Media Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is this damn boss I'm fighting the Rockbreaker. Owned me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rockbreaker is the worst of the bunch. When there's one, you at least have certain control of where it is when going under ground. Im currently struggling with 2 corrupted ones in a corrupted zone. Hardest part of the entire game so far.

Find a solid place to hide under, and make your attack from near that position of cover. It will take a while. Don't come too close. They dont pursue.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

How to cheese corrupted zones...

Start by approaching the zone on foot.
Shoot at the corrupted from a far, getting closer and closer until you aggro them.
Once they aggro and head toward you, start running away from the corrupted zone.

At a certain point the corrupted bots will want to turn back and stay in the corrupted zone.
Once you find that sweet spot...keep getting closer enough to hit and aggro them, but far enough away where you can de-aggro them quickly by distance.
At a certain distance, it seems the aI cant "get to you" so they run away or to the far side of the corrupt zone.
Just walk up, aggro and repeat the process.

Only thing to watch out for are bots that can launch projectiles, they can still aim/hit you, so dodge.

I accidentally stumbled on to this AI abuse early on.
Used it to clear several of the corrupted zones that were tough early on in the game.

Hell the first underground guy I encountered in the arena/through the storyline...I was "exploring" the arena and he spawned/the fight started when I was looking behind the only building you go to the triggers his appearance. Ended up just playing ring-around-the-rosey with him until I plucked away at him enough.
While he could come out the ground and jump toward you behind the house...he would never path underground to behind the house. So as long as you dodged the leaping jump/land attack...he basically never go near you and you could use the house to block the ranged attack he does.

Yeah i always use the distance as my advantage. I think the reason i struggle with the Rockbreakers is because i play on Very hard and dies immediately when they charge and hit me, they are a nightmare to dodge too. The game has gotten fairly easy with the upgrades ive done, it's just the corrupted zone with the Rockbreakers i struggle with. Haven't tried to lure them into a zone with multiple trip wires set up yet though.

Which reminds me... this arrived today. =)

ec2ac27f08ae98d75b1af1c1fcf4ef7a.jpg

Only collectible from this game out there so far. I can see Prime1 pick up the license and do some Machines, at least the Thunderjaw. Light up feature and everything.

Only collectible from this game out there so far. I can see Prime1 pick up the license and do some Machines, at least the Thunderjaw. Light up feature and everything.
There is actually a Thunderjaw statue out there (but I forget by who). It come with the statue, a replica of Aloy's Focus, a map (I think it's cloth), and two lithographs. I've thought about getting it (I'm super glad I decided to pre-order the collector's edition for that Aloy statue), but the price is a bit high since I have no idea where I'd put it right now. :lol

There is actually a Thunderjaw statue out there (but I forget by who). It come with the statue, a replica of Aloy's Focus, a map (I think it's cloth), and two lithographs. I've thought about getting it (I'm super glad I decided to pre-order the collector's edition for that Aloy statue), but the price is a bit high since I have no idea where I'd put it right now. :lol

Yeah but those pieces are usually garbage. Not true statues like what Prime 1 did with the Witcher 3

Yeah you're right. Forgot about the ThunderJaw Project Triforce made. Not a bad price for that one either. I see they offer a Thunderjaw collection with Thunderjaw plus the things you mentioned.

https://www.projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=75

The Rockbreaker is the worst of the bunch. When there's one, you at least have certain control of where it is when going under ground. Im currently struggling with 2 corrupted ones in a corrupted zone. Hardest part of the entire game so far.

Omg two lol. Hmmmm new plan. Bate and run away

Finished this up yesterday. Overall the story of what happened to the Earth and Aloy's origin turned out to be interesting, I just wished it was spread out more over the course of the game. It's really only present at the beginning and ending. The final battles were great and I wish there had been more set piece fights like that throughout as the Uncharted series does.

Edit: finished up a side quest for that weirdo that drinks machine blood that I missed and got 100% complete. Odd you have to buy every shadow weapon to get 100 even though the lodge weapons are better.

Last edited:
Finished the game and really enjoyed it. I'm glad that I remained unspoiled about the story so that I could discover everything myself. Great game!

True. I loved how well they sewed the pieces together and the mayor reveals and twists with perfect timing.

Almost finished at 74% but I have to say it's fantastic to play. The side quests could have been much better though some are just really stupid. You get that feeling that Aloy is a slave to everyone. It at times reminded me of Assassins Creed 2 which was also my favourite game in the series just more open in this game.

This isn't mine and I got the platinum a while back but this here is truly jaw dropping. You would think this is a cutscene or something. :horror

p2uIUCR.gif

looked a few pages back and didnt see it before...

https://kotaku.com/horizon-zero-dawn-looks-unnaturally-good-because-of-hyp-1793570455

"Fortunately, Horizon is a game, so the developers didn’t have to wait for hours just for the right conditions to appear. Instead, they deliberately programmed the game to always capture that picturesque quality."

Helps explain the look.
And I can see how the endgame armor makes hudless mode able to be played without much "worry".
Might try it next time I take it for a spin.

This isn't mine and I got the platinum a while back but this here is truly jaw dropping. You would think this is a cutscene or something. :horror

p2uIUCR.gif

Yeah I finished it last night and popped in Nioh jeez it looks out dated and I haven't even played it yet [emoji848]

Yeah I finished it last night and popped in Nioh jeez it looks out dated and I haven't even played it yet [emoji848]

And the least said about ME Andromeda, the better...

Back