1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the pictures we've been shown and the timing of the release, I think that the body for Captain Marvel will either be the same (or similar to) the body used for the Wasp. Hopefully, that's a good thing because according to HT's website, they created a newly developed body for the Wasp. Popcultcha adds that the Wasp is designed for dynamic posing.

If my guess about the body is true, I hope that the suit's material will allow Captain Marvel to be more poseable. But whether this happens or not, I am excited about this figure. I hope they get her head sculpt right and include the helmeted head. If this figure does well, HT might release other variations such as the Kree outfit and civilian clothes. Who knows?

I wouldn't get my hopes up for extreme posing. The suit looks exactly like Iron Spider. Which looks great and vibrant, just not the best for extreme posing. But what sort of extreme pose would Captain Marvel be doing anyway ?

I wouldn't get my hopes up for extreme posing. The suit looks exactly like Iron Spider. Which looks great and vibrant, just not the best for extreme posing. But what sort of extreme pose would Captain Marvel be doing anyway ?

Exactly! I'm not expecting her to look like Spider-Man (although it was interesting to see Brie Larson's rock climbing video in real life). All I need from her is to allow me to display her in various flying poses. But I'll still be happy with museum poses for her if the head sculpt will look great.

Probably just pose similar to this, so just need minor flexiability:

Sh-Figuarts-Captain-Marvel-3.jpg

People love putting these figures in unflattering poses. I am sure if the outfit for this figure allows it they will violate this figure the same way.

I hope they go for the same magnetised head as Iron Spider too.

That is so cool and easy to get his head in relatively extreme positions like that flying pose above. Plus if the eyes are also light up (like Iron Spider) then it is very simple to turn on and off. Which actually makes me use it more. i.e from time to time vs never on other figures.

Am still not sure if they'll have 2 sculpts with this (maybe as a deluxe) or if it's possible to have as a removable accessory like Yondu ?

Looking again at the image above, looks like a separate sculpt might be needed for that chin strap etc. So maybe she will need a deluxe after all....

I hope they go for the same magnetised head as Iron Spider too.

That is so cool and easy to get his head in relatively extreme positions like that flying pose above. Plus if the eyes are also light up (like Iron Spider) then it is very simple to turn on and off. Which actually makes me use it more. i.e from time to time vs never on other figures.

Am still not sure if they'll have 2 sculpts with this (maybe as a deluxe) or if it's possible to have as a removable accessory like Yondu ?

Looking again at the image above, looks like a separate sculpt might be needed for that chin strap etc. So maybe she will need a deluxe after all....

I don't see why the extra head would make it a deluxe - Iron Spider, Black Panther, Killmonger, Ant-Man and Wasp (to name a few) all have two heads and are just regular releases.

They better include the cat Goose as an accessory or i'm not buying

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't buy female figures almost exclusively because of rooted hair. Doesn't look good, and more like barbie dolls. The GOTG2 Gamora will be the one exception. The sculpted hair by Hot Toys is generally excellent and very detailed. If they can nail Bucky and Loki regarding hair, they can nail Captain Marvel.

This is how I feel exactly. I just can't see myself styling rooted hair, I would literally feel like I have high priced barbie dolls on my shelf.

Checked for updates on the figure. On the topic of Barbie dolls, Ken’s hair is sculpted, so we already own high priced Barbie dolls. Personally I don’t mind them being called dolls, or anything else. Call them dolls, toys, action figures, figurines, collectibles, I don’t care, if it’s plastic, moves, and is a character I like I’ll buy it, play with it, and put it on a shelf regardless of what it’s called.

Back