Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Twilight Zone **** that has kept me from getting to the flicks you wouldn't believe, it's doing my head in tbh. And now it's much too late to be cool - right now I'll settle for dignity.

Definitely. Even with sales loss due to the rooted hair, I would be stunned if this were not their biggest selling female character ever. Likewise I would predict that the Iron Man 2 version is their best selling female character to date, given the relative popularity of the licence and actress. I was always curious though just how well Jill Valentine sold, since they did feel she merited two releases. Also I wonder if Black Widow can outsell any male Avengers release.

I bet she will sell better than Hawkeye and Nick Fury.

The Twilight Zone **** that has kept me from getting to the flicks you wouldn't believe, it's doing my head in tbh. And now it's much too late to be cool - right now I'll settle for dignity.

May's come and gone for dignity bud.

Nah j/k mate, but make sure you get a chance to see it on the big screen before its gone. It's as awesome as you've heard!

Damn, Lejuan. I've missed almost every movie I've wanted to see for the past 6 years or so, and even I've seen Avengers. :lol

Takes me back to '84 and the bmx I finally got in '86 :monkey2

make sure you get a chance to see it on the big screen before its gone. It's as awesome as you've heard!

Tomorrow night and no more spoiler tag avoid'n for me, no sir :)

Lol people's reactions are funny. I especially like the fact that it makes me a racist LOL.

Anyway, it was entertaining for what it was worth but an eye candy spectacle that won't have you thinking much... things blow up no characterization no real motive for the antagonist... things blow up... Sounds like for better or worse a disaster to me. Disaster doesn't even really mean bad either... It was a well crafted disaster but a disaster none the less. Despite that fact you can't expect much from a movie with 25 superheros stuffed in it including big CGI hulk.

I enjoyed elements of it but ultimately found it silly. It lacked charm that even Thor and Captian America had, and obviously Iron Man one.

Iron man two I can comfortably say I am "racist" towards lol.:hi5::yess:

Avengers is why I want a Nolan JLA film.

I still thought it was more fun than anything I've seen in ages. It epitomizes what I expect from a comic book movie, and for that I don't know how much more spectacular it could have been. They kept everything together better than any of the Transformers movies (closest thing I can come up with comparable levels of action). Despite how much was going on, it remained fully coherent.

I'd still like to see something a bit more moody though. It would be an achievement that I'd never expect, but desperately want to see.

Lol people's reactions are funny. I especially like the fact that it makes me a racist LOL.

Anyway, it was entertaining for what it was worth but an eye candy spectacle that won't have you thinking much... things blow up no characterization no real motive for the antagonist... things blow up... Sounds like for better or worse a disaster to me. Disaster doesn't even really mean bad either... It was a well crafted disaster but a disaster none the less. Despite that fact you can't expect much from a movie with 25 superheros stuffed in it including big CGI hulk.

I enjoyed elements of it but ultimately found it silly. It lacked charm that even Thor and Captian America had, and obviously Iron Man one.

Iron man two I can comfortably say I am "racist" towards lol.:hi5::yess:

How can you not like a movie where the bad guy wins?

392535_10150870590587344_1630566462_n.jpg
20120329023414!Black_Widow_Avengers_03.jpg

One thing that goes aganst the rooted concept: the hair can never appear naturally combed/brushed up before being parted because there is literally no scalp behind the face, just a straight line.

attachment.php

Last edited:
...Hey Raymond, if you think The Avengers was a "disaster," I cant help but wonder: have you seen Prometheus yet? Because if the Avengers is that bad, I can't WAIT to hear your opinion of that one.

LOL!

...Hey Raymond, if you think The Avengers was a "disaster," I cant help but wonder: have you seen Prometheus yet? Because if the Avengers is that bad, I can't WAIT to hear your opinion of that one.

LOL!

he cant watch it,he is banned for life from all cinemas for throwing objects at the silverscreen and continues booing during the screening:lol

I think she looks pretty great -- I think they did a good job capturing Scarlett's likeness. Love the way the suit turned out & that they included the taser bracelet & gloves (and alien rifle). Which, btw -- she did use the tasers in the movie -- I think twice, but one time I specifically remember was when her & Cap were fighting the aliens & she had climbed onto one's back/shoulders & tasered it in the neck.

I will agree with some that the upper body is a bit off (too thin) & I am disappointed with the rooted hair over sculpted -- but NOT for the reasons some people are suggesting. I am gay so I reaaaallly don't have any masculinity issues over owning something with rooted hair since the majority of society thinks I grew up playing with barbies anyway (btw, I didn't, lol) & as a huge Black Canary fan I have all the Tonner releases of the character on display which DO have rooted hair.

My issue with BW having rooted hair is that if it were sculpted instead it probably would look better & you wouldn't have to worry about losing/maintaining the style (I haven't had luck re-curling rooted hair). It's odd that Thor has sculpted hair even though he had longer, thinner, fairly straight hair -- while Widow has rooted even though her hair was shorter, thicker & styled. And regardless of whether they used hard/rigid plastic or soft/flexible plastic it wouldn't have hampered her head/neck movement.

That said -- it's just a nitpicky gripe on my part as the pictures suggest it can actually work with the figure since it's so short as opposed to detracting from it (like the hair on the IM2 version). If they use something worthwhile to help maintain the hair shape then all should be well. With rooted hair in general, if you can find a good product to use on it to hold the shape & keep it somewhere you won't get a lot of humidity issues then it's not much of a pain. My Tonner 16" Black Canary is still in perfect hair condition (Tonner apparently used a heaping quantity of a good quality product to keep the waviness intact) -- the 18" one is turning into a frizzed hot mess though & needs fixing (not sure what happened there & as I mentioned I haven't had luck re-curling it)

Black Widow looks great on the whole & definitely a pre-order for me

The material they used for the collar is way too thick. Rest is lovely though.

Seriously??

Man, some of you never cease amaze me...

It's not really possible to achieve all 1:1 scale things in 1:6... all the complaint and nitpicking about this and that... I know it's a forum and people can express their individual opinions whether it's right or wrong (mostly) but come on!, these figures are amazing when you really look at the evolution of action figures.

Seems like a lot of you didn't grow up with 5 point articulation (or less) so it's hard to appreciate these figures which are never perfect (damn close)... the "gimme" generation need to take a good step back and appreciate what you can get nowadays instead of taking jabs at everything that comes out...

I almost wish Hot Toys would issue a letter of "F#@% You" to these useless nitpickers.

M.

Back