Hi from South UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a large (200+) collection of 1/6 scale figures, half of which are Hot Toys....

BTW - Worked out I need to order 20 Detolfs from Ikea for my collection, so currently working on alternative display ideas.

Hello. I'm the UK myself :)

200 figures! OMG! Half of Hot Toys?! That is some serious collection.

Yes you do need some nice cabinets to do those figures justice. I saw your photos of them all cooped up in that little cabinet and it made me sad. Those guys need some space! But once you sort it out it should look absolutely amazing! Even more modest collections look great in a glass cabinet. 200. Wow you could make like a wall of them!

Do post some more pictures when you get some nice cabinets for them :)

:welcome1:

and Woah! Nice collection! Make sure to post some pics once they stretch their arms in a new display. :)

Problem I've found had with Ikea.. they want to discont/change everything that ppl seem to use. lol

Hello. I'm the UK myself :)

200 figures! OMG! Half of Hot Toys?! That is some serious collection.

Yes you do need some nice cabinets to do those figures justice. I saw your photos of them all cooped up in that little cabinet and it made me sad. Those guys need some space! But once you sort it out it should look absolutely amazing! Even more modest collections look great in a glass cabinet. 200. Wow you could make like a wall of them!

Do post some more pictures when you get some nice cabinets for them :)

I know. . . I crammed a few in the cabinets, just to prove to myself that I've actually got some! Ha! Most of them are in the loft/storage. Luckily, I'm keeping an extensive list of them all.

I've been looking at PAX and will get some custom glass fronts/doors made.

It's going to be a fair few months before I move, but once I do - I'll definitely post pics of them all. I've just bought the Star Ace Harry - he's my latest addition which take my obsession up to 218 figures. *sigh. BUT - I LOVE THEM! :)

:problem I've found had with Ikea.. they want to discont/change everything that ppl seem to use. lol

Yeah, I have noticed that looking round the forums! I keep seeing shelves etc and thing, "That's cool" then check on Ikea website - NOPE.

Yeah, I have noticed that looking round the forums! I keep seeing shelves etc and thing, "That's cool" then check on Ikea website - NOPE.
Pax, Besta & Detolf are all you need and have been for years.
The shelves never change, although the Besta configuration has, the accessories do.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show :bunnydanc

20 detolfs for 200 figures? Jesus. :lol

Have you considered PAX from IKEA for your display? You could fit a ton of sixth scale figure in them and may cost you far less in the long haul.

Really... definitely not new to the hobby :lol

Welcome Anx10us! make sure to post some pics of your collection!

Pax, Besta & Detolf are all you need and have been for years.
The shelves never change, although the Besta configuration has, the accessories do.

Yeah - that's my point. I wanted to put them in the box shelves I have - Kallax. Ikea used to do the glass inserts for them, but not any longer.

I've taken advice and am going to stay away from Detolfs, purely because of the size of my collection.

Pax are a good size etc, I'm looking into getting clear/glass/acrylic fronts for them.

That's some collection in a short space of time! Where did you get the egg chairs for the MIB guys?

That's some collection in a short space of time! Where did you get the egg chairs for the MIB guys?

They're Super Duck Egg Chairs. I wouldn't recommend the seller I used because they stole from me. (Long story - refused to replace damaged items or pay for return postage, and it's the law here in UK) BUT - just do a Google for them, I think KGHobby have them in stock.

Back