Media Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you get the Shadow weapons and powerful Modification coils, this game is getting fairly easy. Took on 2 ThunderJaws at the same time just now on very hard.

24ewc54.jpg

Most of my weapons are shadow ones now, and I agree......its fun taking down the big boys.

Took me a while to get the heart for the shadow war bow, though....finally got it..

You do have a backup plan with the hearts, but im not gonna spoil how. It's worse with those damn animal skins and bones when you need them. Totally random and you can't buy them from any merchants either.

Last edited:
The best thing is, I have to complete BotW before playing this again, and the second playthrough is like the second time you watch a movie you really like: you understand the finer details better and enjoy it more.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Beat it last night, hardest difficulty. Clocked in at just under 70 hours. A few times I paused the game and left to do ther things for a few hours.

All collectibles, the major ones, not datapoints.

Only trophy left is knocking down all the target dummies.

The armor you unlock with Power Cells makes you damn near invincible.

This game is a simple "shoot the enemies in the colored spots with the right colored weapon".
It is just that the "colors" in this game are covered with thousands and thousands of polygons.

Humans enemies are a joke. Must be there as an "easy mode" after dealing with crazy giant robots.
Aim...zoom/slow-mo...headshot...next...

Easiest strat I found for anything is...ropecast them down...puck away at them...then rope them down again...rinse and repeat.

Unless I am missing something, the weapons you get from the hunters lodge is nothing more than another way to get a version of a few shadow weapons.

They certainly didn't reinvent the wheel. But they made a really fun version of those things.

Only just got the ropecaster at level 33 with the game mostly done lol
Had no idea it basically changes the entire game into easy mode!

As a sucker for robots, animation, and visual effects it was fun to play.
I probably could have done a lot more with traps, but I just ended up stacking damage on a hunter bow (due to ammo just being shards and wood and not wire also) and playing more like a methodical shooter.

Story started off meh / whatever for me, but was curious on HOW/WHY robots came to be grazing and herding like animals.
Story got better, rather than worse..and it did at least stitch everything together and answer those questions.

I love how to hack the robots by, essentially, shove your stick up their asses.........someone has a sense of humor when they came up with that solution. So, 65 hours in, missing more than half of the data file, but have all of the flowers, and most of the stick dudes and the rare cups. Speaking of which, anyone else disappointed that not one Starbucks survived even as an ancient ruins? That would have made me LOL for sure

Game is great fun. The only negative is the generic side missions, but the main ones are more than interesting......

I love how to hack the robots by, essentially, shove your stick up their asses.........someone has a sense of humor when they came up with that solution. So, 65 hours in, missing more than half of the data file, but have all of the flowers, and most of the stick dudes and the rare cups. Speaking of which, anyone else disappointed that not one Starbucks survived even as an ancient ruins? That would have made me LOL for sure

Game is great fun. The only negative is the generic side missions, but the main ones are more than interesting......

Yeah it's a fantastic game no doubt. Side missions are a bit drab but the games campaign is epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested on knowing this, Aloy was based on Dutch actress Hannah Hoekstra.

f97a30ed0761a9b3925c2c162b7fad6c.jpg

Meet real-life Aloy.

c3ced7d326469e3cb282f81863a68cd2.jpg
9b1f2f5e9dc61c4c04457710fdca91d9.gif
db1861af8f1b41ea468d31181b8b6e3b.jpg
03296c2e07f7bfb3a28326a694feaa72.jpg

The hair makes or breaks the likeness, but it's her.

The voice is another actress, of course.

To be honest, I can't wait for Aloy's next adventures. She has a whole world of ruins and secrets to uncover outside of Colorado.

Back