1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

I know some of you are happy to be able to complete the team but this really falls short of the standard the other figures set. The face is sooo blah and he looks like he quit working out for about a year. I'm glad for the people that are happy though.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Happy for all the regs of this thread.
:clap

ATTACH]

He's already up for order in Hk

Really glad they went with both pants being included… I don't really like the Ravager ones, his original
pants look so much better and let the tattoos on his body stand out a lot more!

And i know once these get revealed, all theres left to do is complain and nitpicking. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in agreement with others when I say....FINALLY!!! :blissy

At least this is one line that HT has completed! Glad to finish my Guardians! Almost in time for the next movie too!!!

So excited for this!
Now where's the Platoon Johnny Depp?

7drHiqr.gif

Finally will be able to complete my GOTG set. I wouldn't be surprised to see the others go up in price now. Instant pre order when it is up!

I wonder what the cost will be on this. $250? $290?

Of course there's shots of him just standing there...it's not like everyone has an expression on their face a 100% of the time... I'm sure there's an equal amount of frames of him yelling, laughing, looking angry...

There's a difference between capturing the likeness of a character and capturing the spirit of one. Much of what we see from drax as a character is him being quick to anger, taking delight in vanquishing enemies, etc. I'm sure there's also pictures of Chris Pratt just standing there too, but that's not how we remember star lord. He's a smart ass, cocky, rogue-ish type and the ht sculpt helps the figure convey that.

Nothing about this figure's expression conveys the presence of the character.

Agreed. While Drax is very rational and composed in the movie, this looks a bit too serene. It'd be great if we can get an expression where he looks more like he's exerting himself, I think it'd make the figure a lot more versatile.

Yes finally! Thank you Hot Toys! Day 1 PO for me:yess:
IMG_0046.jpg
IMG_0068.jpg

HT employee - "Mr. Chan, we can't seem to get Drax's body or face right. What should we do?"
Howard - "Hmm, I know! Let's release all the GotG first, and make everyone wait a couple years for Drax. Then they'll buy it no matter what it looks like."

giphy.gif

Yes finally! Thank you Hot Toys! Day 1 PO for me:yess:
View attachment 249585
View attachment 249586

At the risk of being labeled 'douchey' by a certain someone, I feel compelled to point out that there should be at least one question mark in the caption of your Drax picture. :wink1: Fortunately, it will soon be replaced by the real (1/6 scale) thing! LOL

At the risk of being labeled 'douchey' by a certain someone, I feel compelled to point out that there should be at least one question mark in the caption of your Drax picture. :wink1: Fortunately, it will soon be replaced by the real (1/6 scale) thing! LOL

True LOL! Forgot to put at least one question mark:rotfl but can't change it now I'm thousands away from my collection (currently working overseas). Can't wait to have the real 1/6 thing!

True LOL! Forgot to put at least one question mark:rotfl but can't change it now I'm thousand kms away from my collection (currently working overseas). Can't wait to have the real 1/6 thing!

:yess: :yess: FINALLY!!! :woo

I'll be getting him for definite - the team will finally be complete at long last!! :blissy :yess:

Back