Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could this BW figure be the first to break that 'Men would not buy it' precedent? AVENGERS has massive appeal.

I am always sceptical about this type of thing because with the best will in the world, it may be a case of Chinese Whispers and serious collectors passing on some sad fanboy's wank-dream. It's where the 'facts' get ever so slightly less tangible, I think. Was this ever confirmed by anybody? I know someone was going to ask TH on his Twitter feed, but did they ever get a reply? I don't recall reading about it if they did. Did HT ever say this directly? As far as I recall, they just said that the THOR version was cancelled in favour of the AVENGERS version.

We all know that it is possible to take very limited information and theorise with it. Sometimes it will be 100% correct...and sometimes you will add 2+2 and get 5, so I am not casting doubt on anyone's honesty.

:lecture:clap :lecture

The is also the infamous last sec switch of an advert. Kojun BD Mk.3's HS with Mk.2

HT will reuse when they can.... with an already approved Tom's HS it would be straight foward to use it for avengers.

Definitely. Even with sales loss due to the rooted hair, I would be stunned if this were not their biggest selling female character ever. Likewise I would predict that the Iron Man 2 version is their best selling female character to date, given the relative popularity of the licence and actress. I was always curious though just how well Jill Valentine sold, since they did feel she merited two releases. Also I wonder if Black Widow can outsell any male Avengers release.

The original widow was not one of their better sellers. Se languished at Clarence level prices for close to. A year after release. Only within the last 6 months did she suddenly become hard to find for a good price.

Right, so I go back to my original point - aside from the silly thing/secret project/Pepsi special editions, which are just repaints of existing figures, HT don't generally reuse parts.

They re-use weapons for sure, which is understandable.

I noticed that Resident Evil Alice has the same MP5K as the Robert Patrick T-1000.

I for one am known to be a hash critic. Some even see me as a complainer. But I'm sorry if you guys don't think this looks EXACTLY like her you are literally insane! I just don't get this nitpicking. Even her body looks quite accurate I think. Plus it's a lame character from an eventually forgettable movie. I don't get the backlash. Even I am getting it and that says something. I despised iron man 2 and thought avengers was a disaster.

harsh critic?you rather sound like a moron:pfft:.forgettable movie?disaster?lame caracter? :slaphmm,sounds more like hate than criticism:cuckoo:

:impatient:
I for one am known to be a hash critic. Some even see me as a complainer. But I'm sorry if you guys don't think this looks EXACTLY like her you are literally insane! I just don't get this nitpicking. Even her body looks quite accurate I think. Plus it's a lame character from an eventually forgettable movie. I don't get the backlash. Even I am getting it and that says something. I despised iron man 2 and thought avengers was a disaster.

Wow... people like you still exist, actually calling "The Avengers" film a disaster is mind boggling...

You should have just said "I hate watching movies and I especially hate being entertained."

Ridiculous!

M.

:impatient:

Wow... people like you still exist, actually calling "The Avengers" film a disaster is mind boggling...

You should have just said "I hate watching movies and I especially hate being entertained."

Ridiculous!

M.

Completely with you, such a terrible film :slap

Its the best film I have seen in years (if not ever, massively entertaining), some people know better than everyone else though and will find fault with perfection.

Roll on the directors cut where it will be even better. :clap

I hate iron man 2 almost as much as I hate avengers which is not quite as much as i hate Scarlett johansson but let me tell you even I want this figure. Holy ____! Anyone complaining is crazy

Allowing movies to bring you to HATE them shows a massive flaw in your character, racism is something you can hate but films?

I pity you.

Completely with you, such a terrible film :slap

Its the best film I have seen in years (if not ever, massively entertaining), some people know better than everyone else though and will find fault with perfection.

Roll on the directors cut where it will be even better. :clap

i'll bet he things adam west is the best batman ever,:lol:rotfl

You guys are missing the point. He's basically saying that he thinks this figure is so good he'll be getting it despite not enjoying movie.

Back