Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I made it a while back when the bad figure was announced.

LOL! That's awesome! :rock You should make a stop animation dance off between the two now.

So for everyone who has the bad figure right now, how are you displaying it? Do you have any sort of backdrop or did you put the hot toys box behind it?

Last edited:
I think im going to have to just go ahead & break down & buy this guy from one of the China sellers. In a couple of days this fig will have been out an entire month & the American sellers still havent gotten him. Dammit, Im tired of waiting...:gah:

*EDIT*: On second thought, maybe ill wait. Just went through all the sellers who actually have him in hand on eBay. I love Michael, but ill be damned if ill pay $200+ for a figure....!

I've been thinking about ordering this from Viking Playground... anyone know if they ship their DX figures with their brown shippers?

My figure came from angolz ..and it came within 2 boxes labeled dx03 ..the typical hot toys brown packaging that most of there figures come in..but a third outer boxing that had Michael Jackson dx03bad all over it ..the postman new exactly what i had got that morning.:)

A couple things to watch out for on this figure:

- Wrist 'sock'. MJ has a thin fake leather black sleeves that sits inside the rubber 'gaunlet' and covering wrist the ball joint with a small hole letting the ball joint peg exposed, connecting the hand. That 'sock' is made with very delicate material, and is very easy to rip on the sewing with a little pull. It doesn't tolerate stress like normal fabric (unlike the shirt, pants, or socks on ankle). When changing hands, be very careful with that piece. What you want to do when changing the hands is keeping the ball joint attached on the arm, when removing the hands. So you don't have to take out or re-insert the gaunlet & 'sock' and the ball joints by accident. A bit of vaseline or chapsticks on the tip of the small ball joint peg (that goes into the hands) helps make the removing easier. Or you can just use Xacto knife to shave off just a tad of the peg, to reduce the 'bite' or friction when removing a hand. Otherwise, you'll see wear and ripping very soon on those 'socks', due to the hard pulling everytime you change the hands. However, if you have an extra pair of black wrist ball joints (HT Batman) lying around, that would be even better, eliminating the 'sock' altogether, while not having a flesh tone gap exposed on the wrist.

You weren't kidding on that wrist sock thing. Even after heeding your advice, I still wasn't able to keep the socket in the arm. The socket came out and extended under the sock. However, I was able to remove the hand and get it back in place without tearing the fabric. I'll tell you though, it is a major pain to change hands with that thing. Overall, I'm still very happy with the purchase.

Here's mine sitting in a detolf with the Thriller MJ underneath. I have yet to display my zombie version because I am waiting on the extra slim body which is due to arrive in the mail any day now.

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

I recieved mine from onesixthbruce today. Thanks Breakersrevenge for class service as per usual.

This figure is amazing. It has IMO hot toys most accurate 1:6 sculpt to date. Now for some crappy pics.

I must post a pic of how my mjbad is now and how he will stay forever ..gets a shelf all to himself..ya he is that awesome!:)

You weren't kidding on that wrist sock thing. Even after heeding your advice, I still wasn't able to keep the socket in the arm. The socket came out and extended under the sock. However, I was able to remove the hand and get it back in place without tearing the fabric. I'll tell you though, it is a major pain to change hands with that thing. Overall, I'm still very happy with the purchase.

Here's mine sitting in a detolf with the Thriller MJ underneath. I have yet to display my zombie version because I am waiting on the extra slim body which is due to arrive in the mail any day now.

Congrats, nice pics!!

Bring on Smooth Criminal.

Nice pics!! Yes, I just got finished watching the "Smooth Criminal" extended version video. Must say it really has gotten me more hyped, whereas before I was a lil skeptical...!

I already know the pose my Smooth Criminal fig will be in!

Smooth_criminal_video.jpg

Congrats, nice pics!!

Nice pics!! Yes, I just got finished watching the "Smooth Criminal" extended version video. Must say it really has gotten me more hyped, whereas before I was a lil skeptical...!

I already know the pose my Smooth Criminal fig will be in!

Smooth_criminal_video.jpg

I love Moonwalker. That movie is awesome. One of my favorite parts in the Smooth Criminal video is the part where the bigger guy starts walking towards MJ and he moonwalks away from him. It's so f'n epic!

This seems to be one of the PERS system's quirks... same with The Joker. From certain head and eye angles, the likeness is dead on. Then from another angle (lower angle and eyes looking down, for the Joker), he looks much more cartoony.

Not so much with Bats, but the cowl makes it a much different story.

Back