Hi from Sydney,Australia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentox

Super Freak
Reaction score
Have already posted before introducing myself. My apologies.

I'm a 36 year old male Makeup Artist who has always wanted to be a SPFX guy but fell into fashion instead. Most people only act like monsters but don't want to look like one so my job will always be around. Unfortunately I wanted to make people into monsters but most are unwilling victims. So I got my kicks from model kits etc from a young age.

I guess I got addicted to models/action figures since the marketing juggernaut of Star Wars when I was at the prime age for such things.I moved onto building and painting vinyl kits from Screamin as they seem to be one of the rare companies that were producing very real versions of my favourite film characters like Hellraiser's Pinhead,Chatter to there Stormtrooper, Darth Vader but also Halycon's Aliens Drop Ship, Alien Warrior and Power Loader.
Some unfinished ones would be Cain from Robocop 2 which was a mix of lead and vinyl and is still in a box in a partial constructed way at my parents place in a box somewhere.There is a partial Billiken Predator standing on my old painting desk and a unassembled, unpainted Boba Fett somewhere but with not much time these days there they remain.

As of just recently I collected Medicom Kubricks when they first launched in around 1998-2000? I was in Asia a lot so it was awesome shopping in Hong Kong for collectible figures.Unfortunately I don't travel there as much as before as paying in $US and large amounts of $'s for shipping for a product that is made in China annoys me a little bit but what to do what to do...

Only recently discovered Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys which are amazing in there quality and attention to detail. Most of my favourite characters are there but of course they are limited and now cost a pretty penny on Ebay but that's ok I'll collect slowly over time and will gather all of my friends eventually.

I guess I collect movie characters that I love. Terminator,Predator,Robocop,Star Wars,Aliens would be the main ones that I have grown up with and still love to this day.

I thought I would pop in a photo of my desk that I write this intro from which has my Blu Ray/ HD DVD and DVD collection as well as my favourite figures that have been newly added to the collection as well as some older original pieces , Kenner's Alien that was banned on 1st release. Boba Fett and Stormtrooper in there boxes as well as there larger versions.

https://picasaweb.google.com/kent.vaughan/DVDPile#5383816134028591794

Thank you for reading and will see you on the forums.

Kent

Welcome.
welcome-1.gif

Back