Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opinions everyone... I have two addresses in 2 states. In the past sideshow required billing and shipping to match otherwise they'd cancel orders. Their new system allows for them to be different but it's only a 3 week old system.

My predicament is that Id like to change my shipping to where I spent most my time, the SSC rep told me "it shouldn't be a problem" but can I trust that? Should I risk trusting their new system with my marty exclusive or should I leave it how it is until marty ships and just wait 2 months longer until I can guaranteed have him in hand when I go to my other address?

Hmmmm...

I got this message from the person I have bought it from in Hong Kong.....

hot toys staff told me there's something important about the marty mcfly figure that needs attention. I quote what they told me here.

"first, please read the instruction sheet very carefully beforehand.

second, the sunglasses are just for decoration and unable to wear on the figure's nose. You could put the sunglasses on the figure's hair but need to be very careful in case it's too tight and get broken.

third, better not to take any clothes off the figure except for the red vest."

Every time I go to hot toys secret base to get any newly-released figure, hot toys staff always tell me something to be careful.

Not being able to recreate the teaser trailer is almost a deal-breaker. I've been really excited about this figure and potential line, but if they're going to half-ass things because they'd rather crank out more Marvel figures then **** it.

jdYdKcB.png

Hot Toys really need to learn how to make sunglasses with photo-etched metal frames and separate lenses. No need to cut the headsculpt when the thickness of the rims is almost to scale.

It seems we've entered the overexcited phase of a Hot Toys non-Marvel release where we delude ourselves into thinking Hot Toys may go deeper into the line, making this and that and the other :lol

I foresee total silence on this license once the Delorean comes out. No Doc, no further Part I stuff and no BTTF II stuff[.

:exactly: Yep I think we are all guilty of that! :lol Real shame if we don't see anything else from this line though (especially a Doc :( ), still I'm happy enough that we got Marty - I never ever thought he'd be made as a 1/6 scale figure.

I'm just now registering after reading this thread every day for the past few months. You guys seem to have better information than any other place on the interwebs, so thanks for all the info over the past few months! I ended up preordering the regular version since I figured it'd be a longer wait for the exclusive if I even got it at all.

I do agree that something is off with the new sculpt I just can't seem to put my finger on what exactly it is. I still think its pretty good though, and definitely worth the purchase.

Do these normally take about two months to come to the USA after they release in HK?

I would imagine if some of us weren't so geeked out about seeing a non marvel figure from HT this release would be getting a lot more scrutiny about the head sculpt. The cold hard truth is to my eyes this is pretty bad and on par with the Depp Crane figure, expect this one cant be hidden with gadgets. For me, it appears HT is actually getting worse with their human likeness than what I expected them to be at this point a few years back. It's like they aren't even trying anymore. (see all the Marvel re-use) and are losing their skills.

I may still get it though.

Not being able to recreate the teaser trailer is almost a deal-breaker. I've been really excited about this figure and potential line, but if they're going to half-ass things because they'd rather crank out more Marvel figures then **** it.

jdYdKcB.png

Hot Toys really need to learn how to make sunglasses with photo-etched metal frames and separate lenses. No need to cut the headsculpt when the thickness of the rims is almost to scale.
I really don't agree with anyone thinking this figure is "half-assed" because Hot Toys didn't go all out with an accessory that works perfectly well for 99% of collectors as-is. $10 will probably get you another pair of shades, and then, if you really want to pose him in the Delorean like this, with the door closed (assuming the windows even roll down), then you can do it!

I really don't agree with anyone thinking this figure is "half-assed" because Hot Toys didn't go all out with an accessory that works perfectly well for 99% of collectors as-is. $10 will probably get you another pair of shades, and then, if you really want to pose him in the Delorean like this, with the door closed (assuming the windows even roll down), then you can do it!

Maybe 'half-assed' is a little hyperbolic, but there's multiple Tony Starks who can wear the sunglasses/welding glasses included with them and no Marty McFlys. Then again maybe it isn't because people have found a few things complaint-worthy with this figure - choice of facial expression, only one head, etc. In my case I was referring specifically to the sunglasses.

I don't normally complain about this kind of thing but the sheer volume of forthcoming releases for Age of Ultron, for example, that all seem to be perfectly on-point vs one figure for Back to the Future which is less than perfect is enough to get me raising an eyebrow. At least there have been high-end Terminator, Robocop, etc figures in the past. BTTF has had nothing before this, and it's the 30th anniversary to boot.

Maybe 'half-assed' is a little hyperbolic, but there's multiple Tony Starks who can wear the sunglasses/welding glasses included with them and no Marty McFlys. Then again maybe it isn't because people have found a few things complaint-worthy with this figure - choice of facial expression, only one head, etc. In my case I was referring specifically to the sunglasses.
I just don't think the hairstyle lends itself to having the sunglasses flush with his head, the way the Tony Stark ones do. The feathered 80's hair over the ears makes it hard to pull that off, best case scenario they could have made grooves in the hair to allow for the sunglasses. You can always try putting them on his face anyway, at the risk of bending out the frame though.

I just don't think the hairstyle lends itself to having the sunglasses flush with his head, the way the Tony Stark ones do. The feathered 80's hair over the ears makes it hard to pull that off, best case scenario they could have made grooves in the hair to allow for the sunglasses. You can always try putting them on his face anyway, at the risk of bending out the frame though.

Yep. The Mark IV Tony Stark wears its glasses so well because the hair is tight to the head above the ears. Marty's hair would have to have holes, like the clean Police Shootout Terminator head, to achieve a similar effect.

The arms on the glasses also look very thin and fragile - even the slightest bit of pressure could break them. Long story short, it ain't worth it.

I actually been in contact with a guy on ebay thats selling a bunch loose parts, and asked him to sell the sunglasses, then he posted the for $23 bucks :mad:......i think i showed to much interest.

All ready for a certain Mr McFly :yess:

DSCF3445_zpslgddz30q.jpg

Told a work colleague who knows what I collect that I was getting Marty. He was like 'I don't know why you buy those things ' ? I said no nor do I :pfft::lol

jdYdKcB.png

uploadfromtaptalk1428700585063.jpg

Just have this as an alternate sculpt.

Back