1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Why, Hot Toys? Why?

Sooooooooo many other releases that would be guarantee successes, and you release a shelf warmer like this :slap

You for real?

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Why, Hot Toys? Why?

Sooooooooo many other releases that would be guarantee successes, and you release a shelf warmer like this :slap
Take the amount of interest this figure is already generating into consideration and I think hot toys knows what they are doing .

Take the amount of interest this figure is already generating into consideration and I think hot toys knows what they are doing .

Yup they sure do! I could not have ordered this fast enough. I am excited for this one. I never would have thought in a million years that they would announce this as a release.

#notmyMaul
My Maul died during TPM
This might be my first SW figure tho.
Love the look

It's only got 1 head, why would it cost more, the chair?
Prices seem to be on the rise across the board. This also has the mechanical legs which I thought would maybe add more cost than using a standard True Type body. Glad it’s not priced higher than it is.

What was the first? How he got the name "Solo"? Implying Lando has sex with robots? Labour rights for droids even though that is what they are manufactured for? Using a train to transport things in a galaxy where everything can fly? Han speaking wookie so he doesn't get eaten by Chewie? Rebel Alliance being founded by a random teenager? So many stupid things in this movie. The choices are ENDLESS!

It's one of those.
At this point, it really doesn't matter which.

I thought the labor rights for droids bit was funny. I mean it was a droid setting them free as a side bit, it's not like that was the plot of the movie.

I think I will still preorder the dx16 or 17 over this. Only need 1 maul in my collection.

DooFqd5UwAAS_Gp.jpg

I have XM statue 1/4 Maul, DX17 is currently on its way to penetrate my account. I think Im going to bite this one too and PO lol...3 is the magic number and thats it :lol

His plotline should be in next Solo movie, which will probably never gonna happen. Sadly. We must be satisfied with cartoons, novels and comics.

Watch Disney announce the next TV series as Crimson Dawn with Maul and Qira in it at D23.

There’s got to be some method to this release of 3 Mauls all at once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgive me if I'm repeating some ideas that may have already been expressed about this one in here (haven't gone through every post), but here goes.

I thought this version would have been the first one offered by HT. It would have been unique and different enough from the TPM version that was recently reworked successfully by SSC. But as we've seen with other figures like Luke, that just Isn't even a consideration.

The portrait on this version looks more spot - on to the Park/Maul it is taken from than the TPM version to me. Still not a fan of the heavy, almost embossed look to the face tats, an approach carried over from the first HT version. Those lines look even deeper on this new version.

I wonder if the robo-legs will be die-cast? It would certainly help the figure.

I wasn't a big fan of Maul ' s resurrection or that whole Arc he had in TCS or Rebels. If I do pick this up, it will more because I like the idea that it's a "Mythos" type figure. I did find the idea of Maul turning out to be the leader of a crime syndicate rather interesting. We'll probably never see the Solo sequel spelling out that story more, but it certainly would be interesting to turn James Lucerno loose on it to crank up a good book.

In the meantime here's to more coverage and photos of this figure at SDCC...

I’m willing to bet that they’re releasing this because they’re gonna shoe horn him into the episode 9....

Why, Hot Toys? Why?

lmao this will not be a shelf warmer.

Maul sells like hotcakes and this is a unique look for him and nothing collectors have seen yet.

Back