HORRIBLE ebay transaction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photoshopmagician

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I sold a couple of Gotham Times Newspapers on ebay for about $30. The guy who bought them hadn't paid in about a week, so I contacted him and asked him what's up. He said he tried to pay, but had paypal issues, but that I would receive payment in 2 days. That was 2 weeks ago and after numerous more messages being sent, he hasn't responded at all.

I've even checked other auctions he's won and he's paying for them, so obviously all he was giving me was BS!

Is there any way I can "make" him pay? Should I contact ebay? Paypal?

What can I do!?!?!? :banghead :banghead

Yeah I think you can log a non-paying bidder dispute with ebay on your auction, if you look at the drop down tag to the right of your listing I think it might be in there
x

seems like the guy is being a ****** and wont pay. file a non- payer dispute and relist them would be my advice.

So I sold a couple of Gotham Times Newspapers on ebay for about $30. The guy who bought them hadn't paid in about a week, so I contacted him and asked him what's up. He said he tried to pay, but had paypal issues, but that I would receive payment in 2 days. That was 2 weeks ago and after numerous more messages being sent, he hasn't responded at all.

I've even checked other auctions he's won and he's paying for them, so obviously all he was giving me was BS!

Is there any way I can "make" him pay? Should I contact ebay? Paypal?

What can I do!?!?!? :banghead :banghead

No, you can't make him pay if he decides not to , and you can't leave him a neg. feedback either [don't you just love Ebay!]. All you can do is file a non- paying bidder dispute and that mechanism is pretty well useless.

I wouldn't call this a "HORRIBLE" ebay transaction. A Horrible one is where an international buyer makes payment, you mail, then buyer retracts payment through paypal somehow, and becomes an unregistered user, and you just sent him your item for free.

Your experience has only cost you time and aggravation (listing fees will be reimbursed once he doesn't repsond or offers an explanation). File a non-paying bidder claim and relist.

He doesn't have to pay and can leave you a negative feedback for having the audacity to ask. Sucks nuts. You can get youe final value fees back. Ebay keeps the listing one because...well..I guess because they can. They are a necessary evil in my life.

wow, this really sucks, i wish there was some way I could make him pay!! Ebay needs some new rules, haha. Thanks everyone for all the advice!!

He doesn't have to pay and can leave you a negative feedback for having the audacity to ask. Sucks nuts. You can get youe final value fees back. Ebay keeps the listing one because...well..I guess because they can. They are a necessary evil in my life.

No, if poster files a non-paying bidder claim, and non-paying buyer doesn't reply, they can't leave feedback and if they leave feedback before non-paying bidder claim is reolved (7 days), it gets retracted once buyer proves himself to be a dead-beat buyer.

Yeah, overall, you aren't in bad shape. You still have the item, and still have time to relist before TDK hits theaters. At worst, you will only be out a few bucks for the listing fees.

It does suck, though, don't get me wrong...

wow, this really sucks, i wish there was some way I could make him pay!! Ebay needs some new rules, haha. Thanks everyone for all the advice!!

Its the risk u take with ebay. 90% of the time its a smooth transaction but theres always one ass who complicates a decent system.

Seems like the percentage on assy members is increasing... I'm gonna try and avoid selling there from now on. Just too much BS to deal with.

Seems like the percentage on assy members is increasing... I'm gonna try and avoid selling there from now on. Just too much BS to deal with.

Absolutely! Seems like people are realizing that they can get away with things with the rules ebay has. Sad part is that they do get away with it.

Recently, I bought the World War Hulk - X-Men vs. Hulk comic books on Ebay. At first I thought I was going to have to buy each one individually, so I bid and won #2 for like $6 after shipping. Next day a BIN for all three issues came up and I got entire set for like $12 shipped. So I no longer wanted the now duplicate copy of just #2. I even waited like a week to make payment, but after thinking about it and considering just not paying because there would be minimal recourse against me if I didn't pay, I decided to do the right thing and just pay for it because I do believe in karma. But with the new Ebay rules, I could have easily skipped on my commited bid and just left the guy hanging. New Ebay truely does suck for sellers.

Recently, I bought the World War Hulk - X-Men vs. Hulk comic books on Ebay. At first I thought I was going to have to buy each one individually, so I bid and won #2 for like $6 after shipping. Next day a BIN for all three issues came up and I got entire set for like $12 shipped. So I no longer wanted the now duplicate copy of just #2. I even waited like a week to make payment, but after thinking about it and considering just not paying because there would be minimal recourse against me if I didn't pay, I decided to do the right thing and just pay for it because I do believe in karma. But with the new Ebay rules, I could have easily skipped on my commited bid and just left the guy hanging. New Ebay truely does suck for sellers.

you are correct sir! And I have a hunch that's why the buyer didn't pay, because the price for the newspaper went down pretty steadily after people found out they could get them from Dominoes. It's not right and ebay needs to makes rules accordingly that serve us sellers justice. At the very least, people who don't pay should receive negative feedback.

If you don't pay, don't you get an Unpaid Item Strike? Get a few of those and people can lock you out of their auctions. So there is some recourse.

I wouldn't call this a "HORRIBLE" ebay transaction. A Horrible one is where an international buyer makes payment, you mail, then buyer retracts payment through paypal somehow, and becomes an unregistered user, and you just sent him your item for free.

Your experience has only cost you time and aggravation (listing fees will be reimbursed once he doesn't repsond or offers an explanation). File a non-paying bidder claim and relist.

Yeah, that is nothing. I have lost money this way.

So how long ago did that happen to you?

So how long ago did that happen to you?

Actually, I lucked out big time. I was selling some Palisades muppets to a buyer in Spain. He sent me payment, I shipped, then next day he was unregistered and his payment was reversed by PP automatically for some reason ( i blame PP, they were giving him a hard time about something and I think cancelled his account). Then PP sends me some BS like, "oh yeah, don't ship to this person, loss prevention, etc. etc.." a few days later. That's the thing, I pride myself on shipping next day if possible and advertise as such. I contacted the guy in Spain, and he was very cool, and still sent me payment (money order) for the items. He was a doctor or something and not trying to rip anybody off, but anybody else could have easily taken my stuff and never paid. It taught me that with international I usually wait about three days after receiving PP befor I ship. I even tell the buyer I shipped the item and still wait three days to see if anything like this will ever happen again. So I got lucky.

Back