homes in foreclosure top 1 million

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Army, Navy and Air Force bases in the area....we also have large corp. like Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon, Boeing, Safeco plus numerous bio-tech companies. They are the ones that really run this city. But on another note, I think Seattle is one of the few areas where the housing market hasn't crashed....it's just reached a plateau. Granted it's a ridiculous plateau....unless you enjoy paying $300,000+ for a 400 sq. foot studio. :monkey4

I know my brother is having trouble selling his house. He sure as hell won't be making any money off it. He still regrets leaving his apartment.:lol:lol:lol

We have Army, Navy and Air Force bases in the area....we also have large corp. like Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon, Boeing, Safeco plus numerous bio-tech companies. They are the ones that really run this city. But on another note, I think Seattle is one of the few areas where the housing market hasn't crashed....it's just reached a plateau. Granted it's a ridiculous plateau....unless you enjoy paying $300,000+ for a 400 sq. foot studio. :monkey4

Starf/ucks is where modern liberals go to be trendy :lol

Starf/ucks is where modern liberals go to be trendy :lol

Starf/ucks is where TOURISTS go to be trendy. :lol I wouldn't go to Starbucks unless I had no other choice. Lucky for me, there are 13 different coffe shops in a one mile radius around my apartment. Granted 4 of them are Starbucks...but I have many options, thank god.

ARMS are NOT bad loans or the problem. Interest only loans are not bad loans or the problem. I was a mortgage consultant until this past year when I decided it was time for a career change. There is nothing wrong with any of those loans. In fact, if someone is responsible those loans will benefit you tremendously. The problem are the lenders giving any type of loans, be it fixed, adjustable, interest only, a combo of the two, to individuals who have no business buying a home. It's the guidelines that are the problems. Every program has guidelines, credit restrictions, income restrictions, job restrcitions, history resctrictions etc. etc. However the sub prime market has been steadily increasing since before 95 really and has now for the past few years really started to burst. The companies are creating guideline loop holes for doc waivers, and income hikes, and credit explanations and write offs, and the list could go on. It's irresponsible people that feel they are entitled to own a home so they quailify with a backend ratio of 50% on an FHA loan where the government will give you the 3% you don't have to put down and hike the sales price. People should not be able to buy a house unless they are 'A' paper credit and have the 5-10% to put down from verifiable sources. Just like the analogy with dogs goes... "There are no bad dogs, just bad owners!" "There are no bad loans, just bad owners!"

RESPONSIBILITY from both the lender and the mortgagee is the problem.

Starf/ucks is where TOURISTS go to be trendy. :lol I wouldn't go to Starbucks unless I had no other choice. Lucky for me, there are 13 different coffe shops in a one mile radius around my apartment. Granted 4 of them are Starbucks...but I have many options, thank god.

I am so glad I don't drink coffee it's not even funny. One, these modern "coffee shops" are so full of pretentious dicks that I'd vomit from all the "smug" inside the places and two, $5 a coffee is insane and only pretentious dicks would pay it. :lol

ARMS are NOT bad loans or the problem. Interest only loans are not bad loans or the problem. I was a mortgage consultant until this past year when I decided it was time for a career change. There is nothing wrong with any of those loans. In fact, if someone is responsible those loans will benefit you tremendously. The problem are the lenders giving any type of loans, be it fixed, adjustable, interest only, a combo of the two, to individuals who have no business buying a home. It's the guidelines that are the problems. Every program has guidelines, credit restrictions, income restrictions, job restrcitions, history resctrictions etc. etc. However the sub prime market has been steadily increasing since before 95 really and has now for the past few years really started to burst. The companies are creating guideline loop holes for doc waivers, and income hikes, and credit explanations and write offs, and the list could go on. It's irresponsible people that feel they are entitled to own a home so they quailify with a backend ratio of 50% on an FHA loan where the government will give you the 3% you don't have to put down and hike the sales price. People should not be able to buy a house unless they are 'A' paper credit and have the 5-10% to put down from verifiable sources. Just like the analogy with dogs goes... "There are no bad dogs, just bad owners!" "There are no bad loans, just bad owners!"

RESPONSIBILITY from both the lender and the mortgagee is the problem.

I respectfully disagree that these types of lonas do not contribute to the problem.

Man, I don't know what type of Starbucks you guys visit but the ones here in Atlanta only charge $1 and some change for a cup of coffee.

I am so glad I don't drink coffee it's not even funny. One, these modern "coffee shops" are so full of pretentious dicks that I'd vomit from all the "smug" inside the places and two, $5 a coffee is insane and only pretentious dicks would pay it. :lol

This I agree with. I ^^^^ing hate coffee shops. I mean is a coffee shop really the best place to study or read a ^^^^ing novel.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Man, I don't know what type of Starbucks you guys visit but the ones here in Atlanta only charge $1 and some change for a cup of coffee.

I think they are thinking of Vente lattes with shots of syrup and blended frappaccinos that are around $5....drip is cheap...which is why I drink it. :lol

Coffee isn't that much worse than sodas.

I can't believe some of the people I work with complain about gas prices but are willing to pay $2.29 for a 16oz soda at a restraunt.

And McDonalds still beat them in several taste tests :rotfl

We are talking more about the "latte" crowd. You know, the people who think it's cool to have a cup of foam with a name that's 14 words long.

I think a regular cup of starbucks here is around $2.00. It is all those damn specialty drinks that are expensive.

And McDonalds still beat them in several taste tests :rotfl

We are talking more about the "latte" crowd. You know, the people who think it's cool to have a cup of foam with a name that's 14 words long.

I will never forget when I was in high school what a girl said to a friend of mine.
My friend:"I don't drink Starbucks, I like black coffee, so I just make it at home ."
The girl:"But what if you want a caramel macchiato?":rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Can you tell me anything about these loans? What are the negatives, and what are the positives?

I have already been through ARM loans. Many people use then just to get into a house w/o thinking about the increase they are facing 2 years down the road. Most thought they would just refinance, but when the bubble burt they were unable to do so and then could not afford the increased percentage rate which made the mortgage go up several hundred dollars a month.

ARM loans were great for investments buys a few years ago before the bubble busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back