1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit! I wish I'd never seen this. For Christmas I just got IW movie promo Cap plus BY Art custom shield and have a custom Mjolnir got him on the way as well. I'm super pleased with it for my minimal representation of MCU (I've got one display slot to rotate figures from).

But now got the FOMO of still being able to get IW Thor before he sells out. And now this.

I can spread payments out on the 0% apr/18 months card. But I already overspent for this year at Christmas time. And Asmus Crown series Gandalf the Grey still about to ship. But maybe will limit it to just Thor... Argh!

Oh well. I do want this figure. But maybe if a good custom head sculpt knockoff that's clean shaven appears I can get that...

Cap should be available for a while if the last release is anything to go by. IW Thor has been out a long time so I could see it selling out much sooner. if youre really worried just throw him on a payment plan :)

Cap should be available for a while if the last release is anything to go by. IW Thor has been out a long time so I could see it selling out much sooner. if youre really worried just throw him on a payment plan :)

Yeah until 2/8 at Sideshow I can use a $25 coupon, plus $20 in reward points, to remove $45 from the total, which is basically the cost of tax and shipping. I can pick him up for $262. I'm hearing some folks not 100% pleased with IW Thor's head sculpt, but from what I can see of the promotional photos it looks great.

Yeah until 2/8 at Sideshow I can use a $25 coupon, plus $20 in reward points, to remove $45 from the total, which is basically the cost of tax and shipping. I can pick him up for $262. I'm hearing some folks not 100% pleased with IW Thor's head sculpt, but from what I can see of the promotional photos it looks great.

I guess I?m out of touch. Can we use both coupons and rewards nowadays? I always thought it was one or the other but not both or did they change that?.....🤷🏼*♂️

I guess I?m out of touch. Can we use both coupons and rewards nowadays? I always thought it was one or the other but not both or did they change that?.....🤷🏼*♂️

Yes, it's been that way for several years now. To be honest, I don't recall a time when I couldn't combine them, but then others have been buying from sideshow for quite a bit longer than I've been doing so.

I guess I?m out of touch. Can we use both coupons and rewards nowadays? I always thought it was one or the other but not both or did they change that?.....����*♂️

When I looked it over with Thor last week it looked like I could, yes. I'll check again and report back.

I'd been getting them for HT Marvel purchases (40+ days after shipment), but that seems to have ended. Now they may be tied to HT Star Wars orders, as I received one as a thank you for my HT Mando purchase (again, 40+ days after shipment).
Now that you mention it I do think they gave me one with my Captain Marvel purchase last year but it was only good for a short period of time and I had nothing to buy at the time. I don't even recall if they can be used on pre-orders or only in-stock items.

I'm holding off on placing an order (for Snowspeeder Luke) til I *hopefully* get a coupon for my Mark 85. It sucks how Sideshow has slowly (quickly?) and steadily been taking any monetary advantages away from us customers.

Hey guys,

I am really tempted by this Cap, I think he looks really good. I have the Civil War version which I think is pretty good but I like a few things like the scalemail on this better. How do you guys think the Endgame version compares to the Civil War version? Thanks in advance

When I looked it over with Thor last week it looked like I could, yes. I'll check again and report back.

Yeah, I was able to combine the promo code coupon and the rewards points. IW Thor for $254 total after tax and shipping. An additional $14 per month on the card. Hmmmmm....

I'm holding off on placing an order (for Snowspeeder Luke) til I *hopefully* get a coupon for my Mark 85. It sucks how Sideshow has slowly (quickly?) and steadily been taking any monetary advantages away from us customers.

I think that if you spend over $50k a year they should at least give you a $25 coupon that lasts longer than 5 days lol

Hey guys,

I am really tempted by this Cap, I think he looks really good. I have the Civil War version which I think is pretty good but I like a few things like the scalemail on this better. How do you guys think the Endgame version compares to the Civil War version? Thanks in advance

EG is the best representation of Cap you just have to decide if you want clean Cap with broken shield or BD Cap with broken shield

But EG is # 1

I got two coupons instantly. Ordered Cap yesterday got a coupon. Used that to order Batman Forever Bats, got a coupon. Used that to order Robin.

Hey guys,

The Civil War version is indeed a favorite among Cap collectors because of the color scheme and body build but I gotta say the Endgame is the better figure.

BUILD

While not perfect, the Endgame figure has better proportions and addresses the thing everyone seems to gravitate towards - trapezius muscles. Some would?ve liked to see them more pronounced but seriously you can only tell in museum poses. The traps are more visible in the Endgame version. Also, in a couple reviews and blog pics, it seems to finally be able to pull off the pose where Cap grabs his shield off his back. With Civil War?s fabric, I always have a fear of ripping the fabric and/or splitting a seam. All in all, The build and proportions seem to be only second to the much slimmer Concept Art version. Considering the amount of bulk, armor and scales, I?d say it?s a good compromise. One thing I think they should?ve considered was maybe slightly increasing the size of the helmeted headsculpt so it could match more closely to the rest of the body.

COSTUME

A lot of people, myself included, initially did or do not like the ?plasticky/cheap? looking costume used on the Infinity War/Endgame but I finally warmed up to it seeing all of my Caps side by side. The IW/Endgame just ?sticks? to the body better much like spandex. We were all accustomed to the look/feel of fabric but there were always air pockets particularly in the abdominal area that looked weird in poses. Not to mention, Chris Evans wasn?t running around in cloth in the movies. The synthetic look is much more utilitarian towards posing and maintaining quality over the years while I can see cloth fraying, ripping or even fading over time. Also, I hate when the cloth collar gets flimsy and bends over time. Speaking of which, the height and stiffness of the EG collar makes the costume look even more heroic now. The one thing that most will point out is the smaller star. I can take it or leave it but I just happen to have a spare Star that shouldn?t be hard to replace should I feel brave enough to try out later on down the line.

EXTRAS

Without a doubt, the Endgame has some definitive accessories especially as it reminds you of the iconic moments from the movie. I would?ve loved for Mjolnir to light up or have lightning parts but it probably still won?t deter you from recreating the many moments you can with this accessory. In addition to a whole, slightly dirty shield, The broken shield is also a must-use. You;d think a broken item would make Cap look ?weaker? but just as I display with my Iron Studios statue, it makes him look more bad-ass that he would fight to the end with whatever. A lot of people scratch their heads on the ?derpy? looking gritted teeth mouth replacement but I think it?s the face he makes when he tightens the strap on his broken shield or the face he makes when he pauses between saying ?Avengers...Assemble.? The other two faceplates are straightforward and are included with the Civil War version. In fact, they modified the EG versions to where the face particularly the nose doesn?t look as long. Now for probably the best reason to choose this figure - the new headsculpt. While not being perfect, Hot Toys added nuances in sculpt and paint app to get closer to Chris Evans likeness, namely the paler skin tone and lighter hair. It looks great...or great enough. I like that it?s not an overhaul between figures like Tony Stark headsculpts when you stand them side by side. Lastly, The Peggy timepiece is just icing on the cake and is Something I?ve always wanted as a fan of Peggy Carter, ?I?m glad they finally fit it in (and corrected the size). It might seem like a throwaway accessory to some but it really is a nice touch and much more thoughtful than the Civil War figure?s inclusion of Crossbone?s mask. The base is the standard hexagonal base to keep uniformity but honestly of all my Cap figures, this one will most likely always be posed up off of that base.

SUMMARY

So it?s pretty apparent that I choose the EG version over Civil War for sentimental reasons as well as the look of it but honestly it just seems like it would be more fun to pose. I?m sure they?ll make a Battle Damaged version just because. Other than the obvious dry brush application to the costume, I?m not sure what they could add other than a bloodied faceplate and maybe an earpiece. I wouldn?t hold my breath for it, though. This figure is executed so well that it?s a reminder of why I collect these expensive figures and why I am a Concept Artist in the industry.

I hope this helped you consider your choice. If anything, owning both will help you appreciate the evolution of artistry/engineering that goes into it.

Now that you mention it I do think they gave me one with my Captain Marvel purchase last year but it was only good for a short period of time and I had nothing to buy at the time. I don't even recall if they can be used on pre-orders or only in-stock items.

They can be used on anything but they're only good for 2 weeks, so as you said it all depends if there's something up for order that you want. I actually held off on ordering Moff Gideon on the chance I'd get one for my Mando order and it paid off, but usually the timing never seems to align. :lol

Result!

I made a few pre-orders recently including Cap & Batman Forever Bats...but no coupon(s).

Yeah I was really surprised. But happily used them and I never preorder this far in advance. I usually order at HK release so sometimes codes work that that point. But didn’t want to waste these.

Yes, it's been that way for several years now. To be honest, I don't recall a time when I couldn't combine them, but then others have been buying from sideshow for quite a bit longer than I've been doing so.

You weren't able to combine coupons and rewards until relatively recently; like 2018 or 2019 recently.

They can be used on anything but they're only good for 2 weeks, so as you said it all depends if there's something up for order that you want. I actually held off on ordering Moff Gideon on the chance I'd get one for my Mando order and it paid off, but usually the timing never seems to align. :lol

They’ve changed that now too it seems. I had a coupon that I actually used yesterday for this Cap figure, but it wasn’t valid for a few other things both in-stock (Qui Gon) or not in stock (I think I tried it on EG Iron Patriot).

Back