Help! Indy ROLA PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffTVR

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can someone help please? I want to know how to remove the head piece from my Indy PF so I can send it off to one of the great painters on the board to get it repainted. Thanks.

I might be wrong but I think you can only remove the head if you got the Exclusive with the swappable heads.

Most may disagree with me, but your better off just shipping the whole thing.

Otherwise your in sack saw (cutting down from about 1cm buffer past the neck down the chest on both sides in a "V" like pattern) or hammer territory ...

Wow, I hadn't appreciated any of this. This is my first PF, having previously stuck with 1/6th so far. Not sure I am now that pleased with it. I can seem to take any of the clothes off either. :dunno I wanted to fix the colours on the jacket and strap on the bag as well. :gah:

Thanks for the responses! :hi5:

Jeff, it might be a pain but I'd start scanning through the main Indy ROTA PF thread to educate yourself about this piece. A lot of freaks have done a ton of custom work on this PF and I'm sure you'd get a good amount of tips and advice there.

Last edited:
I have the regular so a repaint is out for me. I have however been seriously considering taking a paintbrush to the jacket as I've seen others do, just need to work up the nerve :panic:

I'm sure if I did that it would lead to a belt/holster/bag from Mike :lol

That's right, only the Exclusive heads come off. Also, the clothes are put on during assembly, so taking off his jacket and shirt are not likely. However, I am about to repaint my aunt's PF, and it is not Exclusive either. A little masking, and it should be just as well, but it will be a pain to hold while painting.

Last edited:
Statues aren't action figures. Sideshow does employ modular pieces like magnetic hands or heads that can be interchanged, but these are not designed to be undresses and redressed like 12" figures.

Definately do your research next time especially before spending so much money.

That's right, only the Exclusive heads come off. Also, the clothes are put on during assembly, so taking off his jacket and shirt are not likely. However, I am about to repaint my aunt's PF, and it is not Exclusive either. A little masking, and it should be just as well, but it will be a paint to hold while painting.

Let me know how that goes Nathan, if it isn't a terrible experience I'd love it if you would consider repainting mine. I'm local so I could drop it off :rock

Well, here you go. It went like this.

IndyPoster01.jpg

IndianaJones01.jpg

IndianaJonesShirtOff03.jpg

More pics in my customs thread. Link is signature.

Back