1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changing the Sideshow to the Pre-Production isn't as simple as I'd hoped.

Firstly, the jet pack clips are too wide for the Sideshow hooks. The parts line up well so the jet pack could be attached to them by means of wire. I'm thinking those covered wire strips that are used to tie up sandwich bags fed around the clips and through the hooks.

Secondly, the Sideshow 'leather' belt pouches are glued to the fabric pouches. It's a simple matter to glue them to the Pre-Production pouches, though I'd hoped to avoid making permanent alterations with the HT pieces.

On the plus side, the Sideshow gauntlets just fit onto the HT body. They're tight to get on, but that also means that the wrist gap is eliminated. I also think the colour is closer to the movie, whereas the HT gauntlets are too dark a green.

I kept my SS V2 in ESB mode with the HT Helmet and Pre Pro went on the Deluxe HT Body. Way easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the plus side, the Sideshow gauntlets just fit onto the HT body. They're tight to get on, but that also means that the wrist gap is eliminated. I also think the colour is closer to the movie, whereas the HT gauntlets are too dark a green.
So in your case, do the sleeves bunch up when putting the SS gauntlets on the HT figure?

Which version do you perfer? I know the V2 right gauntlet has more accurate detailing; but it's been pointed out by a member that the colour of green is more accurate on the V1 gauntlets. Ahhh..decisions decisions

So in your case, do the sleeves bunch up when putting the SS gauntlets on the HT figure?

They did at first, but on the second attempt I managed to feed the sleeve through tighter. Afterwards a little futzing straightened them out.

Which version do you perfer? I know the V2 right gauntlet has more accurate detailing; but it's been pointed out by a member that the colour of green is more accurate on the V1 gauntlets. Ahhh..decisions decisions

I didn't know they changed the gauntlet colour between versions.

My Sideshow is a hybrid. I bought the V1, then upgraded him with the V2 helmet, vest/front armour, rear armour and collar.

As for fitting the HT jetpack to the Sideshow armour, I tested it with the sandwich ties. Wrapped a tie tightly around each jet pack hook, leaving an end to feed through the buckle on the armour, which was then twisted over to make it secure.

From the front this will be an invisible fix, though they could be painted to make them blend in more. It'd be neater using regular wire but I'm being cautious using the coated ties so as not to scratch the plastic.

I kept my SS V2 in ESB mode with the HT Helmet and Pre Pro went on the Deluxe HT Body. Way easier.

That was my original plan, way back when this went up for order.

However, I since realised that ESB Boba should take precedence, and the HT is the better representation in terms of armour colour over the V2, and suit colour over the V1. Though the SS is donating his gauntlets to the HT.

I'm regarding the Pre-Pro as a bonus figure, and a means to upgrade the Sideshow.

Now, anybody have a preference between the Sideshow and HT ESB rifle? They're quite different in design/scale.

Oh, and...

...the futz is strong with this one. :clap

Thanks, Asta! :bow

I'm doing my best to replicate that pose, but there's limitations with the joints and the obstacle of the gauntlets and rifle butt coming up against the small belt pouches.

With those pouches on the Sideshow I've decided to glue them to the belt rather than to the soft packs, since the Pre-Pro photos show them in that configuration as well. And it means I don't have to get glue on the HT parts.

full

Looking at that pic, the Hot Toys pre-pro is missing the fins on the rocket backpack at the tip.

Just had my deluxe version delivered from KG Hobby. Well packed and no import fees to pay. At £190 sterling that’s nearly £100 cheaper than buying from any U.K website 👍

3e8ff9bd1b86a494cde87e6ad1a19ae1.jpg

I used the HT rifle over the SS. I think it is better sized. But I used the SS gloves.

I don't have any other Boba Fetts, so I'm sticking with the stock HT one and am pleased. I got the deluxe and I usually never think about selling accessories but I really don't know if I'll ever bother to change things out. Especially hearing about issues with the shoulder armor, I don't know why they wouldn't just use a magnet?

I love my Boba Fett however these bad boys are getting way too pricey for me ( $320+ Canadian price tag). With only the Emperor left in preorder, I think its time to go on a collectors “Boot Camp” or “Eat, Pray, Love” journey to India to drop the collectors bug out of my system. Go back to grass roots and focus on “self” and “Savings” and remove desire!!

Naturally come out of retirement with Returns Penguin DX!! :wink1:

Who’s with me? :violin

I love my Boba Fett however these bad boys are getting way too pricey for me ( $320+ Canadian price tag). With only the Emperor left in preorder, I think its time to go on a collectors “Boot Camp” or “Eat, Pray, Love” journey to India to drop the collectors bug out of my system. Go back to grass roots and focus on “self” and “Savings” and remove desire!!

Hey, I'm totally there already!

I only have a small handful of figures on my "must have" list and then I'm pretty much out (with just the odd figure here and there). I'm getting the 2 Hans from Solo, and then I just need to wait for HT's Bespin Han (and maybe any other Han that they make) and maybe an X-Wing Luke (ANH or ESB). I've even been selling a few of my older Sideshow figures too, and it feels really good to keep a streamlined collection.

Oh I’m with you too!

Really I only want to add the Emperor, 1:4 scale Vader and Stormtrooper and I have what I want.

I’m also getting married in 2019 and my fiancée and I will hopefully be starting our adult jobs and life. I’d never completely cut out collecting. But I’ll have to be extremely picky.

I've yet to purchase an ESB Fett, and it's driving me nuts visiting this page seeing all the cool poses.
I also have the Emperor on PO and a Royal guard in the mail, after that i'm patiently waiting in the wings for the Death Star Trooper to complete my 12 backs collection. Super hyped for Maul & Dooku, but unless i win the lotto or a rich auntie dies i'm throwing in the towel!

Now, anybody have a preference between the Sideshow and HT ESB rifle? They're quite different in design/scale.
Overall, I prefer the HT one. Now only if they painted the grip, made the end of the barrel look like shiny chromed metal, had rings that held the sling instead of those rectangular loops AND gave it the proper sling..it'd be perfect lol. With all of that aside, the sculpt is still WAY more accurate than Sideshow's version.

I'd use the SS one perhaps, if it wasn't for that cheap faux leather they used for the sling. What I've done is remove the plastic buckle from the HT one, ironed the sling to remove the creases and will be cutting it to the same length as the SS one and gluing it on. So it's just one, non-adjustable loop like it should be.

I really wish I knew the exact length of the film used sling, so I could get it perfect..but will just have to go with SS.

Back