Hemble's Customs 22/05/11

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you are back!!

I love that "Pinned Down" dio, soooooo cool. Look forward to seeing more in the future. Good stuff!!

Glad to see your back home safely. Great dio's as always....I like the one where the trooper is waist deep in swamp water....but they all rock. :rock

Another "nice to see you back" from rainy NY. Another sweet dio Ron. You've done Lucas' used/dirty universe proud.

Welcome back mate and will have to catch up soon. Great work as usual and cant wait to see your 1/6 sandtroopers dio.

Hi All

On father's day just gone I was very lucky dad a got not one but two SS Sandtrooper's. I thought about doing a dio with them but decided that I would do a display for them instead so that I could arrange them around whenever I want.

Recipe

Sandtroopers - Are from Sideshow and are the ones that come with all the extra weapons and the rubbery sand base. Nothing to major was done with them just a good repaint and weathering using Vallejo, GW paints and chalk pastels.

The base - The base is made from marine foam and cut out to the design you see in the pics. The walls have been covered in plaster of paris and PVA/woodglue and the base was covered in fine washed river sand.

The door was made using thin cardboard from a ceral box, and the frame section in front of the door was done using Evergrenn plasticard .

The intercom was made using parts from 1/1000th Star Trek nacelle some 7" Artasylum communicators and tricorder and a old paint lid.

The shade cloth is just soem old cloth cut to shape and glued into place and was given a wash in watered down sand/yellow paint.

The containers are made from some old pepsi cans which have been turned upside down and GW paint lids added to the top and thin cardboard used from around the cans. The warning signs were down on thecomputer and printed off.

Ron

not only are you a sw artist but a recycling expert as well. you may have just solved the world's waste problem ron.........:lecture
shall we send you all our rubbish so you can turn it into gold??.........:monkey3

excellent work...........:clap

Hi All

Guys thanks heaps for all the comments and glad you all like the dio and figures.

barryo - Yeah my wife hates me as I have heaps of storage bins full of stuff that she thinks is rubbish, little does the poor woman know:lol

Ron

Doesn't she know the old saying? "One man's junk is another man's dio." lol

Back