Hemble's Customs 22/05/11

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

I figured that I would start my own thread as it would be alot easier to just place all my custom SCI-FI in one place.

The first custom isn't anything to spectacular just a simple repaint and a new dio base.

I had a lot of people email me ask if I was going to start doing more figures and articulation like I did for the Assualt Sandtrooper custom below. The answer to that is yes and there will be a lot more to come on.

As everyone knows I'm more of a static figure customizer/diorama maker and when I was commissioned to do a lot of Sandtrooper paint apps I got hooked on doing more articulated figures after finishing them.

So I thought I would start of by doing a articulated figure of my favourite SW character the figure and dio were painted using Vallejo and GW paints and weathered using Vallejo paints and pastels.

RECIPE

Figure - The figure is the 2010 vintage Sandy that came with the Dewback and was painted and weathered with no conversions done to it except the rifle which as had a longer barrel put on it from a 1/72 scale tank barrel.

Base - The base I got from the craft store for 10 cents and the moisture evaporator is from hasbro which was pulled apart to give it a different look. The base was built up with plaster and woodglue/PVA and sand was added while it was drying, once dry the whole thing was painted and weathered.

ns1.jpg

ns2.jpg

ns3.jpg

ns4.jpg

ns5.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All

Not SW but I figured you guys would like these. The phasers for Spock and Kirk are casts from Dorgs, thanks buddy if it wasn't for you I would have never done these figures.

I've always wanted 1/6 scale Trek figures but never got really motivated to do any until nanjin over on Sideshow Freaks forums was making TOS Kirk, Spock and McCoy to sell in limited quantities. I was very impressed with the figures but never would be able to afford them so decided to make my own.

Ron

RECIPE

Spock - The body is a Soldier Story, the hands are TTL v3 and the head I got from Lonnie The frontline custom head he doesn't have the Spock head on his website I got mine from ebay, but if you email I think he should be able to let you know where to get them.

The pants are from the 12" TOS Playmates figures I just cut them off the outfit, the top is from D-Art Studios https://www.d-artstudios.com/index.htm. I couldn't find any swirly embroidery so I cut up some old 1/6 straps I had in my bits box and painted them gold.

The science emblem on his chest was drawn by hand and then hand painted as my printer decided to give in and then it was glued inplace. The boots, tricorder, phaser and Vulcan saluting hand are from the old Spock AMT model, the tricorder has had a leather strap added.

Base - is from an old Indy figure I had I'm just using it as a generic base till I build Kirk and then I will be making a dio for them both.

sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp4.jpg

sp7.jpg

sp9.jpg

Hi All

After completing Spock I put Kirk on hold till I got some more boots but once I got them I got stuck into building him asap. I'm in the process of collecting materials to make a TOS Captain Chair but till then the chair in the pics will do.

RECIPE

Kirk - The body is a Soldier Story, the hands are from TTL v3 and Sideshow Indy, the head I got from Lonnie The frontline custom head he doesn't have the kirk head on his website I got mine from ebay, but if you email I think he should be able to let you know where to get them.

The pants are from the 12" TOS Playmates figures I just cut them off the outfit, the top is from D-Art Studios https://www.d-artstudios.com/index.htm. I couldn't find any swirly embroidery so I cut up some old 1/6 straps I had in my bits box and painted them gold.

The command emblem on his chest was drawn by hand and then hand painted as my printer decided to give in and then it was glued inplace. The boots and phaser are from the old Spock and Scotty AMT models.

Base - is from another old base I had lying around I'm just using it as a generic base now till I can get Kirks chair built.

Ron

jk1.jpg

jk2.jpg

jk3.jpg

jk4.jpg

jk6.jpg

jk7.jpg

Image12.jpg

Sandtrooper is fine, nice look! And trekies.....I don't like trekies=D But they looks really cool! And Spock I saw at toynewsi.com.

Great work as always ! I love your dios , they never fail to look natural and "un-posed" ( if that makes sense!) . The Trek guys are also mightily impressive , I've always intended to get around to doing Starfleet related stuff , but sourcing uniforms etc has always been a problem . Maybe now's the time to look into it !:clap

Ron, so glad you started your own thread. Gonna be ace having all your stuff in one place. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Ow, that Kirk and Spock are fantastic looking! :)

Everything looks great, except I am not too keen on the foliage. It sort of looks like they are standing in pot plants. I love the look with chair though. Great work

Yeah Ron lovin the trek (DONT TELL ANY ONE!!!) hahaha... they look great....

I have a question for you MASTER weathering god that you are..... I want to weather up a bike.... could I just matt coat it then wether over the top??? Or do you think I would have to re-spray the whole bike and start from scratch?

Hi All

Always appreciate the comments guys thank you.

DinoLast yeah the bases aren't that great there just generic ones I have been using for all the figures especially my Indy figs until I make a shelf dio.

Dorgmal Snow your secret is safe with me mate honestly:).

And for the bike just give it a good going over with warm soapy water and then rinse off well. Let it air dry then use the Matt Coat and your good to go.

Ron

Hi All

Again nothing to major guys/gals just more 3-3/4" stuff till I can get my hands on some more 1/6 Sandies.

I have a number of Sandtroopers that I'm doing for a diorama and have a few left over which I have and will be doing small dio's for, this first one depicts a Sandtrooper Squad Leader in an area in MOS ESPA.

The building section depicts a typical structure that you would find on Tatooine. The only real difference is that I decided that I would make the walls a little more of a yellowish colour due to the different texture and colour if sand that you would find in different parts of a planet.

As always once I got the look and feel I wanted for both the figure and diorama they were painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints and weathered using Vallejo paints and pastels.

RECIPE

Sandtrooper - The Sandtrooper is from the Hasbro Vintage 2010 line and was given a pauldron from a VOTC Sandtrooper, I left the articulation alone on this figure as I will be only supergluing and putting the joints up on figures on my larger dios.

I added thin leather straps to the pauldron and MP40 mag pouch. I cut the old MP40 mag pouch that was attached to the VOTC pauldron and added a new MP40 pouch from a WW2 1/18 Forces of Valor German figure.

The Base - the base is from a two dollar shop, the walls of the buiding are pieces of foam glued together and then a mix of plaster and woodglue was applied over the top of it. The pipes and bits and pieces on the walls are old pieces from an old Star Trek kit, 1/35 parts and two straws from the pits box.

me1.jpg

me2.jpg

me3.jpg

me5.jpg

me6.jpg

me8.jpg

Back