Hitman: Absolution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IGN Review

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7uYfhWNvrA[/ame]

Last edited:
Gametrailers gave it a 6.9, Edge gave it a 7. I think this will vary in terms of review scores. People will ether really like it, or they won't.

Already paid for this one. I'm a massive fan of this series so regardless of the reviews I want to make up my own mind. I've had high hopes though I must admit, I hope I'm not disappointed.

Tomorrow!!! :rock

Here's my Agent 47 getting prepped for the holiday's.

DSCN4608.jpg

Kane & Lynch in Hitman Absolution

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEr0eCRosgQ[/ame]

Is that sigourney weavers voice guiding you through the first mission? It so that's awesome.

Nothing to be on the fence about.

If your a fan it's the best game in the series yet! No more sloppy controls, AI is better by far, gunplay is fluid when things go wrong.

If your brand new to Hitman and just think hey that looks pretty cool... It is VERY cool! I've been a fan o this games concept since day one. I'm so glad they finally hit one out of the park. Hope it only gets better and more frequent.

Go get it!

Nothing to be on the fence about.

If your a fan it's the best game in the series yet! No more sloppy controls, AI is better by far, gunplay is fluid when things go wrong.

If your brand new to Hitman and just think hey that looks pretty cool... It is VERY cool! I've been a fan o this games concept since day one. I'm so glad they finally hit one out of the park. Hope it only gets better and more frequent.

Go get it!

I played a lot of Blood Money and I felt upset that they got rid of the suitcase mechanic.

yeah I played a tiny bit of the first one and was up in the air about getting this one. I loved what I played from long ago but just never really got into the franchise. Is this one open world like some GTA or is it still just mission after mission.

Just want to double check before i go putting money on it.

I am going on to part 5, or chapter 5, or what ever. So far I think it's okay. Glad I ended up cancelling my pre-order and just renting it. Once I'm done the game, I probably wont play it again.

It's not bad or anything, just not fast paced (which I knew because I've played the games before) and I think where I am at in my gaming life, I just prefer more face paced.

The graphics are nice though and once you get the hang of it, easy to navigate.

I am going on to part 5, or chapter 5, or what ever. So far I think it's okay. Glad I ended up cancelling my pre-order and just renting it. Once I'm done the game, I probably wont play it again.

It's not bad or anything, just not fast paced (which I knew because I've played the games before) and I think where I am at in my gaming life, I just prefer more face paced.

The graphics are nice though and once you get the hang of it, easy to navigate.

After reading reviews on it, most say they prefer how Blood Money was compared to this. I'm glad I didn't just go out and buy it.

I have mixed feelings about this game. I am currently at the Dexter Industries level and to me it is two steps forward, one step back.

I love the story driven narrative, the graphics, the controls, the CQC stuff, the point tagging, and the fact that Bateson is back!!!

I hate that I can't select what weapons to bring and the revamped disguise system. You get discovered too easily now. I mean on paper it sounds good, if you disguise yourself as a janitor, maybe other janitor will know you are an imposter but in a compound with hundreds of guards, it is silly that all of them will know that you are an imposter. That wasn't very obvious early on but in the later levels, it gets really aggravating when you walk into a room with loads of guards and they start opening fire cause they know magically that you are Agent 47.

Instead of blending in openly, I have to either kill everyone or play the game like MGS (which then defeats the whole point of hit man games)

Sure you can use instinct to negate it but they ran out really quick and when you have so many guards to go through, eventually you are gonna have to kill someone or sneak around like Snake.

I also miss the sandbox aspect of the previous games. I mean there are still some large areas but they got nothing on Blood Money levels in terms of size.

This game basically feels more linear and you have less choices.

Overall it is a good game and a must for Hitman fans but at the same time, you felt that they are trying too hard to implement elements from other modern shooters and action games (COD, Uncharted, Splinter Cell) and that is a big mistake IMO.

The main draw of Hitman has always been how it is the polar opposite of other similar games back then.

I really hope things improved later on.

I heard this is more like a Splinter Cell Conviction type than the traditional Plan and Execute thing. So I dont see how this can be less fast paced than Blood Money. I had Silent Assassin Ranking on all my missions on Blood Money and it took a hell of a lot more planning and time than any other game...

Back