1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Endgame Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not saying there won't be a plethora of Marvel properties over the next 2-3 years, just that most of the upcoming movies will likely yield 2-3 characters per as opposed to full team line-ups like the Avengers movies. Plus the movies and series won't have the guaranteed big sellers like Iron Man. For instance the Black Widow movie will likely be Natasha Black Widow (White Widow variant), Yelena Black Widow and Taskmaster. Maybe Red Guardian, which could end up being teased and never produced like Yellowjacket and Crossbones. All of those characters combined probably won't sell as well as Iron Man. Sure there will be costume variations for established characters like Falcon, Bucky and Wanda, and new characters like She Hulk, Shang Chi and Moon Knight will be introduced (although not for a couple of years). I think they will do a slow roll of Eternals starting with maybe 2 characters, and then see how well the movie does. Even if it passes $1B we may not get the full lineup. HT is only going to produce what they think will sell. They never care about making every major character and they also tend to drag their feet on villains and females. My point about "cooling" is there probably won't be as many guaranteed-to-be-produced MCU and Star Wars characters for the next 2-3 years, and HT might use that time to look at some of its other licenses like DC, Matrix, Terminator, Predator, etc. and diversify its offerings.

Yea I don't know what ppl are talking about. If anything HT may end up ramping up the marvel figures/ license. A potential new widow, 1 or 2 characters from eternals, shang chi, a new dr strange, 2 potential different wandas for WV and MoM, maybe a even a new vision, Thor and Jane foster Thor, all the disney plus shows they will most definitely tap(a new loki, she hulk, moon knight, ms marvel, 2 different potential hawkeyes, a new falcon and winter soldier), AND thats not to mention the sure hits coming like the Gotg3 line ups and another black panther for the sequel. Also not including the films on the horizon that will have figures like Blade, the inevitable mcu FF4 and xmen line.

Hell there are even rumors of Nova and more cosmic characters (fingers crossed for a silver surfer). Yea i don't see them cooling down on pumping figs out as long as there are marvel fans that will by them. Especially if each property is a hit. After HT acutally went through with making a hellboy fig from a film that was one of the biggest flops of the yr...there is no way in hell they wont mine every upcoming mcu property to hell and back lol.

73364348_968467810157818_7900929315536109568_o.jpg

73413113_2471991769588463_4158393250157166592_o.jpg

Looks amazing indeed, but price is amazing also for an almost barebone figure.

Wonder why they didnt go for rooter hair for this figure
I honestly prefer sculpted hair... I can imagine it being hard to maintain being rooted.
But i am never a rooted hair fan, tho custom rooted hair is always amazing but hot toys rooted hair is always crappy.
Wow i love this figure more and more, he is so thiiick.... Love it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is it me or does the Stormbreaker handle look thinner than the Bad Tomato one? Just thinking in case I snag a parted Stormbreaker down the line but he won't be able to hold it properly since his hand's been expanded from holding the BT one.

...if you put sculpted facial hair next to rooted hair it will look weird.

Not always. It all depends on how it’s done. At this scale, facial hair just about never looks good rooted, whereas the hair can sometimes look good rooted. I think you can get away with rooted hair and sculpted facial hair combo, but not with a rooted facial hair and sculpted hair combo.

For instance, these modded HT John Wick sculpts that a couple of freaks did using rooted hair and touching up the sculpted facial hair, I think blows the stock unmodded sculpt with sculpted hair out of the water:

0096FABA-B46F-4859-9975-2B91F5FAB519.jpeg

1979E349-9585-465C-8209-5E5C92423B2D.jpg

C7145118-B021-47E9-8574-12DF24648916.jpg

Not always. It all depends on how it?s done. At this scale, facial hair just about never looks good rooted, whereas the hair can sometimes look good rooted. I think you can get away with rooted hair and sculpted facial hair combo, but not with a rooted facial hair and sculpted hair combo.

For instance, these modded HT John Wick sculpts that a couple of freaks did using rooted hair and touching up the sculpted facial hair, I think blows the stock unmodded sculpt with sculpted hair out of the water:

View attachment 468547

View attachment 468548

View attachment 468549

This custom is great, but just look at stock HT Black Widow
Spoiler alert: looks like ****

I feel the same way. I see no reason to preorder something 2 years from now, its not a tesla.

Depends on where you preorder from. Some places offer a discounted preorder price and only get a few in. Once preorders are sold out, price goes back up.

This custom is great, but just look at stock HT Black Widow
Spoiler alert: looks like ****

Yeah, the BW figures I think would have been better with sculpted hair. Except perhaps CW, I think the hair on that one is fine. Then again, BW isn’t a rooted hair/sculpted beard combo, which was the point of the guy’s post. That rooted hair/sculpted beard combos look weird.

I'm in, but what - he's due in 2 years or so? Guess I can wait to PO!

Actually it?s not really 2 years. It just seems that way because we are coming to the end of 2019, and this releases beginning of 2021.
If the preorder came out during spring of this year, the release date would be like maybe summer/fall of next year.

Back