Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible F...

If you want the EX, you should expect to pay a premium. It's the price of doing business for the exclusive figure. That said, SSC shipping is WAY overpriced for the volume they do. Marty is $17 for me and I'm in California. BBTS ships clear across the United States to me in a collector friendly double box and still doesn't charge more than $12-$13 for a single figure.

Thankfully, my girlfriend discovered that our UPS driver is a collector as well and passed the info on to me so that when I saw him yesterday we talked for a brief second and he gave me a meet-up spot for the days I miss my delivery. He said if he sees boxes from SSC than he knows who they are for and if I'm not home then he will know where to go that evening. :yess:

I realize that these shipping fees are pricy, but I want the ex and I will pay more locally for this with the U.S./cad conversion; and no exclusive. Just send me a shipping notice SS.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible F...

If you want the EX, you should expect to pay a premium. It's the price of doing business for the exclusive figure. That said, SSC shipping is WAY overpriced for the volume they do. Marty is $17 for me and I'm in California. BBTS ships clear across the United States to me in a collector friendly double box and still doesn't charge more than $12-$13 for a single figure.

Thankfully, my girlfriend discovered that our UPS driver is a collector as well and passed the info on to me so that when I saw him yesterday we talked for a brief second and he gave me a meet-up spot for the days I miss my delivery. He said if he sees boxes from SSC than he knows who they are for and if I'm not home then he will know where to go that evening. :yess:

Since you put it that way, I guess the extra dollar to ship it to just outside of NYC doesn't sound so bad then. :lol

Re: Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible F...

Since you put it that way, I guess the extra dollar to ship it to just outside of NYC doesn't sound so bad then. :lol

Not to mention the additional 8.75% in tax I have to pay. Yep, you're getting a better deal on shipping the is only $1 more.

Not to mention the additional 8.75% in tax I have to pay. Yep, you're getting a better deal on shipping the is only $1 more.
:exactly: As much as I want it really soon, I ordered from BBTS instead to save on shipping and avoid taxes in Cali.

:exactly: As much as I want it really soon, I ordered from BBTS instead to save on shipping and avoid taxes in Cali.

I'm the opposite; can't wait. I nearly ordered from eBay to get it sooner, but decided I can wait a month or two longer for it.

Touché. :lol

I remember talking to The Skull earlier in the year telling him it was 70° and sunny while he was in NY shoveling snow.

Not to mention the heat and humidity during the summer, hell, even the past couple of days. I mean, it's not Miami, but it's bad enough. :lol

I just got done paying for two mk 42s now two Marty's ... Not a bad week. . I live an hour from SS and its $16. I can drive there and back and have enough left for lunch . That's not adding the $10 packout or tax

Still no email from sideshow last flex on 10th hope i can pay off get him a little early ,next week.

I have been ordering for 3 years or so and never get a pack out and never get damage maybe because friends with my ups guy from old job. Do u guys really need a pack out if only 20 minutes away really how likely is it get banged up? If does just complain and get new box sent out.

I just got done paying for two mk 42s now two Marty's ... Not a bad week. . I live an hour from SS and its $16. I can drive there and back and have enough left for lunch . That's not adding the $10 packout or tax

I'm in the EXACT same boat, bro. Live 22 miles away with a $16 shipping charge and yes, we pay CA taxes and pack out costs. The shipping charge started to really irk me (knowing it costs $11 to ship UPS) so

I called Sideshow. They said those quotes come from UPS and there's nothing they can really do about it.

Anyway, no use griping about it, it's all worth it to get the Ex IMO. At least WE WILL get it first in the US.

Still no email from sideshow last flex on 10th hope i can pay off get him a little early ,next week.

I didnt get one either, so I chatted with a csr and told her I didnt receive an email and she said it may be in my junk folder:cuckoo: I get all ssc emails and I checked and nothing in my junk....lol. Well anywhos I told her I can pay now and she said to call tomorrow morning and she would set that up. It was 5:01 so I dont know if they were done for the day but didnt want to ask why she couldnt do it right then. So hopefully I have him before the weekend.:pray:

I didnt get one either, so I chatted with a csr and told her I didnt receive an email and she said it may be in my junk folder:cuckoo: I get all ssc emails and I checked and nothing in my junk....lol. Well anywhos I told her I can pay now and she said to call tomorrow morning and she would set that up. It was 5:01 so I dont know if they were done for the day but didnt want to ask why she couldnt do it right then. So hopefully I have him before the weekend.:pray:

Thank's N3MESIS 4 info looking forward to the future ha ha soon.:impatient:

I have been ordering for 3 years or so and never get a pack out and never get damage maybe because friends with my ups guy from old job. Do u guys really need a pack out if only 20 minutes away really how likely is it get banged up? If does just complain and get new box sent out.

Yes, Here are my examples. ordered my avengers loki from them and half the box came crushed. Two months later, my hulk came with a dent that looks like it was dropped from a ten story window. Think the last non packout order was SSM cap on heavy discount and it came with a deep gouge like the stabbed it with a screwdriver . Go figure I order the tumbler and the box arrives pristine .

Sorry 2 hear bones hopefully all our Mcfys get home safely damage free and get back in good old 2015 safe.

Off Marty figure topic but BTTF & high end collectible relevant...efx collectibles is now showing a BTTF coming soon logo in store section! Could be interesting and hopefully available when DeLorean comes out to.

Back