Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to say it but Ive been a little underwhelmed with this figure. I like it and everything about it but it just hasent grabbed my attention like I thought it would. I think the likeness is a little off,not by much though. I think its probably because of the smallness of the figure and the price. This is my first "human" and female figure so maybe that has something to do with it. All my other HT's are DX's or monsters and things of the like. Dunno,gonna hold on to her for now and hope she grows on me. If now I always have her next versions to look forward to.

I'm still new to Hot Toys but aren't all of them 1/6 or the occasional 1/4? What's the big difference with the DX figures other than the box that from the reviews I've seen always has a folding magnetic enclosure. And perhaps a PERS feature.

Bigger, nicer Box with magnetic closeure.

Foam inserts in box.

Greater number of accessories.

Some diorama-style base, possibly with some manner of light-up feature it it's appropriate.

PERS for the eyes in AT LEAST one of the heads.

:lecture
This is how I see it too

I figured it was glowing b/c it knew that that the ppl Loki was controlling with it were getting close, similar to how Loki seemed to have this look on his face like they were getting close. Figured they (Loki and his minions) were connected by the scepter

Exactly. It was acting as a homing beacon. Thats how they located the nearly invisible helicarrier.

In other news, still waiting.......

My BW was delivered today....but I can't get her out of my mailbox...:( I had to leave a note for the mailman to put her into a different box...

has there even been a marvel DX figure?

Good question. I'd like to know that myself. :dunno

Nope, There has been 13 DX figures so far, 3 Jokers, 3 Batman, 2 Terminators, Luke Skywalker, Jack Sparrow, Bruce Lee, Michael Jackson and Indian Jones.

I think Tony Stark is the closest we have gotten to a Marvel DX figure.

I had some free time on the weekend and some new charcoal pencils so I did this. The actual drawing looks a lot better though I couldn't seem to get a good picture of it for some reason :gah:

Just got a call from Kate at Mothers Basement UK to let me know that BW will be delayed until June

I'm not all that bothered with delays, but i am pretty impressed with Mothers Basement for actually calling to let me know

that's customer service!

3 things:

1) It appears my BW is self "fixing" her hair? After leaving her out of the box for 2 weeks, her hair seems to have more volume and not as flat as before...not sure why, but I'm happy with her hair now. Not perfect, but happier.

2) For the likeness, I have to say it's a close miss. I have looked at it under different lighting conditions and at different angles, I realized if you look at her at 45 degree angle from either side of the face at level elevation, she looks closer to the real deal. For straight on and profile, it's a bit off.

3) Now that production has started for CA2, it's just a matter of time before the picture of her new costume will surface (CA's new costume is already out). At that time, I suspect the interest for this BW will decline?

3 things:

1) It appears my BW is self "fixing" her hair? After leaving her out of the box for 2 weeks, her hair seems to have more volume and not as flat as before...not sure why, but I'm happy with her hair now. Not perfect, but happier.

2) For the likeness, I have to say it's a close miss. I have looked at it under different lighting conditions and at different angles, I realized if you look at her at 45 degree angle from either side of the face at level elevation, she looks closer to the real deal. For straight on and profile, it's a bit off.

3) Now that production has started for CA2, it's just a matter of time before the picture of her new costume will surface (CA's new costume is already out). At that time, I suspect the interest for this BW will decline?

Got pics of Cap's new suit?

Remember the 2011 SDCC costume concept (panaramic) posters for the Avengers? Well they turn out exactly like how they appeared on screen, didn't they?

I have no idea what you mean. I never saw any pre-production art or costumes for The Avengers before the movie came out.
I did watch one of the trailers. But that's it.

I have no idea what you mean. I never saw any pre-production art or costumes for The Avengers before the movie came out.
I did watch one of the trailers. But that's it.

https://www.kjplanet.com/avengers-posters.jpg

They were free giveaways posters during the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con. There were 7 of them, put them together and you have the whole team in a giant panaramic poster. It was the first reveal of their respective costumes.

3 things:

They will be starting to shoot Avengers 2 around the time CA2 is out and knowing HT if they make a CA2 BW it will not be in hand before Avengers 2 is in theaters.
So will they be taking PO for Avengers 2 BW before CA2 BW is in hand?

Back