1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain Marvel - Captain Marvel (Deluxe Version)

Given Hot Toys' recent track record, I doubt we'll see any improvement...if anything, it may end up being worse and what little likeness there is could very well be gone by the time we get to final product (look what they did to the Chadwick Boseman BP 2.0 sculpt)

I certainly won't be ordering this (or anything else) until I've seen in-hand pics and videos.

Yeah, I am 100% with you on this. If they managed to turn a fantastic prototype into a pile of turd, imagine how a very mediocre prototype will turn out...it won't be pretty.

Where is the artist that sculpted Yondu and Hela? Can HT just have him/her to do all the head sculpts cause their latest batch has been a dismal miss after another! I can't wait to see how badly they botch Evangeline Lily cause her prototype wasn't very good either (although it's slightly better than Brie's and that's not saying much!). :slap

Nice to see double heads! but i just dont think she makes for an exciting figure really.

The headsculpt could be better... otherwise everything else is exceptional

I think hot Toys did a great job nailing her blank dull expression couldn’t tell if it was a figure or her at first haha

The likeness is definitely about what I expected. Which is just kind of there at best.

I figured they’d have trouble with Brie Larson. I feel like she herself looks different in every picture.

Their best likenesses are people with unique features that the sculptor can build the appearance around.

The likeness is definitely about what I expected. Which is just kind of there at best.

I figured they’d have trouble with Brie Larson. I feel like she herself looks different in every picture.

Their best likenesses are people with unique features that the sculptor can build the appearance around.

yes Brie Larson is indeed often look different in every picture, that is quite a challenge for a sculptor

on the bright side, they decided to have a sculpt hair in this one :)

What a day !! Thanos and Captain Marvel !!

51683549_10156043744007344_3178184316236595200_o.jpg

51568336_10156043749562344_238012106698391552_o.jpg

angry 2.jpg

normal 2.jpg

The sculpt looks decent, but I don't mind either way because I'll probably never use it... They could have done better with the cat. It is painfully obvious that it's a toy.

"Action figure" is just a term that was coined by Hasbro to sell dolls (GI Joe at the time) to a boy's market. By definition, they are no different, just monikers for the same plaything. Sorry to break anyone's interpretation of their hobby.

They are dolls. I don't have a problem calling these dolls dolls. That doesn't excuse putting crappy rooted hair on the female dolls just because it's a female doll. Hopefully hot toys have learned and will stop doing it.

Did we really need another thread? I think some people for some reason are desperate to start threads. Hopefully a moderator merges this into the other thread causing the thread starter to possibly cry.

Not pre-ordering this, but might get it upon release. The likeness is off, but I will wait for final product.

Back