Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
patejuty.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Okay i don't know why anyone is having this convo. It looks like Marty like jeez. Whatever to each his own eyes. I mean opinion

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I've always felt like MJF's likeness is almost impossible to capture from every angle in one sculpt. Of course that isn't uncommon. Look at Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, Arnold Schwarzenegger, the list goes on. There are many great sculpts of all those actors, yet we all have our favorite. I own pretty much every custom Michael J. Fox head sculpt that's been made available: Ada Chan's, Spenser's, Trevor Grove's, and Erick Sosa's. All sculpts likenesses range from decent to practically perfect. My favorite is Trev's. Great sculpt, fantastic likeness, good expression, but it doesn't scream "Marty McFly." I could go on and list the pros and cons of each sculpt. Point is, likeness is not only subjective, it depends on what angle is shown. I see roughly 90% MJF in Hot Toys' sculpt. More than enough for my taste. I also like the expression. Am I in love with it? No. But does it work? Hell yes. This figure is going to be my ultimate grail piece. I cannot wait for it to go up on the shelf with my custom Marty. :-D

I think they could tweak his mouth expression. It looks like hes toothless. And it's too symmetrical, should be a bit skewed.

As much as I want this set, just like the 66 Batman and Robin was shown with the 66 Batmobile, the Delorean is just a tease. Within a year, it still will not be up for PO. I think HT is just making it to show they can just like the 1/6 The BAT.

As much as I want this set, just like the 66 Batman and Robin was shown with the 66 Batmobile, the Delorean is just a tease. Within a year, it still will not be up for PO. I think HT is just making it to show they can just like the 1/6 The BAT.

Except that the Batmobile will more likely than not go ahead, but the Bat has been canned altogether. The PO for this might be sooner or later, but it'll go ahead too. The Bat was just too much of a challenge, especially the difficulty of shipping it to all corners of the globe for a reasonable price and without breaking into bits.

Except that the Batmobile will more likely than not go ahead, but the Bat has been canned altogether. The PO for this might be sooner or later, but it'll go ahead too. The Bat was just too much of a challenge, especially the difficulty of shipping it to all corners of the globe for a reasonable price and without breaking into bits.

QFT!:lecture

Ideally, I'd hope they'd wait to do the Delorean, actually. That way, if Marty sells well enough and they decide to do Part II and III versions, they could, maybe, make some interchangeable parts.

I wonder if Hot Toys will jazz up their BTTF display at the next conventions. Put in a 1/6 clock tower and make a dio of the street that Marty races down at the end of the movie. That would look epic.

clocklightning.gif

It's not perfect, it's not dead on, it's not 100%. Very few sculpts are.

But... it is however good enough and I like it a lot.

just rewatch the movie part 1 the tyre on the car is from good year do you think it will be on the one from Hottoy? maybe not right?

It's not perfect, it's not dead on, it's not 100%. Very few sculpts are.

But... it is however good enough and I like it a lot.

I think that the collector needs to do what best compliments the sculpt. Some of the HT shots look dead on at certain angles, while a lot of the SDCC shots fall pretty flat. I think, with the right amount of finesse, it can look perfect on your shelf.

I think that the collector needs to do what best compliments the sculpt. Some of the HT shots look dead on at certain angles, while a lot of the SDCC shots fall pretty flat. I think, with the right amount of finesse, it can look perfect on your shelf.

Perfect is subjective. Nothing can ever look 100% perfect to a large number of people.

(especially not 1/6th collectors)

:lol

just rewatch the movie part 1 the tyre on the car is from good year do you think it will be on the one from Hottoy? maybe not right?

Yeah HT would probably need to pay Goodyear a hefty wedge to put their name on the tires. Expect to see a few custom decals for this release.

That's very true. Well, to me anyway, it could be.

In my opinion, this is almost perfect:

mcflyHotToys_zps7b10b283.jpg

This, not so much:

997006_10152345251318565_5520080050103635628_n.jpg

Which kind of blows, frankly, because it almost takes away the reason to want the Delorean. That's like the classic pose and it doesn't really do the likeness justice.

Back