enjoy the movie on a guilty pleasure level, it's not so good that I would want more than one figure from it anyway. And I'm still debating if I even want him.

Yeah I am one of the people who were hoping for a Hawkman, but I’m on the fence about this figure. I do think the armor and helmet look pretty good, but the wings don’t seem to have any movement options and I was really hoping for seamless arms.
Yea the wings are a bit of a let down especially with how good the new HT Falcon look and work.

As for the seamless arms, it’s probably something that’s too expensive for a 3rd party to invest in, I would assume. The only AA seamless body I know of is by Jiou Doll; however, they run just as much as a Phicen/TBLegaue body and I can’t vouch for their quality since I’ve never handled one before.

Yea the wings are a bit of a let down especially with how good the new HT Falcon look and work.

As for the seamless arms, it’s probably something that’s too expensive for a 3rd party to invest in, I would assume. The only AA seamless body I know of is by Jiou Doll; however, they run just as much as a Phicen/TBLegaue body and I can’t vouch for their quality since I’ve never handled one before.
Yeah you make a good point, it is likely that seemless arms may be too costly for a third party company. That said, maybe it would be possible to get an alternate brown skinned muscular body to swap?

Last edited:
I see Dr Fate is also being made.

Perhaps better to keep helmet on ? But I guess it's not too bad.

Magic Lord_01-528x668.jpg

Hawkman is cool I almost preordered lol but I'm not feeling that angry sculpt, I put my figures in a museum pose so that sculpt doesn't really work for me, body looks also weird imo. Actor was in a great shape and very symmetrical. Absolutely loved him in the movie. Stole the show for me. If final is improved might still get it. Gonna keep an eye.

P.S. Also not cheap 288$ for the plastic armour and non articulated wings, I think this he is kinda pricey.

Hoody999

I think Soo Soo also doing him.
Look he is in the background.
323436752_2390140171141976_6747758434683083114_n.jpg

Hawkman is cool I almost preordered lol but I'm not feeling that angry sculpt, I put my figures in a museum pose so that sculpt doesn't really work for me, body looks also weird imo. Actor was in a great shape and very symmetrical. Absolutely loved him in the movie. Stole the show for me. If final is improved might still get it. Gonna keep an eye.

P.S. Also not cheap 288$ for the plastic armour and non articulated wings, I think this he is kinda pricey.

Hoody999

I think Soo Soo also doing him.
Look he is in the background.
View attachment 621574
sharp eyes!!!!!!

Really glad I didn't cave and preorder this at the time (as one of the few people who enjoyed the movie), because I feel no desire for it whatsoever now. Lol
I thought the movie was mediocre but I want the Shazam figure as a Rock fan.

Same with Peacemaker - thought the show was so-so but bought it more for Cena. Looking to get one of the two accounced 3rd party unmasked Cena sculpts.

If one of Black Adam figures wind up getting discounted then I’ll get one but otherwise I don’t care that much. I didn’t mind the movie but it was overall forgettable and is leading nowhere.

Back