Hey everyone, about to buy a Hot Toys Thor and need to know which one is the one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this order:

1. TDW Light Armor Thor

- Has the best cape of the Thor figures and the best sculpt.

2. AoU Thor

- Second best cape and sculpt. Best Thor figure in terms of feeling sturdy in hand.

3. Thor I Thor

- Worst sculpt by virtue of the hair piece, but the helmet is awesome and the outfit and the cape are good.

4. TDW Full Armor Thor

- Same sculpt and figure as TDW LA Thor, but the cape lacks the cool dirty effect that the LA figure has and not really a fan of the armor sleeves.

5. Avengers Thor

- Decent sculpt, my personal least favorite Thor suit.

You guys are AWESOME!!! I think I may go with Dark World Light Armor and just buy a custom head later or something if I am disappointed. But that is the head I like the most as of today. The open mouth head sculpt just looks the most like him to me guess. Maybe because every time they aim a camera at him its because he is talking lmfao. But standing there all closed lip brooding doesn't look right to me lol. But thank you guys for everyone taking the time to steer a new collector into better figures. I bought the Mk 3 iron man and like you guys said earlier, it looks like a kids toy compared to the newer stuff. Now I will be selling that one again on ebay and repurchasing. Hopefully with all the advice you guys so generously gave I wont have to do that with Thor lol.

my advice would be get to get the best of both worlds. get the standard TDW thor and then purchase one of the seemless arm bodies from zc toys. then you can swap back and forth between the armored arm look and the bare arm look at will. it's what i did and fits perfectly. for the cost difference of trying to get the light armor version you can pick up the standard version and one of those bodies... and it should cost you the same.

s-l1600.jpg

12421765_10207083160791004_1170307910_n.jpg I went with the Dark World heavy armour. I prefer the armoured sleeves mainly because it reminds of the Thor comic series from a few years ago. It is the one and only Thor I will be getting.

All this talk makes me want Light Armour, even though it is the only one I'm missing and is basically the TDW figure without sleeves... :lol

I'm in the same boat deciding which Thor but this has only made me more torn over which one to get now.

The AoU has a much better sculpt but I've seen videos of trying to pose those arms and it does not look great. Plus, the gaps and seams between the arms and chest don't look as bad with the chain mail but really stand out when it's supposed to be skin.

I've looked around for a different head I could buy for TDW Thor but I can only find the stupid open mouth face.

I grabbed the dark world light armor. But thank you everyone for helping me decide. It rules to have guys to bounce this **** off of with the cost of these things lol.

I would wait a year to see what Ragnarok brings.
Those Thor figures aren't going anywhere any time soon.

I know and actually was thinking the same thing, but I need a space filler Thor for now to do my Avengers display etc. And I like this one. I would probably just box and keep him even if I got a new one....Unlike MMS75 Mk III.....Sad Face on that one lol.

Back